Jackie Bulter vs. Mike Sweetney
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/15/2005  2:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Question..Does anybody know if Butler was being recruited by college coaches the way Bynum has? I can see the same thing happening to Bynum that happened to Butler. He goes undrafted, signs with a team, is cut then goes to the CBA. My question is how was Butler sought after in comparison to Bynum?
Bynum is 7 + feet tall, Butler is like 6-8 and a half, 7 footers don't just get overlooked, they get looked over.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/15/2005  2:32 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Question..Does anybody know if Butler was being recruited by college coaches the way Bynum has? I can see the same thing happening to Bynum that happened to Butler. He goes undrafted, signs with a team, is cut then goes to the CBA. My question is how was Butler sought after in comparison to Bynum?
Bynum is 7 + feet tall, Butler is like 6-8 and a half, 7 footers don't just get overlooked, they get looked over.

I know that, I was just wondering if Butler was being recruited heavy by colleges or was he completely overlooked?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/15/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Butler commited to Tennesse. He was also recruited by Alabama, Lousville, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/15/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Butler commited to Tennesse. He was also recruited by Alabama, Lousville, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

good stuff! thanks! those are some big basketball programs!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/15/2005  5:06 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Nice quote.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
6/16/2005  12:38 AM
Posted by fishmike:

right now we are in no position to trade young players that work hard

Who does that apply too? Sweeney don't work hard and you couldn't trade Butler if you wanted too - there's a reason the knicks got him for nothing.
Killa4luv
USA
6/16/2005  7:20 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by fishmike:

right now we are in no position to trade young players that work hard

Who does that apply too? Sweeney don't work hard and you couldn't trade Butler if you wanted too - there's a reason the knicks got him for nothing.
And what is that reason?
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
6/16/2005  6:43 PM
Nobody else thought he had enough value to open up a roster spot for him.
Killa4luv
USA
6/17/2005  1:42 AM
Posted by OldFan:

Nobody else thought he had enough value to open up a roster spot for him.
That doesnt mean he isn't/wasn't any good, it just means either the knicks were the first to spot him, or the only ones who believed in him.

Guys are drafted in the 2nd round because others don't see anythign special in them, and then become good players. Butler was killing that league at 19 years old. He deserves a shot whether he fails or not, and its a damn good move for us to be the ones to give it to him.
Jackie Bulter vs. Mike Sweetney

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy