[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why I am not excited about the draft
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/16/2005  8:38 PM
Ok..lets all take a deep breath here. How many times have we been through this over the past few seasons?

I have watched Houston take Yao Ming after spending a few months reading about him and crossing my fingers for a #1 pick.

I have watched New York pick Nene to my joy and elation...only to learn minutes later that this francise was headed down a dark path of dispair.

I have watched Cleveland take Lebron James after spending a few months reading about him and crossing my fingers for a #1 pick.

I have watched New York pick Michael Sweetney - who seems like a nice guy, but has not added any W's to that all important column that gets you to the playoffs.

I have watched NY pick Trevor Ariza who seems like he could be a decent player - but he is stuck on a team that does not play youth as much as it should...although the jusrt is out on next season for him.

I have done the same thing this off season that I have done every season we have been headed to the lotto. Listened to Briggs praise of young players, read the posts proclaiming our savior could be on the way, seen many think up dramatic draft day trades to add us more picks - or an impact player - and every year this team fails to bring home a player that really impacts the game.

Of course I want them to pick the best player who can help us win and bring some cheer to the fans who so desperately need it. I just find it hard to get up for this thing year after year, with so much uncertainty - and a bad track record. Who knows, maybe this year will be different - I will tell you this, the #8 excites me a lot more then #30 or anything after. Will those players even make the roster? Who knows.

I want this team to be good so bad that it hurts sometimes. I am still counting the days to this draft because you never know, there is always an element of excitement to it, but for some reason I dont expect to much....maybe I just dont want to be let down again.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/16/2005  9:12 PM
I look at it this way, I think the guys in the front office are on the line here. I think this super luxury tax is great because it ties us into our own moves. If the draft is a great success and subsuquent moves make the team do well--great--everyone is cool

If the team falters and the draft picks bust, then there is another avenue--clean the whole frikin house and hopefylly the idiot will sell.

Im hoping we spike way up or really frikin bottom out --its one or the other--staying in the middle is horrible for every fan
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
6/16/2005  9:55 PM
I don't know, I expect some sort of disappointment, but that's only because that's what we've been accustomed to. The one thing Zeke does well is draft. Whether or not he is a good GM is a completely different topic, but come draft day, Zeke is the man. Despite my NY instincts telling me to brace for the worst, I'm really starting to think that we can and will look back at this draft and be content to say the least.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  8:28 AM
Why am I so excited about the draft???? because Isiah and his people are making the decisions this year....I am confident that they will do a much better job than the old regime
The true Knickabocker..........
pizza
Member: #895
Vatican City
6/17/2005  8:43 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

because you ran out of zoloft?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/17/2005  8:45 AM
I'm pretty sure they will find a way to screw it up. So there is really nothing to be excited about.

A thought of the 2nd coming of Lorenzen Wright at 8 is not really something to be anticipating.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
OasisBU
USA
6/17/2005  9:27 AM
Posted by pizza:
Posted by OasisBU:

because you ran out of zoloft?

Man I dont even think pills could make a fan happy about the way this team has been headed over the past few seasons. Nice try though
MS
Member: #724
6/17/2005  9:28 AM
Isiah has been a ****ing disaster and your confident in him.....he hasn't made one good trade yet, the only thing he has done was bring in Ariza, other than that he has paid the kings ransom for everyone......

Get us a coach and a team that enjoys playing
OasisBU
USA
6/17/2005  9:29 AM
Posted by simrud:

A thought of the 2nd coming of Lorenzen Wright at 8 is not really something to be anticipating.

That is my fear about Frye too - the idea og a big man is nice, bit finding a quality one who will blossom into something decent in the NBA seems to be next to impossible. We do not need Lorenzen Wright pt. 2 - We need a real legit big man. I am all for taking a wing player who could be a stud if there is no quality talent at the 5 or 4 position.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  9:31 AM
Fans, calm down about Fryeeeeeeeeeeee...Isiah knows what the hell he is doing....If he picks Frye, it is only because the dude is good enough to produce....
The true Knickabocker..........
MS
Member: #724
6/17/2005  9:51 AM
TT, MO T, Penny, Crawford, Lenny Wilkens, lets evaluate good enough to produce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy