Author Thread
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/14/2005  3:32 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by crzymdups:

I've thought about the insane trade proposals we'd put together for Ariza if he'd gotten picked by Atlanta and had the opportunity to start for the whole season...

Reezy IS better than Josh Smith!
I agree if Ariza had played the amount of minutes Josh Smith did he would be in the mix for Rookie of the Year
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/14/2005  3:48 PM
Josh Smith is playing out of position at SF. He is a PF. And he would be a rebounding, shotblocking monster with a developing jumper there. Get him in the post and get him to develop some turn arounds and some hooks and he would be a star PF in this league. SFs don't get 10blks in one game. Get him down low out jumping people for rebounds and putbacks and tip ins. Get him on the pick and roll for soaring dunks or nailing mid range jumpers. And get him down low patroling the lane blocking and altering shots.

10pts 6rebs 2blks as a rookie out of highschool isn't bad at all. And he won't turn 20 until December. He didn't have a pg to get him easy looks and didn't star getting fed mins until after Harrington went down with injury & Walker was traded. Post allstar he averaged 12pts 7.6rebs 2blks per game. For the month of April he averaged 16pts 10rebs 2blks per game. For a rookie out of highschool those are good #s.

Ariza & Smith at SF & PF would be a very exciting Forward combo.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/14/2005  4:03 PM
Ariza never got the minutes Smith got, unfortunately. The most he got was in january where he got 22 minutes and scored 8ppg, 4rpg, 2apg.

per 48 minutes, their stats look very similar:

Ariza: 16.3ppg 8.4rpg 3.0apg .6blocks 2.7steals

Josh: 16.7ppg 10.3rpg 3.0apg 3.4blocks 1.38steals

obviously, Smith is the better shotblocker, and Ariza is the better ball hawk, but that comes from where they play on the court on D. Ariza was playing a lot of SG after the all-star break and once Penny disappeared.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/14/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

can we stop really dumb trade ideas, why one earth would they give up someone with street cred and fan appeal for thomas, and use so of this years cap space.....
Here is a nasty secret, Billy Knight has not been impress at all with Josh Smith. Most people in his inner circle already wants him to trade Childress. He wants to trade Harrington because he believes Harrington will just walk away, apparently so does Harrington, who has been taking shots at Knight and the Hawks ownership. Here is the problem for Billy, Williams already told the Hawks he refuse to work out for them. Great! Please let me know when Josh Smith has fan appeal because the Hawks management would like that to be transfer to ticket sales and sponsor revenue.

billy knight is thought of as a idiot and laughing stock by many fans here in Atlanta... This clown has no clue, and it is not suprising that FA's and others do not want to play here. The Hawks last year offered kenyon Martin a max type of FA offer, Kenyon didn't even bother to come here and get all the freebees that comes along with all the courting. Joshy Childress has shown much improvement over the season but fans are very dissapointed with drafting him that high... And I wish people get that Josh smith= future superstar out of their heads, he has shown nothing to suggest such.. If he does become as good as Desmond mason he will be lucky... The Hawks Franchise really needs a high profile GM, someone like IT would have been perfect, I am suprised they didn't give Dominique a shot at that Job, right now the Hawks need a face, a real face to lead this org... Billy knight is a clown...
No doubt, not to make this a Hawk site, but I wouldn't give up a solid piece for Josh Smith. Like TKF says, it takes watching this young guy in person after a couple of games to realize the horrible hype about this guy. Like I mentioned if this guy is a superstar than a guy like Ariza is a HOF. Smith BB IQ is remedial at best. This guy will be a nice role player on a team. He reminds me alot of Ham from the Pistons, a high energy guy that could give you a lift but if he is in there too long...you are in serious trouble.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
6/14/2005  4:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Good point, those guys need a damn role model. KT could be that, Kevin willis was a damn step daddy though; they were probably scared to curse in front of him, hes like 42.
there's definatly some value around the league for him. Now to be fair its probably more to a contending team, but maybe with pick 30 included its more tempting. That way they could select a guard.

There's not much in terms of FA bigs. You have Stro who's a total enigma. I love his game but he's NOT a stabilizing pressence. They already had Rahim and he was part of the playoff guarentee that went ugly.

Maybe something like Malik or KT + 30 for Josh and pick 59
Personally, I think you can do more than Josh Smith for pick 30 and KT. I mean Josh is Warrick without that jumper that he developed in college. If you tell me that Josh could developed a jumper than I say that is a pretty good deal but I don't see it. This guy shoots jumpers like Shaq. The moment that Isiah trades for this guy, there will be outcrys on this board about him getting back a role player.
Pharzeone
6/14/2005  4:30 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by tkf:

[quote]Posted by Pharzeone:

[quote]Posted by MS:

We like guys like Josh cuz we place a higher value on other teams players no matter who they are. Change is better than substantial improvement any day. every day!

Then we can wallow in our own misery and suggest trades to get him OUT
This can't be more truer. I can't wait til the get rid of KT chants turn into post of we only got 2 low first round picks for him, to the we need to draft a guy like KT. Just like Nazr.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
6/14/2005  4:58 PM
How about Sweets for Josh Smith. Sweets may be a little better now, but Josh has more upside.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/14/2005  5:21 PM
Posted by Ira:

How about Sweets for Josh Smith. Sweets may be a little better now, but Josh has more upside.
I dont even Billy knight would take Sweetney for Smith

But if you offer JYD or Rose they might do it
Josh Smith available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy