[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Josh Smith available
Author Thread
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/14/2005  12:47 PM
"By all accounts, the Hawks are targeting North Carolina's Marvin Williams with the No. 2 overall pick. But Atlanta already has small forwards Josh Smith and Josh Childress and last year traded for an undersized power forward, Al Harrington. That takes care of the two positions Williams can play. But the Hawks think enough of Williams to consider trading Smith, Childress or, most likely, Harrington."

A possible trade could be Tim Thomas for Josh Smith.

Their 20 million under the cap so taking on the rest of Tim Thomas Contract shouldnt effect them much. Plus they get it all back when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
6/14/2005  12:49 PM
can we stop really dumb trade ideas, why one earth would they give up someone with street cred and fan appeal for thomas, and use so of this years cap space.....
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/14/2005  1:06 PM
the only realistic trade there is KT for Harrington.

TT for Josh Smith? come on man...not even w/the #8 pick included will they do that deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/14/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by MS:

can we stop really dumb trade ideas, why one earth would they give up someone with street cred and fan appeal for thomas, and use so of this years cap space.....
Here is a nasty secret, Billy Knight has not been impress at all with Josh Smith. Most people in his inner circle already wants him to trade Childress. He wants to trade Harrington because he believes Harrington will just walk away, apparently so does Harrington, who has been taking shots at Knight and the Hawks ownership. Here is the problem for Billy, Williams already told the Hawks he refuse to work out for them. Great! Please let me know when Josh Smith has fan appeal because the Hawks management would like that to be transfer to ticket sales and sponsor revenue.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/14/2005  2:04 PM
Josh Smith = future superstar
Tim Thomas = fugazy

Atlanta Hawks have had caproom for years and years. Why would they give a crap about TTs expiring contract. That's the most lopsided trade in NBA history.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/14/2005  2:16 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Tim Thomas = fugazy

Atlanta Hawks have had caproom for years and years. Why would they give a crap about TTs expiring contract. That's the most lopsided trade in NBA history.
Josh smith may be a future Desmond Mason, a good player, and it would be a huge step up for him as well, but superstar? eehhhhhhh-I'd have to see more and I must admit I haven't seen much to begin with.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 06/14/2005 14:37:19]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/14/2005  2:20 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Tim Thomas = fugazy

Who told you that Josh Smith = future superstar? Because he won a slam dunk contest. Well, Harold Miner just called he would like his career back. I guess Fred Jones will be a superstar too.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/14/2005  2:44 PM
Harold Miner just called he would like his career back.
that's pretty funny!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/14/2005  2:47 PM
actually I think KT for Josh has some possibility, especially if they are able to get Bogut. KT is an enforcer. He's a solid pro, a double double guy and he approaches every game with max effort, win or lose. Thats not a bad thing to have around young players.

If I had a roster full of nothing but kids I would look long and hard at getting a guy like Malik Rose, Kurt Thomas, Antonio Davis... so long as it made sense from a $$ standpoint. Heckm, why do you think they added Kevin Willis?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/14/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

actually I think KT for Josh has some possibility, especially if they are able to get Bogut. KT is an enforcer. He's a solid pro, a double double guy and he approaches every game with max effort, win or lose. Thats not a bad thing to have around young players.

If I had a roster full of nothing but kids I would look long and hard at getting a guy like Malik Rose, Kurt Thomas, Antonio Davis... so long as it made sense from a $$ standpoint. Heckm, why do you think they added Kevin Willis?
Makes no sense when they could keep Josh and sign a guy like Kurt for an MLE level deal or sign someone like JYD for even less. You don't give up young kids with star potential just because you need a role player when there are much smarter ways to get role players.
Killa4luv
USA
6/14/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Good point, those guys need a damn role model. KT could be that, Kevin willis was a damn step daddy though; they were probably scared to curse in front of him, hes like 42.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/14/2005  2:56 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

Here is a nasty secret, Billy Knight has not been impress at all with Josh Smith. Most people in his inner circle already wants him to trade Childress. He wants to trade Harrington because he believes Harrington will just walk away, apparently so does Harrington, who has been taking shots at Knight and the Hawks ownership. Here is the problem for Billy, Williams already told the Hawks he refuse to work out for them. Great! Please let me know when Josh Smith has fan appeal because the Hawks management would like that to be transfer to ticket sales and sponsor revenue.

billy knight is thought of as a idiot and laughing stock by many fans here in Atlanta... This clown has no clue, and it is not suprising that FA's and others do not want to play here. The Hawks last year offered kenyon Martin a max type of FA offer, Kenyon didn't even bother to come here and get all the freebees that comes along with all the courting. Joshy Childress has shown much improvement over the season but fans are very dissapointed with drafting him that high... And I wish people get that Josh smith= future superstar out of their heads, he has shown nothing to suggest such.. If he does become as good as Desmond mason he will be lucky... The Hawks Franchise really needs a high profile GM, someone like IT would have been perfect, I am suprised they didn't give Dominique a shot at that Job, right now the Hawks need a face, a real face to lead this org... Billy knight is a clown...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
USA
6/14/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

billy knight is thought of as a idiot and laughing stock by many fans here in Atlanta... This clown has no clue, and it is not suprising that FA's and others do not want to play here. The Hawks last year offered kenyon Martin a max type of FA offer, Kenyon didn't even bother to come here and get all the freebees that comes along with all the courting. Joshy Childress has shown much improvement over the season but fans are very dissapointed with drafting him that high... And I wish people get that Josh smith= future superstar out of their heads, he has shown nothing to suggest such.. If he does become as good as Desmond mason he will be lucky... The Hawks Franchise really needs a high profile GM, someone like IT would have been perfect, I am suprised they didn't give Dominique a shot at that Job, right now the Hawks need a face, a real face to lead this org... Billy knight is a clown...
I co-sign this Nique is still being shafted.
fishmike
USA
6/14/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Good point, those guys need a damn role model. KT could be that, Kevin willis was a damn step daddy though; they were probably scared to curse in front of him, hes like 42.
there's definatly some value around the league for him. Now to be fair its probably more to a contending team, but maybe with pick 30 included its more tempting. That way they could select a guard.

There's not much in terms of FA bigs. You have Stro who's a total enigma. I love his game but he's NOT a stabilizing pressence. They already had Rahim and he was part of the playoff guarentee that went ugly.

Maybe something like Malik or KT + 30 for Josh and pick 59
Killa4luv
USA
6/14/2005  3:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Killa4luv:

there's definatly some value around the league for him. Now to be fair its probably more to a contending team, but maybe with pick 30 included its more tempting. That way they could select a guard.

There's not much in terms of FA bigs. You have Stro who's a total enigma. I love his game but he's NOT a stabilizing pressence. They already had Rahim and he was part of the playoff guarentee that went ugly.

Maybe something like Malik or KT + 30 for Josh and pick 59
Ohh then we'd have 54 and 59 and we could package those to move up to 40!
fishmike
USA
6/14/2005  3:08 PM
those dont have to be wasted picks. Hell... Ginobili was picked there. You do your homework and go international, even if they stay over for a couple years.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/14/2005  3:10 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

We like guys like Josh cuz we place a higher value on other teams players no matter who they are. Change is better than substantial improvement any day. every day!

Then we can wallow in our own misery and suggest trades to get him OUT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/14/2005  3:18 PM
I've thought about the insane trade proposals we'd put together for Ariza if he'd gotten picked by Atlanta and had the opportunity to start for the whole season...
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/14/2005  3:26 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I've thought about the insane trade proposals we'd put together for Ariza if he'd gotten picked by Atlanta and had the opportunity to start for the whole season...

Reezy IS better than Josh Smith!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/14/2005  3:29 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by crzymdups:

Reezy IS better than Josh Smith!

yeah, I have to agree that if he started for a whole season, he would have put up some insane numbers. Josh is a better shotblocker, but Ariza is a better defender/passer/playmaker/rebounder. I love that kid.

Can you imagine how screwed this team would be without him? That's one thing I'm looking forward to the draft for: in two weeks, we could have three more guys like Ariza who make watching the Knicks fun and worthwhile, win or loss, because they're exciting and they give a sliver of hope.
¿ △ ?
Josh Smith available

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy