[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

in your opinion, which knick(s) is untouchable?
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/14/2005  7:07 AM
damn fans......Can we develop our own???? get rid of the heavy weight (Kurt, TT, Penny, Malik, and perhaps Sweet) and rebuild from there.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Redsoxrule
Member: #897
6/14/2005  8:17 AM
dido
I'm not clear on this....
do you think that we should get rid of kurt thomas?
rsr
We will NEVER win with Marbury as our cameo guy.
diderotn
USA
6/14/2005  8:21 AM
Dude! how long have you been a member???? Everyone here knows that I want Kurt out of town as soon as yesterday...Get rid of him for a bag of rice

Posted by Redsoxrule:

dido
I'm not clear on this....
do you think that we should get rid of kurt thomas?
rsr
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/14/2005  10:24 AM
when you have a losing team that can't seem to grasp the concept of defense winning championships then i ponder the question of how any of these bums can be untouchable?
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/14/2005  10:44 AM
No one's untouchable, but Marbury, Ariza, and Butler are players that I have difficulty imagining being traded because I don't think you'll get equal value back.
Panos
Member: #520
6/14/2005  11:03 AM
Why the hell is Butler's name even mentioned in this thread?
What the hell has he done to be a keeper? He's our 12th man,
and has played *6* whole minutes, for god's sake!

As for KT, I still don't get all the flak he gets. He's been
one consistent guy who doesn't make a gazillion dollars,
not a prima donna, and someone we've depended on. If we can
upgrade, by all means, but why all the hate? Its not like
he's a consistent underperformer, crybaby, big mouth, like TT.

[Edited by - panos on 06/14/2005 11:05:32]
Bonn1997
USA
6/14/2005  11:08 AM
Posted by Panos:

Why the hell is Butler's name even mentioned in this thread?
What the hell has he done to be a keeper? He's our 12th man,
and has played *6* whole minutes, for god's sake!

As for KT, I still don't get all the flak he gets. He's been
one consistent guy who doesn't make a gazillion dollars,
not a prima donna, and someone we've depended on. If we can
upgrade, by all means, but why all the hate? Its not like
he's a consistent underperformer, crybaby, big mouth, like TT.
I mentioned Butler because a player that I think we wouldn't get equal value for. Based on his build and how he dominated the CBA at age 19, I think he could become a nice role player at least in this league. However, I don't think we'll get a nice role player in return for him in a trade. I don't think any team would even give up a 2nd round draft pick for him. They would have just signed him for the league min a few months ago and kept their 2nd rd pick instead. That's why he's one of the guys who I included. It's simply a matter of whether there are any circumstances I can imagine where we could get equal or decent value in return.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/14/2005 11:08:54]
Panos
Member: #520
6/14/2005  11:32 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I mentioned Butler because a player that I think we wouldn't get equal value for. Based on his build and how he dominated the CBA at age 19, I think he could become a nice role player at least in this league. However, I don't think we'll get a nice role player in return for him in a trade. I don't think any team would even give up a 2nd round draft pick for him. They would have just signed him for the league min a few months ago and kept their 2nd rd pick instead. That's why he's one of the guys who I included. It's simply a matter of whether there are any circumstances I can imagine where we could get equal or decent value in return.

Why is it we think we know more about players in the NBA than
other team's GMs out there? Don't you think they have the same
info you have?
diderotn
USA
6/14/2005  11:37 AM
Why even suggesting a trade of JB while the young cat has yet to play 10 or 15 minutes as a Knick??? I don't know but this young kid may outperform all of PFs next season, especially if the competition is fair. For one he is as big as Sweetney and taller; second, according to the scouting reports, he is a much better scorer than all of our PFs. If this young kid can come into camp and is more demanding in the post than Sweet and others, watchout..especially if we can draft a young cat like Frye or Bynum to be a full time center...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/14/2005  12:49 PM
If butler can contribute, and We can parlay sweets and an ending contract into somthing you do it.

then we are actually farming here and developing.

I have said Mo. T makes sweets expendable.
Bonn1997
USA
6/14/2005  1:11 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Why is it we think we know more about players in the NBA than
other team's GMs out there? Don't you think they have the same
info you have?
They have less info on our team than on their teams. Just like we have more on our team than other teams. For me, there are certain Knicks that I think other teams value less than I value, but there are ALSO certain Knicks I value less than other teams might. For example, I think certain teams would give up a mid to late 1st rd pick to get Kurt Thomas, even though I would never give up a 1st rd pick to get him.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/14/2005  1:40 PM
the #8 pick...everyone else is fair game as far as i'm concerned, as long as it improves the team...i'll trade the #8 too if it means getting ourselves a proven young star player to build this team around.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
6/14/2005  1:55 PM
The owner and most of the fans here in N.Y appear to think alike...they are both irrational....too impatient to hang around and try to get better, always quick to trade for b.s talents that are undesirable by other teams to try to take us to the promise land...Isiah has a dream, and just like Detroit, he will take us there, we just have to be patient enough to allow that dream to come a reality...

Draft well and trade for good player with character...
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/14/2005  2:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:

If butler can contribute, and We can parlay sweets and an ending contract into somthing you do it.

In the end, it is very possible that Mo. T is a better player than Sweetney. So I can't understand why Mo. T must go but Sweetney is untouchable. If anything I would trade Sweetney before I trade anybody, this guy is scary. He has serious weight issues now at his young age. He doesn't seem that he wants to get into proper shape either, so his stamina issues continues. Briggs may be right, Sweet is no more than a hype up six man who won't be able to score against guys who outweight him or taller than him like the Wallace boys, or the Dwight Howards of the world.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/14/2005  2:45 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Nalod:

In the end, it is very possible that Mo. T is a better player than Sweetney. So I can't understand why Mo. T must go but Sweetney is untouchable. If anything I would trade Sweetney before I trade anybody, this guy is scary. He has serious weight issues now at his young age. He doesn't seem that he wants to get into proper shape either, so his stamina issues continues. Briggs may be right, Sweet is no more than a hype up six man who won't be able to score against guys who outweight him or taller than him like the Wallace boys, or the Dwight Howards of the world.
As of right now Id say Maurice is better than him by alot. Mo has a jumper and post moves, sweets has rebounds and putbacks. Mo is way more developed on offense and they both suck on defense and defending the pick and roll. If we could get a nice young piece for sweets, it would have to be done.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/14/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Nalod:

++

Phar, if what you say is true, his trade value is very small. I think he will be solid, but in my scenario, I get a center (FRYE?), Play KT at power forward, MO T is my backup. I am not sure what we get in return for Sweets and perhaps and ending contract.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/14/2005  3:32 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Nalod:

Age.. Mo T is what he is. You really think he's going to show up one fall slim and commited to working on his rebounding?

Sweetney is still a baby. He will be 22 at the start of the season. He's still adjusting and we know he's got a strong work ethic. Will he change his body? Will his skills improve? Time will tell but YES is a possible answer. Can you say the same about Mo T?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OldFan
Member: #446
6/14/2005  4:51 PM
No untouchables
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
6/14/2005  5:04 PM
Posted by OldFan:

No untouchables

Coincidentally, this is also the slogan at the Neverland Ranch.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/14/2005  5:17 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by OldFan:

No untouchables

Coincidentally, this is also the slogan at the Neverland Ranch.

LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
in your opinion, which knick(s) is untouchable?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy