[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mocktastic - Chad's second mock draft...
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2005  2:52 PM
Charlie V measured pretty well 6-9 in bare feet, which means 6-10 240, excellent size for a PF

ray felton=small in height smaller than chris paul

marvin williams only 6-7 in bare feet but a 7-3 1/2 WS

martell webster a legit 6-7+ in shoes 230 pounds with a 7 foot WS Green only 190 pounds

Chris taft 6-9 261
wayne simien only 6-7 1/4 in bare feet so well give him 6-8 1/2 tops 255 not bad because of his hops

Branden rush nice size legit 6-6+ 212 with a 7 f WS

Rashad mCcants bigger than advertised in height 6-4 in sneaks 201 with long arms
channing frye-kind of where i expected not bad, but i knew he wasnt 260 i knewhe was in the low 230s amnd they jacked him up to 243, when he comes down you are talking 235 I think he really is a 4 man. I mean he is a full 1.5 inches smaller than Bogut in bare feet

martynas--what kind of BS is that-I heard he had a 7-7 wingspan, even the article from yesterday said he had long arms, i think that must be wrong 71 1/4 in bare feet --your wingspan usually=your height or is longer

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
6/13/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Charlie V measured pretty well 6-9 in bare feet, which means 6-10 240, excellent size for a PF

martell webster a legit 6-7+ in shoes 230 pounds with a 7 foot WS Green only 190 pounds

Chris taft 6-9 261
wayne simien only 6-7 1/4 in bare feet so well give him 6-8 1/2 tops 255 not bad because of his hops

Rashad mCcants bigger than advertised in height 6-4 in sneaks 201 with long arms
channing frye-kind of where i expected not bad, but i knew he wasnt 260 i knewhe was in the low 230s amnd they jacked him up to 243, when he comes down you are talking 235 I think he really is a 4 man. I mean he is a full 1.5 inches smaller than Bogut in bare feet

martynas--what kind of BS is that-I heard he had a 7-7 wingspan, even the article from yesterday said he had long arms, i think that must be wrong 71 1/4 in bare feet --your wingspan usually=your height or is longer

Martynas has really long arms... it's reflected in standing reach. Your shoulders are added into wingspan, so it's not an accurate measure of how long your arms are. Standing reach is.

Frye had the same standing reach as Bogut.

Martynas has a 9'3 1/2 standing reach.

Simien is 6'9 with shoes.

Frye is 6'10 1/2 with shoes. Bogut is 7'1. What's your point? We don't have a shot at Bogut.. so there is no point.

Villanueva is 6'9 1/2 with shoes.. smaller than advertised.

I don't know where you get your info from.. but to change data to support arguments is weak.

[Edited by - rain on 06/13/2005 15:08:48]

[Edited by - rain on 06/13/2005 15:09:16]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/13/2005  3:23 PM
Posted by rain:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Chris taft 6-9 261

Martynas has really long arms... it's reflected in standing reach. Your shoulders are added into wingspan, so it's not an accurate measure of how long your arms are. Standing reach is.

Frye had the same standing reach as Bogut.

Martynas has a 9'3 1/2 standing reach.

Simien is 6'9 with shoes.

Frye is 6'10 1/2 with shoes. Bogut is 7'1. What's your point? We don't have a shot at Bogut.. so there is no point.

Villanueva is 6'9 1/2 with shoes.. smaller than advertised.

I don't know where you get your info from.. but to change data to support arguments is weak.

its all right here

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1001

for example charlie V is 6-9 in bare feet and wayne simien is 6-7 1/4 in bare feet--so what ever way you want to dice it, charlie is almost 2 inches bigger. I take bare feet and add 1- 1 1/4 inch max for sneaks. I dont but these sneaks that jack you up nearly 2 inches. if that the case, charlie wearing simien sneakers is 6-10 3/4-
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/13/2005  3:48 PM
Wow; Warrick's the same height as Sweetney but has a longer wingspan than Sweetney

Sean May is the same height, same wingspan as Sweetney
rain
USA
6/13/2005  4:24 PM
I've thought about that... it might have something to do with arch... and arch support.. either way were talking about a half an inch.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/13/2005  4:29 PM
look for them to fill another need and grab Green, a player many feel has the upside of Tracy McGrady.

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this but this cat Green sounds an awful lot like what was said of Quintel Woods who was also called the "next T-Mac." Woods was highly hyped before the draft but then fell off on draft day, and now is what...out of the NBA?

However, Amare Stoudemire was also hyped by these online draft sites(Amare was the #2 or 3 pick on nbadraft.net's last mock draft, I believe) and look at what he has become.

Not to take away from potential or overhype anyone's potential, but it is what it is.

POTENTIAL

Some live up to it, some surpass it, some disappoint.

I was caught up in the Bynum hype as well, and am still hoping we can land him but the draft is really as much about luck as it is science or art. We all know there is no guarantee that any player will contribute. However, building through the draft has been key to many teams and our neglect of it has led to the Knicks' ineptitude as a franchise.

In the case of the Knicks they NEED a series of drafts that do not disappoint. The verdict is still out on Sweetney and Ariza, althought they have shown signs. Everyone was all high on Lavar Postell too (begging the coaches to give him some burn) and look at him now.

Had we have drafted Nene and kept Camby can we honestly say, for sure, that would we be as happy as if we are with Marbury? Maybe we were going to draft Wilcox, but he hasn't broken through either. It's difficult to say because we certainly haven't been good with Marbury either.

Regardless, the argument must be that we have to keep draft picks with the hopes that eventually we will break through at some point.

[Edited by - PresIke on 06/13/2005 16:29:52]
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
tapseer
Member: #698
6/13/2005  4:34 PM
Great Post. That's it in a nutshell.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  5:15 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by MS:

No way i would ever trade for Jalen we don't need to add salary and another Penny personality, not sold on Frye either, and no way Brynum falls that far.....i like granger more

But if he does and we can get him, it would be tremendous possibly franchise altering if we could just let him develop with our coaching staff......

Now if their was a way to get right up their in the second round and have a chance to get Blacte two, and if washington would take kurt for Kwame which makes them a better team, we are in business

Marbury/Crawford
Houston/Arize
Granger/T. Thomas
Sweetney/JYD/Blacte
Rose/Brown/Brynum

When those contracts come off the books TT and Penny we have a really bright future

Im with you, I dont know how the Knicks would pass on Granger for Frye, I dont know how they would pass on Graham for Frye. Unless Frye has gone through a metamorphsis physically--if somehow this is true that he is 260 and can retain the weight, i really have no clue because i have nothing to go by? Is Channing Frye just as big as Tim Duncan? I mean no! atleast he wasnt evn close three moths ago!

also, i agree on bynum--the only thing i know that is concrete is that he was having very secretive workouts for the hawks, blazers knicks, hornets memphis and 1 other unnamed lottery team--i have heard sht since then

thats why its just specualtion on where some of these guys will go--now ernie g says martynas top 15 when everyone had him pulling out, koralev 12-5 pick, staying in the draft C J miles about to pull out and stops on a dime to stay in?

its very hard at this point to know what is up with the unkown commodities in the draft. Like I said with Bynum he could be in a range from 5 to Uconn--so anyone can make a guess

I'm with you too MS! if we can somehow come out of this with Grange who at the moment i have slightly over Wright because of his tremendous defense and shotblocking skills as long as we play him at SG and don't screw Ariza over at SF and move up and take Bynum or barring a Lampe like miracle he falls to 30. We would be a very good team very quickly after trading for Illgaukus!
rain
USA
6/13/2005  5:28 PM
Supposedly, according to Andy Katz, the knicks have not decided on who to take.. it's likely between Frye and Granger.. I've heard from other sources Wright is in the mix.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/13/2005  5:28 PM
Was Lampe a miracle? Weren't there some quality players chosen after him at 30 in the 2003 NBA Draft?

Let's see...

Luke Walton has been servicable (32)... Steve Blake (38) has warranted some playing time.

These guys were taken after Vranes (if we want size, we can re-sign the guy):
Willie Green was (41) a key reserve/borderline starter in Philly this past season, Bogans (43) is a starter (albeit on an expansion team) and looks like a solid role player; Kyle Korver essentially displaced Glenn Robinson and (51) led the NBA in 3s.

It's funny... looking back at the first round, after Sweetney (at #8)... the only player I'd want on my team is Josh Howard (#29). Ridnour (14) is the only other 1st rounder who managed turn into starting material.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
USA
6/13/2005  5:30 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Was Lampe a miracle? Weren't there some quality players chosen after him at 30 in the 2003 NBA Draft?

Let's see...

Luke Walton has been servicable (32)... Steve Blake (38) has warranted some playing time.

These guys were taken after Vranes (if we want size, we can re-sign the guy):
Willie Green was (41) a key reserve/borderline starter in Philly this past season, Bogans (43) is a starter (albeit on an expansion team) and looks like a solid role player; Kyle Korver essentially displaced Glenn Robinson and (51) led the NBA in 3s.

It's funny... looking back at the first round, after Sweetney (at #8)... the only player I'd want on my team is Josh Howard (#29). Ridnour (14) is the only other 1st rounder who managed turn into starting material.

at the time he was. We all were hoping Lampe dropped to 8 and when our pick came up and we took Sweetney we were like WTF!!! lol since Lampe was suppose to go 5th.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/13/2005  8:06 PM
The bizarre thing about this all is that some players take YEARS AND YEARS to blossom, while some flash early on and fizzle later.

Part of the problem is the fickle-ness of fans and the sports media.

For instance, many were all high on Carmelo Anthony and down on Darko, bashing the Pistons for taking Darko. Anthony then came out like a bandit his first season becoming a highly popular player. Then came the Summer Olympics and he has fallen off, big time. He's good, and MAYBE will be great, he's taken a lot of hits in the press, and with the Nuggets up and down/disappointing season so went his rep.

Now, with Darko, many are still down on the kid, but he hasn't even turned 20 years old yet. I've said this before but Jemaine O'Neal sat on the bench for 5 years at Portland, out of high school, before he got a shot...and he had to then be traded too. No one said jack about him being a bust. The pressure is now on these VERY YOUNG players to perform, especially when we have the likes of Garnett, McGrady, Amare, Kobe, Lebron.

The reality is that not all players blossom that fast. Some are more mature than others, but even mature ones can take their lumps. They're teenagers, and most teenagers are not ready.

Kwame Brown may turn into a star too...we really just don't know.

But taking risks on inexpensive YOUNG players (like Kwame) is a far better way of thinking than our teams' former approach. Our team needs talent and talent with value to the league, in case of a trade. Trades have been bad for us because we have always had to deal from a bad hand. Improve the hand and watch out clubs' fortunes' turn.

[Edited by - PresIke on 06/13/2005 20:25:01]
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
rain
USA
6/13/2005  8:17 PM
It seems like the second rounders that are drafted as role players do well.
gunsnewing
USA
6/13/2005  8:23 PM
Posted by PresIke:

look for them to fill another need and grab Green, a player many feel has the upside of Tracy McGrady.

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this but this cat Green sounds an awful lot like what was said of Quintel Woods who was also called the "next T-Mac." Woods was highly hyped before the draft but then fell off on draft day, and now is what...out of the NBA?

However, Amare Stoudemire was also hyped by these online draft sites(Amare was the #2 or 3 pick on nbadraft.net's last mock draft, I believe) and look at what he has become.

Not to take away from potential or overhype anyone's potential, but it is what it is.

POTENTIAL

Some live up to it, some surpass it, some disappoint.

I was caught up in the Bynum hype as well, and am still hoping we can land him but the draft is really as much about luck as it is science or art. We all know there is no guarantee that any player will contribute. However, building through the draft has been key to many teams and our neglect of it has led to the Knicks' ineptitude as a franchise.

In the case of the Knicks they NEED a series of drafts that do not disappoint. The verdict is still out on Sweetney and Ariza, althought they have shown signs. Everyone was all high on Lavar Postell too (begging the coaches to give him some burn) and look at him now.

Had we have drafted Nene and kept Camby can we honestly say, for sure, that would we be as happy as if we are with Marbury? Maybe we were going to draft Wilcox, but he hasn't broken through either. It's difficult to say because we certainly haven't been good with Marbury either.

Regardless, the argument must be that we have to keep draft picks with the hopes that eventually we will break through at some point.

[Edited by - PresIke on 06/13/2005 16:29:52]

yep great post indeed!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/14/2005  12:48 AM
It's quite noble that you're defending Darko... but it's time for you to see the light:

The next 3 picks have had great production from DAY 1, and are approaching all-star status (Carmelo/Bosh) or are already all-NBA level (Wade). Both Carmelo and Bosh came out after their freshman seasons (18 or 19-ish when they were drafted).

I don't care if Milicic turns into the next Nowitzki in 3 years... right now he's not even as productive as Skita (another huge bust!)! When they put him on the floor, he's as lost as Lampe is.

Detroit can spit it off in so many ways... but the fact is they messed up big time.

The saving grace of all of this is that Tayshaun Prince has been able to develop into the next Pippen through all of this--- perhaps this wouldn't have happened w/ Carmelo or Bosh on the team.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Mocktastic - Chad's second mock draft...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy