[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wait a minute
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/13/2005  10:42 AM
I voice my opinion on IT and his tatics and the way he goes about business, and it's a stupid thread. Lets be a be honest here about IT, the team is no better then when layden was here. we made the playoffs for what last season.

There's a few things you can tell right off hand in this league.
And i'll put my house on the line and bet we will not win any titles with IT at the helm. We may get a solid ( maybe even a super star) out of the draft, but unless IT stops screwing around and get is ass on the side lines were not going anywhere, and he's bound to be fired by the end of next season.

Take a hard look at IT's accomplishments since he stop playing. they start out pretty good and end up being a disaster.

1) He brought in some solid players while running the rapts, yet they were young( giving him the benfit) and had the worst chemistry in the league ( with a shoot first no d playing pg).

2) drafting Tracey was brilliant as far as talant wise, but again, how do you draft some one who plays almost Identical to your super star player..

3) started of great with the cba ownership, only to see it go bnkrpt in a year following is arrival.

4) turned the pacers young squad into one of the best young teams in the league, but repeated failures in the post season (especially after making so much progress in the reg season) resulted in his departure.

5) brings in marbury ( which the damn deal had been sitting on the table prior to his arrival) then follows that with the aquistion of a player who plays almost identical to your ( sounds familiar) star player. And don't say allan was the reason for crawford, because allan is not a career 39% shooter.

I'm still baffled about the Dice trade, about the Nazy trade, about the KVH trade, about the lenny wilkens hire, about him not taking over after firing lenny, about the Herb williams vote of confidence, about the disruption of the assistant coaches who you put to work with your head coach, the advise you give your star pg.

Come on, there's a lot of questions that have gone un answered, and leaves people scratching there heads. And because I start a thread that basically asks where are the international players, because none seemed to be on the radar, its a stupid thread.
ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2005  10:51 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

I voice my opinion on IT and his tatics and the way he goes about business, and it's a stupid thread. Lets be a be honest here about IT, the team is no better then when layden was here. we made the playoffs for what last season.

There's a few things you can tell right off hand in this league.
And i'll put my house on the line and bet we will not win any titles with IT at the helm. We may get a solid ( maybe even a super star) out of the draft, but unless IT stops screwing around and get is ass on the side lines were not going anywhere, and he's bound to be fired by the end of next season.

Take a hard look at IT's accomplishments since he stop playing. they start out pretty good and end up being a disaster.

1) He brought in some solid players while running the rapts, yet they were young( giving him the benfit) and had the worst chemistry in the league ( with a shoot first no d playing pg).

2) drafting Tracey was brilliant as far as talant wise, but again, how do you draft some one who plays almost Identical to your super star player..

3) started of great with the cba ownership, only to see it go bnkrpt in a year following is arrival.

4) turned the pacers young squad into one of the best young teams in the league, but repeated failures in the post season (especially after making so much progress in the reg season) resulted in his departure.

5) brings in marbury ( which the damn deal had been sitting on the table prior to his arrival) then follows that with the aquistion of a player who plays almost identical to your ( sounds familiar) star player. And don't say allan was the reason for crawford, because allan is not a career 39% shooter.

I'm still baffled about the Dice trade, about the Nazy trade, about the KVH trade, about the lenny wilkens hire, about him not taking over after firing lenny, about the Herb williams vote of confidence, about the disruption of the assistant coaches who you put to work with your head coach, the advise you give your star pg.

Come on, there's a lot of questions that have gone un answered, and leaves people scratching there heads. And because I start a thread that basically asks where are the international players, because none seemed to be on the radar, its a stupid thread.

We feel your pain, and just about all your points have been bought up from time to time.

This has been discussed as "starphuching", or described as "Creating a Buzz", or running it like an entertainment business. Isiah is a charasmatic GM and it helps sell tix. I have adopted the NEts and the Bobcats to satisfy my urge for a team that developes players and/or makes intellegent trades. All teams make mistakes by the way.

Isiah came here with great fanfare and was the anit-layden. Just even last week I said "Isiah takes players from bad teams whom are overpaid and underachieveing while Layden took guys that APPEARED to be rising and were overpaid. Similar result.

Its not a stupid thread by the way. Isiah is controversial by nature, and while many of us are critical of him, we root for his success.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/13/2005  10:55 AM
give the brother a chance....after this season, we can criticize him all we want...
The true Knickabocker..........
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/13/2005  11:01 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

you start a thread that critisizes a person for the job that they are supposed to do when something almost completely out of their control happens at the same time and this is a topic of discussion?

Isiah is the Pres/GM. His job is to assemble a team. The coach is supposed to coach. What more can Isiah do when a losing streak happens, and why would you cancel a scouting trip for it?

There is a lockout that is going to happen which would adversy effect the Knicks development plans during the summer, should Isiah stop his scouting to huddle with Hunter? It's a stretch hypothetical but it's along the same lines as you propose.

Make some good points instead of just ranting.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Wait a minute

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy