[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

whoa---> (Gerald Green news)
Author Thread
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
6/14/2005  2:22 PM
No, the cookie thing is all wrong. This is like comparing apple sauce and orange juice. The question is, which would you rather dip your cookie into? ... Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anyway, it's true that the difference between 7 and 8 is not really enormous, but the point is that 7 is the better spot, and we lost 7th for no good reason. It's like, 20 bucks isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but wouldn't you be pissed off if you lost 20 bucks for no good reason? You have to weight the magnitude of the loss by the opportunity you had to avoid that loss in the first place.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/14/2005  2:32 PM
actually Tom... let me build on that. Its like only having 20 bucks when you could have had 22 bucks. Now lets face it... its not a big difference in terms of what you can buy, very little. But who knows... maybe there is that one great item you get on sale that goes for $21.95

It probably wont make a big difference, until a player with franchise upside slips a bit and Toronto takes them.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/14/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by fishmike:

actually Tom... let me build on that. Its like only having 20 bucks when you could have had 22 bucks. Now lets face it... its not a big difference in terms of what you can buy, very little. But who knows... maybe there is that one great item you get on sale that goes for $21.95

It probably wont make a big difference, until a player with franchise upside slips a bit and Toronto takes them.

Bottom line, they limited their draft options just a TINY bit, for no reason. I'll never forget the last day of the season, at home versus the Wizards. The Wiz had a healthy lead with their starters, then didn't play ANY starters for the entire 4th quarter and most of the 3rd (despite the fact that they could've snagged the 4 seed with a W), and there were the Knicks running out everybody. We made a furious comeback in the last 4 minutes led by Craw and Sweetney and the crowd went NUTS. It was seriously the loudest I had heard the Garden at any point in the season. I was pulling my hair out, knowing we'd just knocked our draft chances down - but you what? That win appeased the season ticket holders who were going nuts, so maybe that was the point of Herb playing the starters all through April. The short-sighted leadership of this franchise is incredible.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/14/2005  2:46 PM
Posted by fishmike:

lol you guys are funny. Who needs options? Sometimes there are 5 good players yoy like. Othertimes there are 7. Saying it doesnt matter is stupid.

Lets say there are 6 cookies and 6 kids. You pick 5th. Sure.. no matter what happens there will still be 2 cookies to choose from and after all a cookie *is* a cookie.

Too bad after choc chip, Oreo, Vanilla Wafer and NutterButter are taken your left with crumpets and low-fat oatmeal. Hey... a cookie is a cookie right?

yea, good point but there are always one or two suckers who will take the crumpets or low fat oatmeal, leaving you with the choc chip and even the oreo......
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/14/2005  2:48 PM
man, can you imagine if we get that Oreo at eight?
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/14/2005  3:01 PM
You guys are killing me with this analogy.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
6/14/2005  3:05 PM
Our choices just went from:

To:

GASP!!!

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
6/14/2005  6:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

lol you guys are funny. Who needs options? Sometimes there are 5 good players yoy like. Othertimes there are 7. Saying it doesnt matter is stupid.

Lets say there are 6 cookies and 6 kids. You pick 5th. Sure.. no matter what happens there will still be 2 cookies to choose from and after all a cookie *is* a cookie.

Too bad after choc chip, Oreo, Vanilla Wafer and NutterButter are taken your left with crumpets and low-fat oatmeal. Hey... a cookie is a cookie right?

Great post!

Knowing Knicks management, though, we'll take the most undersized cookie in the jar when there are bigger ones that are just as tasty.

In an somewhat related note, I have no idea what dildotron is saying.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/14/2005  6:39 PM
gerald greene is falling like a rock along with ray felton
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/14/2005  8:19 PM
Posted by eViL:

Our choices just went from:

To:

GASP!!!

LOL!!!!!! But I think you got that wrong. That last picture is from the results of Isiah trading our pick: we trade the cookie we could've enjoyed, even a low fat oatmeal which isn't bad, and we take back an old cookie already eaten and used.
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/14/2005  8:21 PM
hahaha great analogy!
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/15/2005  12:39 AM
I think when you have basically been handed a lottery position that these kind of situations will arise. Green is a kid, i don't understand what anyone expects from the guy then to be honest and fair-we don't know the entire story-only what we have been told. (no disrespect).

Eli Manning and John Elway openly stated where they would and wouldn't play. Noone got killed that i remember.

He'll still go top 5. Watch
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/15/2005  12:43 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

I think when you have basically been handed a lottery position that these kind of situations will arise. Green is a kid, i don't understand what anyone expects from the guy then to be honest and fair-we don't know the entire story-only what we have been told. (no disrespect).

Eli Manning and John Elway openly stated where they would and wouldn't play. Noone got killed that i remember.

He'll still go top 5. Watch

I hope he goes Top8 and to the Knicks but I think your right Pimpin
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
tapseer
Member: #698
6/15/2005  1:33 AM
Posted by diderotn:

What's the deal with those young HS players today??? here is a dude who has yet to prove anything in his basketball career, but still has the nerves to be demanding ****...Is this what the NBA is down to now???? Teams around the league needs to start setting examples to those wet behind the ears youngins....Don't draft him in the first round, let him go to the second round....

You hit it right on the head.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/15/2005  8:59 AM
Forget Gerald Green, I want cookies!!! Mmmm....COOKIES!!!
C is for cookies, that's good enough for me!!!!
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/15/2005  9:39 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

I think when you have basically been handed a lottery position that these kind of situations will arise.
Exactly. If he were projected as a first round bubble because he hasn't played against any college or NBA talent, he would have incentive to workout against SOMEBODY! He is projected as a top 5 and a bad workout could definitely jeopardize that. Its really the smart thing to do. If you get outplayed in a workout and can't get your shot off, or can't get anything off, you could fall almost out of the first round. if millions are on the line and you are not yet amillionaire, you play it safe and thats what hes doing.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/15/2005  10:03 AM
I would imagine that Green has privately gone against some other players from college- perhaps his agent (he does have one?) did this just to see where he stands- and perhaps the results were not good?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/15/2005  10:07 AM
thats his agent talking... they have all seen Green play in the McD game as well as his workouts and scrimmages there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
whoa---> (Gerald Green news)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy