[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Joey Graham is top athlete in Chicago Pre-Draft camp.
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/16/2005  7:30 AM
Joey Graham Grades out as top athlete in the Chicago Pre-Draft camp

We’re still waiting on Chad Ford to get back from Europe to hear about the results for the combines in Chicago (because we can push all we want, but we sure as hell aren’t getting them), but a couple of nuggets are already coming out from people who have eyeballed the list. The top athlete in this draft is Joey Graham, followed by Will Bynum at #2. Graham was helped by the fact that he bench pressed the 185 pound bar 26 times, the most amongst any player here. Also grading out very well were Chuck Hayes (#1 SF/PF) Marvin Williams (#3 PF/SF, not a typo), David Lee (#1 pure PF), Pops Mensah-Bonsu (#2 PF).

Coincidentally, the high-flying licensed pilot Joey Graham from Oklahoma State signed a four year, seven figure deal with Nike shortly after the camp, according to his agent Roger Montgomery. Both Joey and his brother Stephen were approached by Nike and a deal was hammered out. Joey is coming off a string of excellent workouts over the past month and has since seen his stock rise into the mid-late lottery. And while Joey has been doing his thing, it was actually his brother, Stevie, who stole the show when the two worked out in front of lottery teams at a private workout during the Chicago pre-draft camp. This might come as a shock to some, but numerous NBA executives over the past month have told DraftExpress flat out that Stevie is going to get drafted. Considering his athletic ability and style of play, it would surprise no one if he ended up with a Nike deal himself after the NBA draft on June 28th.
This is from Draft Express.

Joey Graham seems more and more like the wing player we should select if we select one. there are others, but he is the one I am sold on. His brother is good too, so maybe he can be our consolation prize.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/16/2005  7:45 AM
I think Troy Bell was also the best athlete... just for some perspective.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/16/2005  7:42 PM
Troy bell was an undersized swingman with a questionable jumper and a body in need of a little development. Graham is a rock solid athlete with an automatic 18 footer and the potential to play possibly 3 positions (2,3,4 in spurts)
~You can't run from who you are.~
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/16/2005  10:44 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Graham is a rock solid athlete with an automatic 18 footer and the potential to play possibly 3 positions (2,3,4 in spurts)
I knew u wouldnt miss this thread!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  1:35 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Troy bell was an undersized swingman with a questionable jumper and a body in need of a little development. Graham is a rock solid athlete with an automatic 18 footer and the potential to play possibly 3 positions (2,3,4 in spurts)

That being said, I think FIshs point does add perspective. I think alot of guys here don't know how to use this information. They take it as everything or as worthless. I see it as a tool that is useful in evaluating a player.

Clearly an athelete like Joey Graham at 6-6-7 is not going to be troy bell, one because he is an incredible athlete at his height, 2 because he actually is skilled, he can shoot dribble and play good defense, hes definitely going to be a player.

I was already high on him, I am now higher. We really could use him too, but if other players seem more promising than him to zeke I'll be fine with that as well.
joec32033
USA
6/17/2005  5:28 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by joec32033:

Graham is a rock solid athlete with an automatic 18 footer and the potential to play possibly 3 positions (2,3,4 in spurts)
I knew u wouldnt miss this thread!

joec32033
USA
6/17/2005  5:30 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by joec32033:

That being said, I think FIshs point does add perspective. I think alot of guys here don't know how to use this information. They take it as everything or as worthless. I see it as a tool that is useful in evaluating a player.

Clearly an athelete like Joey Graham at 6-6-7 is not going to be troy bell, one because he is an incredible athlete at his height, 2 because he actually is skilled, he can shoot dribble and play good defense, hes definitely going to be a player.

I was already high on him, I am now higher. We really could use him too, but if other players seem more promising than him to zeke I'll be fine with that as well.

I understand the perspective that fish is shedding light on, and I actually agree with him in principle..just because you are a great athlete doesn't make you a great basketball player. BUT each player has to be looked at individually with their skills.
Joey Graham is top athlete in Chicago Pre-Draft camp.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy