[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Laimbeer is back in the news
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/13/2005  10:07 AM
Hey! Isiah needs to stop b.sing, make a freaking decision for God's sake...If you are going to go with Herb, stop making him wait, give him a freaking offer...If you are going to go with Phil, go after him strongly...stop playing the waiting game, because franckly I believe that it is a disrespect...If the guy really wants to coach in N.Y, he will show a strong desire to come to us....As for now, we know that there are a few coaches around who dearly want the job...I am much more inclined to go with Laimbeer, but between P.J, Laimbeer, and Herb, I would take the first two, mainly because I want a fresh approach...Herb has been with us for too long, so he needs to go elsewhere to further his development as a coach...

Laimbeer has has a second interview, and I hope that Isiah is for real....If not, he better get a grip, because history is very funny...Now he is the GM, tomorrow he may be a coaching candidate for a team....what goes around comes around.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  10:12 AM
I believe the Knicks organization is doing everything they can to get Phil. Question is will Phil take on this monumental challenge at the risk of ruining his legacy?

I think this team would really help our chances of landing Phil:

C-Illgaukus/Bynum or Diogu, Morris,Turiaf,Petro,Akindale,Martynas,Pops
PF-Kurt, Sweetney, Butler, Taylor, Rose, JYD
SF-TT/Ariza
SG-Wright/Crawford
PG-Marbury/Jay Williams or Crawford
diderotn
USA
6/13/2005  10:17 AM
I really don't want Phill, I want Larry Brown
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/13/2005  10:21 AM
why should Isiah commit to Herb when he still has choices that he's waiting on to see what their final decisions will be? Herb isn't going anywhere, the NBA will likely have a lockout in the offseason, & Isiah is still focused on scouting players for the draft...i want him focusing on that right now, especially while Nate McMillan & Phil Jackson are still technically remote possibilities...there's no reason at all to commit to Herb Williams right now...he should be the last resort.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/13/2005  10:23 AM
I'm fine with Isiah taking his time. Larry and Phil are the best options, both guys have nagging desires to come here, why not wait them out? I think it's fine. He may also be waiting on PJ Carlesimo.

But, seriously, I'd rather wait on this and worst case scenario we have Herb back, then make a rash decision and hire Laimbeer now and then have Larry Brown or Phil decide he wants to be here in July.
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Hey! Isiah needs to stop b.sing, make a freaking decision for God's sake...If you are going to go with Herb, stop making him wait, give him a freaking offer...If you are going to go with Phil, go after him strongly...stop playing the waiting game, because franckly I believe that it is a disrespect...If the guy really wants to coach in N.Y, he will show a strong desire to come to us....As for now, we know that there are a few coaches around who dearly want the job...I am much more inclined to go with Laimbeer, but between P.J, Laimbeer, and Herb, I would take the first two, mainly because I want a fresh approach...Herb has been with us for too long, so he needs to go elsewhere to further his development as a coach...

Laimbeer has has a second interview, and I hope that Isiah is for real....If not, he better get a grip, because history is very funny...Now he is the GM, tomorrow he may be a coaching candidate for a team....what goes around comes around.

Patience my friend, why not wait? If we are locking out on July 1st, why hire now? Because you can't wait? Not good enough reason.
diderotn
USA
6/13/2005  10:34 AM
I am going to go on the records and say this, there will not be a lockout....there is way too much money out there for those ignants not to find a way to eat....Look, Hockey and the NBA can't be in the same situation...Congress would have stepped in and quickly resolve this issue...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2005  10:59 AM
If teams are losing money, then its pointless.

The NBA union is too strong and the owners need to grab some control.

The salary cap does work, look at us. We suck and have bad numbers.

If the Owners were smart they would draft more complete players with skill sets, but the winning teams, those with lower draft positions would gamble and cultivate the younger players and thus dominate forever! Then they trade the star players at age 30 for more prospects and draft picks! See the Montreal Canadians process thru the 1960's and 1970's. Canadians used to trade established players to expansion teams needed to make a splash (starphuching)to boost attendence. They used to get prospects and draft picks (high ones) in return.

The famous Islander team keep their picks and drafted well. They were in the playoffs after only 4 years in the league (not easy back then by the way with no free agents!) and then won straight staney cups! They were brilliant!
diderotn
USA
6/13/2005  11:03 AM
One thing is for sure, there will be an age limit by next season....The president of the player's association is an idiot...He needs to get a grip...
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/13/2005  12:05 PM
also, contracts will be capped at 4-5 years.
all kool aid all the time.
Laimbeer is back in the news

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy