Yao Ming Positive and Negatives
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/2/2002  3:38 PM
from nypost

Positives: Ming's sparkling outside shooting and his grace in running the floor for a big man, dribbling between his legs and around his back, ensured himself of being the first or second pick in the draft. The best part of the Chicago trip was the Knicks worked him out privately the day before and spoke with him later at length - the strongest indication he wants to play in New York.

Negatives: During a low-post drill, Christoffersen, a 300-pounder who probably will go in the second round, backed in on Ming and sent the 240-pounder flying back. Christoffersen turned and sank the uncontested shot.

These are the best and worst things i could find on him after the work-outs. He wants to play in New York and has more skills at 7-6 than anyone else in history. They also say he's only 240lbs which isn't great, but hopefully we'll see him listed around 270lbs by next season. I definetly see us looking to make a trade for him because he will likely be the next great NBA center.
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/2/2002  3:56 PM
There have been more negatives than positives publicized since the workout. This could be very good for the Knicks. Even Jerry West said something like "I expect him to be a top 5 or 6 pick". That, and all the other negative stuff, could make a team like Chicago think twice about taking him ahead of a Jason Williams or Dajuan Wagner.

It has been suggested that Ming purposely performed below par with the intention of falling in the draft so that he can come to NY. This sounds good to me! I think he would be a steal with the #6 pick. It's not the #1 pick we're talking about. It's worth the gamble.
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/2/2002  4:40 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

There have been more negatives than positives publicized since the workout. This could be very good for the Knicks. Even Jerry West said something like "I expect him to be a top 5 or 6 pick". That, and all the other negative stuff, could make a team like Chicago think twice about taking him ahead of a Jason Williams or Dajuan Wagner.

It has been suggested that Ming purposely performed below par with the intention of falling in the draft so that he can come to NY. This sounds good to me! I think he would be a steal with the #6 pick. It's not the #1 pick we're talking about. It's worth the gamble.
I really can't see him trying to "unimpress" scouts and nba personal if thats what we should call it. I still think Chicago will draft him and try to trade him. Ming to Dallas could be a possibility, but i'm not sure if that would happen because they would really have to restructure the deal a lot in order to get it to work under the cap. The same goes with sending Sprewell to Chicago for him and i would much rather prefer and expect a deal that would send Thomas or Camby(likely Camby) because of the smaller contracts than Spree, and our first round pick for Ming and maybe Eddie Robinson. Thats a very fair deal and would work capwise.
C Yao Ming
PF Kurt Thomas
SF Latrell Sprewell
2G Allan Houston
PG Mark Jackson(or maybe someone better)
then we can sign a good free-agent and be a great team now and in the future.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/2/2002  4:46 PM
I know, I'm probably reading too much into all this stuff and it's unlikely he will drop that far, but I can dream can't I?
We suck.
Yao Ming Positive and Negatives

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy