[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Inside Information from Knicks Mgmt ..
Author Thread
DaKidd
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #209
USA
5/2/2002  4:13 PM
Found this on another site and claimed it was inside information .. I tweaked the trades a little bit to fit under the cap as well as make it realistic ..

News is, Knick management are trying to package Spree and Camby ..

New York trades:
C Marcus Camby

New York receives:
SF Lamar Odom
2002 2nd round draft pick

TRADE ID = 54959

New York trades:
SG Latrell Sprewell
PF Kurt Thomas
PG Howard Eisley

New York receives:
SF Lamond Murray
SG Wesley Person
PG Bimbo Coles
PF Tyrone Hill
C Michael Doleac

TRADE ID = 549594

This deal coincides with this report .. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=4001509&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46370&rfi=6 ..

The rest are what I think will happen after these trades are done ..

New York trades:
C Travis Knight
PF Othella Harrington

New York receives:
C Greg Ostertag

TRADE ID = 549601

Knowing Layden and his infalliable love with Jazz players he'll probably make this deal ..

Assuming Golden State gets Yao Ming with their pick ..

New York trades:
SF Lamond Murray
SF Clarence Weatherspoon

New York receives:
C Erick Dampier

New York drafts:
PG Dajuan Wagner or Jason Williams with NYK's lotto pick
PF Chris Wilcox with CLE's lotto pick
PF DeAngelo Collins with NYK's 2nd round pick
LAC's 2nd round pick still available

New York Knicks 2002 - 2003

C Greg Ostertag - Erick Dampier
PF Chris Wilcox - DeAngelo Collins
SF Lamar Odom - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - Wesley Person
PG Dajuan Wagner or Jason Williams - Mark Jackson

With this line-up we can provide teams with a nice package including Ward, Hill, and/or Doleac for expiring contracts ..

Damn, I think we're in better shape than most of us perceive the Knicks to be ..

[Edited by - DaKidd on 05/02/2002 17:05:07]
AUTOADVERT
nykfan37
Member: #118
5/2/2002  5:53 PM
Did a birdy tell you this? Anyways I don't think it would make us a better team...for the future yes, but not now...The center position sucks, also how do you expect to get wagner or jwill with the 5th pick?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/2/2002  6:28 PM
Wagner is a possibility at 5, and the Knicks should be building towards the future since their team now won 30 games last year.
#Knickstaps
DaKidd
USA
5/2/2002  6:30 PM
Posted by nykfan37:

Did a birdy tell you this? Anyways I don't think it would make us a better team...for the future yes, but not now...The center position sucks, also how do you expect to get wagner or jwill with the 5th pick?

That's the whole point of the trades ..

Do you really think we could contend with Spree and Camby as our cornerstones? Better send them to a contender rather than their careers rotting in New York ..

Knicks need a major facelift .. With Odom, Wilcox, Collins and Wagner or JWill as our investment, it will pay off as soon as Shaq retires ..

Our Center position sucks, true .. But we're playing in the East were Centers are hard to find .. All we need them to do is rebound and block shots anyway .. Anyway, are you really content with starting pretenders whose height is 6'11 and 6'10 in the Center position?
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/2/2002  7:01 PM
Here's a thought, why not start 2 PF's instead of a pf and a lamebrain center?

Deangelo at center and Wilcox at PF could work in the east anyway, they's surely outrun the competition.
BigSm00th
USA
5/2/2002  7:02 PM
Or Thomas who's probably 6 ft. 8. If those trades are possible, do them. Keep Odom on a tight leash, one more substance abuse violation and he's out a year. However, the second trade where we get rid of Sprewell, Thomas, and Eisley, instead of getting a bunch of garbage, get Andre Miller. Have them resign him and then trade him to the Knicks. Wagner is a 2-guard so he'd play his natural position. Then you'd have future starters of:
PG-'Dre Miller
2G-Dajuan Wagner
SF-Lamar Odom
PF-Wilcox
C-Sign one, they'd have a bunch of contracts gone by 2004 and 2005, so sign a big name guy to come to NY.
#Knickstaps
nykfan37
5/2/2002  7:19 PM
nm about that comment, I thought you thought this would be a quickfix and get us in the playoffs next year, anyways where did you hear the other trade from?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/5/2002  10:05 AM
I saw a similar trade on RealGm.com which is where I think DaKidd got that from, anyway if the trades work out anywhere close then not only will the knicks be set for the future but we will be a more exciting team next year. I am tired of people talking about keeping these same clowns for next year or saying we won't be good with young player next year.. The fact remains is that we need to stop the quick fix and rebuild now, hopefully with a little luck we will be better than expected, make a run at the playoffs and give us fans something to look forward to...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nykfan37
5/5/2002  10:32 AM
Can you link me to the post on realgm.com with that?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/5/2002  5:06 PM
Posted by nykfan37:

sorry I could not find that link right now, I don't know what happened to it, but I remember seeing it because I responded to it..Ask Da Kidd he might be able to help...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
DaKidd
USA
5/5/2002  11:39 PM
Posted by nykfan37:

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=51781&forum=24
BigSm00th
USA
5/6/2002  10:39 PM
If the Knicks didn't do these trades, they are destined to fail. Trading for Odom and bringing him home would put him over the hump I think. He was going to break out this year, as most players do in their third years (see: Kobe, KG), but that pot smoking thing got him in trouble. He could be the Knicks 6 ft. 10 point forward, ah, the possibilities. And, let's not forget when Odom was drafted people were saying he would be better then Iverson and there were trade rumors involving the two, this is like getting a rookie, his potential is endless.

In the 2nd, Cleveland trade, the Knicks are giving up a lot so they could ask for the Cleveland draft pick. With the Cavs pick between 3 and 5, they get Dajuan Wagner to play guard, and with the 2nd pick, they can get Amare Stoudemire or Qyntel Woods, two big question marks. Either lineup would cause tremendous matchup problems. Wagner would have to be covered by the other teams point guard, but Woods at 6 ft. 9 and Odom at 6 ft. 10 playing guard and forward would wreak havoc. The Utah trade is fairly pointless since with the Cleveland contract situation (Murray - 4 years left, Person - 2 years left, Coles - 2 years left, Hill - 1 year left, Doleac - 1 year left)

Also, with that lineup, you'd have a bad enough team to get a nice draft pick next year to get either help up front, trade it, or draft one of the great point guards coming out. Since they'd have a shot @ Chris Duhon or T.J. Ford, they could go with that scenario, rebuilding would be fairly pain free, and they'd have this fully mature lineup in 4 to 5 years:
PG-T.J. Ford/Chris Duhon
SG-Dajuan Wagner
SF-Qyntel Woods
PF-Lamar Odom
C-Free Agent Signee

Quite good possibilities, but a Wagner/Woods/Odom nucleus would rock, thoughts?
#Knickstaps
Inside Information from Knicks Mgmt ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy