[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

just got back from the isiah q&a forum for season ticket holders
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/16/2005  9:47 PM
he's one smooth articulate gentleman. i have a new found respect for him due to the difficulty of his job. he didn't have to do what he did tonight but he took questions from alot of people and really got into a good 10 minute conversation with me.

i asked him about the cap and when will we ever get into cap manageability. talked about pushing it further and futher after h20 expires, especially if he deals penny and tim. stuff like that.

he made a well thought out and sounding response that this is now a business where we don't deal talent for talent but $$$'s for talent and with a bigger contract, you get a better player in return. that was the gist of what he said. he came across very smart and smooth and alot of people were eating it up. i of course was like, this is BS b/c you lose more flexibility and could wind up being stuck. he kept on with his response tho. it's tough not to like him tho b/c he's very nice, met with us after, talked to him a little more, shook his hands and picture BUT i still ain't buying it until i see it. he did say that the talent right now is not close to the $$$'s but he's trying to even it out. give him time.

anyways, good job by him BUT the real thing he did say was that h20's knee is not good. he wants to play but can't so at some point he has to make a decision. this COMPLETELY goes against what h20 has been saying about feeling better.

second important thing was that there were rumblings about a draft day deal (not by him but from other season subscription staff) where we ship penny and #8 for boozer and #6.

hell man, one more PF and we'll have one for every continent.

NY KNICKS 2005 - ALL PF!!!

[Edited by - djsunyc on 06/16/2005 21:49:07]
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/16/2005  9:51 PM
Thanks for the update. Nothing too surprising in there. Man you should have told him about the site and asked him the join. We could've gotten our own Q and A going on...and we all know how much Zeke is loved around here.
djsunyc
6/16/2005  9:55 PM
it's funny b/c of the staff was like they do research on REALGM and said it was filled with highschoolers and stuff. i told her to check out ultimateknicks.com b/c we get some good discussions going, like our jessica alba thread, and dido's astrology masterpiece. :)

he really is a nice guy and he's a smart guy.

just stop d cking around with the mo taylors.

also, in response to me, he said that we are trading for longer contracts to stabalize the cap structure. he used nazr as an example - that we would have to pay him 7,8 mil. but now they have malik for only $6 mil for mulitple years AND got 2 #1's in return. i don't get his logic tho - LONGER contracts to stabalize cap structure??!?!?!
djsunyc
6/16/2005  9:58 PM
oh, another big one

my friend asked him why he didn't play any young'n's at the end of last season.

he said that it was his decision b/c he wanted everyone to earn their way to the court. he didn't just want to give ariza, butler, and sweets minutes just to give them minutes. (what a BS answer).

ANOTHER important piece of info - my other friend asked him about steph's knee and he said that he had some tendinitis but it's okay now.

here we go again...h20 part 2 in another 2 years...

i'm telling you, my friends and i asked the best questions, the other people were like who's the coach, who's he scouting, etc. and the answers were the same ones you read here.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/16/2005  10:02 PM
he said that it was his decision b/c he wanted everyone to earn their way to the court. he didn't just want to give ariza, butler, and sweets minutes just to give them minutes. (what a BS answer).

Come on now Zeke, that's called progression. Those games were 48 minutes of garbage time, the perfect time to play them. As for earning their way onto the court, we may not get to see them practice, but based on their oncourt play throughout the season, they earned it. Ugh, we need someone who realizes that.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/16/2005  10:34 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Come on now Zeke, that's called progression. Those games were 48 minutes of garbage time, the perfect time to play them. As for earning their way onto the court, we may not get to see them practice, but based on their oncourt play throughout the season, they earned it. Ugh, we need someone who realizes that.
Butler's really the only one whose minutes you can complain about. I disagree that he was making Sweetney earn his playing time. If he was, he would have been playing behind Kurt, JYD, Malik, and Mo instead of in front of all of them (except Kurt).
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/16/2005  10:35 PM
this is kind of what bugs me about him. I see him as such a smooth operator, yet he really hasnt pulled anything off yet. I'm waiting for him to sell the Knicks to a FA, a bigtime coach or make a really smooth deal.

Boozer for 6 for TT + 8 would be pretty good. Boozer's deal is tough but there's a trade where you get the better player and the better pick (better player by a lot).

Booz could easily play center in the East. Not ideal I will admit but he's got a lot more umph in every part of his game than KT does.

I mean he's 23 year old. He's coming off a bad season, but the flip side would be FOR ONCE the Knicks would be buying low. A year before he's playing good D and giving you 16 and 12 a night. He had some monster games getting 20+ boards also.

To me that would be a good example of using the Garden $$$ to really upgrade the roster and the draft. I think you could get bonafide franchise talent there. Take Granger and offer Hunter the full MLE and your really cooking in 1 year
Marbury
Crawford
Granger
Boozer
Hunter
with Ariza, JYD, Rose, Sweetney and company coming off the bench. If you could get a coach in here that could really sell a tough physical style of play lord knows we would have some big bodies to throw at teams.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/16/2005  10:37 PM
dude, u r the man for starting this thread. I am glad you and ur friends asked him real questions and I am really glad I got a chance to read ur posts. good job dj..
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/16/2005  10:42 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

dude, u r the man for starting this thread. I am glad you and ur friends asked him real questions and I am really glad I got a chance to read ur posts. good job dj..
Yeah, thanks. It's a good thread. It's nice to know what Isiah said.
djsunyc
6/16/2005  10:42 PM
thanks -

boozer + #6 for penny + #8 is probably the definition of no brainer (to this franchise since we don't care about $$$'s) and would actually be a really good move by isiah.
djsunyc
6/16/2005  10:53 PM
he did also say that he's molding this team into a power team. that's why he loaded up with PF's. he also said that some of those PF's we have now, he actually sees as SF's in his vision.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/16/2005  10:59 PM
In the NBA, trading an expiring contract for a better player isn't good enough if you don't have a dominant player to build around.

Isiah should become a politician.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/16/2005  11:28 PM
Posted by fishmike:

To me that would be a good example of using the Garden $$$ to really upgrade the roster and the draft. I think you could get bonafide franchise talent there. Take Granger and offer Hunter the full MLE and your really cooking in 1 year
Marbury
Crawford
Granger
Boozer
Hunter
with Ariza, JYD, Rose, Sweetney and company coming off the bench. If you could get a coach in here that could really sell a tough physical style of play lord knows we would have some big bodies to throw at teams.

The Hunter thing still seems half baked dreams, but everything else is a definite do.

I'd be ecstatic with this...Even with Kurt still playing center it's current:
Marbs, craw, TT, Boozer, Kurt
reezy, sweets, rose, moT, Jyd

Heaven forbid reezy turns into a SG.
all kool aid all the time.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/16/2005  11:38 PM
WOW. Just WOW. Thanks for the info and the plug and the thread djsunyc.

I already know that most all of the major newspaper writers stop by the site - don't really know which ones pay attention to the forums but there are some for sure. I hope some in the NY organization stop by.

Man, #6 + Booz for TT & #8. Hell yeah. If Bynum isn't on the board I am leaning towards Joey Graham or Granger. And I don't mind taking Joey and playing him at the 2 with Ariza at the 3.

My impression is that Isiah is a smooooth talker but slick as an oil salesman. I kinda agree with his 'young guys need to earn minutes' but not when you can lose 1 game and move up a spot in the draft.

thanks for the info. Anyone else from here attend?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/16/2005  11:50 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

second important thing was that there were rumblings about a draft day deal (not by him but from other season subscription staff) where we ship penny and #8 for boozer and #6.

I think the rumor is PENNY and 8 for Boozer and 6.

We can keep TT (6'10" troubles may be behind him)
all kool aid all the time.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  1:21 AM
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by djsunyc:

Tomatoes tomAtoes! Who the hell cares I'd ship both of em out = #8 for boozer and #6! I'm not as down on TIm as you guys are, but for Boozer and #6 I'd do it, it is also a no brainer.

I think the rumor is PENNY and 8 for Boozer and 6.

We can keep TT (6'10" troubles may be behind him)
Killa4luv
USA
6/17/2005  1:22 AM
BTW, Thanx DJ!!!!!

I don't always agree with you, but you are the freaking man right now, you are truly the man for this!!!! Enjoy it while it lasts cause tommorrow I will be right back at your throat everytime you post some end of the world-Marbury trade scenario.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/17/2005  1:38 AM
Great report, djsunyc! Didn't he mention who was he looking to trade with that 6th pick? He must already have an eye on someone and I highly doubt it is Fryre if he is trying to move up so much. In fact, he may try to trade the guy he picks at #6 for two guys picked up later. Who knows, but the trade would be a very good one for New York. If he couls somehow trade one or two PFs just for the sake of balancing the roster, I would be happy.

About playing the youngsters, thats real BS! I can understand his logic, but I don't agree. Young players need time to play and develope so they can grow and get ready to help. You can't yet compare them to veterans who have had a lot of time in other organizations and may bring nothing new to the team. Yeah, young players need to build a good attitude, need to work hard everytime to get their time. But when everything's lost? Once the season is lost, develope them! That was dumb! I rather have all the rookies playing, losing the game but improving than some veterans doing slightly better but yet losing and having no improvement.

Power team? What about a TEAM, to start with? This franchise needs a direction, and bring guys that fit it. See San Antonio and Detroit, for example. More than having great talent, you need a direction and to stick to the plan. We have talent on this team, they just don't play as one.
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
USA
6/17/2005  1:46 AM
I think making them earn their time is something he has learned and experienced as a player and found to be useful in developing talent. Thats how you get players to get the most out of themselves. I hate it on the one end because i wanted to see the young'ns play, but on the other end, I think it is a smart long term move for their skills and confidence.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  6:36 AM
Good job Dj, excellent...You should have asked him about when in the freaking world he will find the balls to Kurt out of town...I will be very satisfy with all of his move if he is able to move Kurt....
The true Knickabocker..........
just got back from the isiah q&a forum for season ticket holders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy