Go big!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  9:50 AM
Posted by diderotn:

That is B.S. We shouldn't rely on one player to take us above .500...draft a couple of centers to solidify our frontcourt because that is our achilles hill. Enough with the Guards or wing players, because they can easily be obtained...

exactly you do that later in the draft with guys like Petro, Akindale, Morris, Turiaf, Diogu, Pops, Eric Williams. Not draft a 10 & 8/12 & 8 at best Center with the 8th overall pick. In the meantime balancing out the roster with an allstar wing player! and a dynamic bench consisting of scoring with Crawford, energy with Ariza and big bodies rotating in and out.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/13/2005  9:53 AM
Guns! you are confusing me....what is your real position? do you want to draft a wing player with the 8th pick???
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  10:03 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Guns! you are confusing me....what is your real position? do you want to draft a wing player with the 8th pick???

lol I thought I already made it clear that i'm hoping Bynum WOWs Isiah because he could be the one Center worth drafting as high as 8 because of his upside. Again only if Isiah sees his upside and thinks he'll beoome an 18/10/3 top Center one day.

If Isiah is not that impressed and thinks he will be more of a Haywood, Jerome James type sericeable bigman, which i doubt since he was well underway to UCONN, the nations top college program...then draft the best player available since we can really use a star calibur wing player and draft big bodies later on in the draft.

Best case scenario draft Wright at 8 and trade KT and/or Sweetney & 30 and move up and draft Bynum or Blatche. I'd be shocked if Dolan has that kind of vision but maybe Isiah can convince him. At worst wind up with Wright & Petro, Akindale, Morris, Turiaf, Diogu, Pops or Eric Williams
tapseer
Member: #698
6/13/2005  10:43 AM
Who is the star wing players? They have a higher upside than any of the bigs? You see, that's the problem. I've read many scouting reports saying that Bynum has as much or more potential than any body. It has been written that if Taft played with any type of enthusiasim he would have been a top 3 pick if not #1. Easy! New reports have been saying Frye is coming on strong in workouts impressing more than a couple of people. Johan Petro is begining to shooot up the draft because of his size and athleticism. So, my question to you is how I go smaller where I have people and not go bigger where I have no one??? I say all of these guys are better than Nazr, which some of you are still crying over. They are better than Jerome James, and definitely better than Kwame Brown. Who MOST of you want. We have no C. No one.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2005  10:43 AM
I think you take the best player regardless of postion. At the 8 we can have a star player. Maybe not contributing right away, but look at the clyde drexlers, kobes, Mcgrady's, Wades, etc, they can be gotten with good scouting.

I want a contributing big right away, but we got noting but internet chatter and draft gurus to go on. In Isiah we trust! When in doubt, draft the best player available, then see.

I sometimes wonder if the big z got nothing but garbage time (when Marbs is padding stats)would he look as good as bruno? ANd if bruno was given quality minutes, might he step up?

If playing iwth better players make you step up your game, the is the same true with BRUNO? Jackie Blue? And has anybody seen sweets?

I don't think he looked bad this year, I think he needs to stop chasing on the perimeter andpicking up stupid fouls!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/13/2005  10:53 AM
Here is the problem with the KNicks, they have yet to commit to a couple of big men to develop and become stars or busts...Until that is the case, we will always be chasing a dream that may never come true....How in the hell we are going to have guys like Jackie B or Bruno around who could have been given the minutes that Kurt has gotten, but never truly got a chance to get in the game?> That is absurde..that is an approach that we must go away from...Draft big and allow those kids to lose and win. I am sorry, young kids need to learn through real battle....It is an 82 game season, if you use 20 games as a developing mark per Centers, soon or later, someone will surface as a hungry baller....

Draft big and make a commitment to a true development...Play each one of them full starter minutes for 20 games, and the one that performs the most will win the fulltime starting job....I don't believe in developing guys through sitting on the bench and watch...
The true Knickabocker..........
tapseer
Member: #698
6/13/2005  11:01 AM
How's this for a thought. Charlotte and Toronto drafting either Bynum or Frye to run with Chris Bosch and Emeka Okafor. If those GM's pull off that, they would be so much smarter than we are. Fortifying their frontline, while we debabte which "hot, young" wing player we should draft. The Knicks, the Dwarves of the NBA, while everybody else get bigger, more athletic and stronger up front. The Knicks shall go into battle with 6'9" KT, who is as athletic as a rock, who can't create his own shot or put the ball on the floor either to post up or to dunk. 6'7"/6'8" Sweetney, who has a back to the basket game, but whose shot is almost always being prone to being tossed into the front row by a youngin with serious hops. The enigma known as TT, he's 6'10 but hardly what you would call a post player. Mo Taylor, Malik Rose, JYD. The only frontline player worth their salt is Ariza. We have no bangers, no athletic 5, and people want to continually pass the position up. Unbelieveable. I want 2 new bigs, not one. I wish IT could pull off something where we get Frye and Bynum or Bynum and Petro or Frye and Petro, I wouldn't care what combination it was.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/13/2005  3:29 PM
Posted by tapseer:

How's this for a thought. Charlotte and Toronto drafting either Bynum or Frye to run with Chris Bosch and Emeka Okafor. If those GM's pull off that, they would be so much smarter than we are. Fortifying their frontline, while we debabte which "hot, young" wing player we should draft. The Knicks, the Dwarves of the NBA, while everybody else get bigger, more athletic and stronger up front. The Knicks shall go into battle with 6'9" KT, who is as athletic as a rock, who can't create his own shot or put the ball on the floor either to post up or to dunk. 6'7"/6'8" Sweetney, who has a back to the basket game, but whose shot is almost always being prone to being tossed into the front row by a youngin with serious hops. The enigma known as TT, he's 6'10 but hardly what you would call a post player. Mo Taylor, Malik Rose, JYD. The only frontline player worth their salt is Ariza. We have no bangers, no athletic 5, and people want to continually pass the position up. Unbelieveable. I want 2 new bigs, not one. I wish IT could pull off something where we get Frye and Bynum or Bynum and Petro or Frye and Petro, I wouldn't care what combination it was.

I understand your thinking but by the Knicks taking a PF/C "banger" which Frye, Vasquez, Splitters are not, this would not solve any Knick problems. When the time comes for the Knicks to be in position to draft a good PF/C in the draft they should do it but until then you need to take the best player available and I'm sorry Channing Frye, Fran Vasquez, and Tiago Splitter are not the best players available, Danny Granger and Joey Graham are both better then them. I'd take a chance on Webster and Wright before I take a chance on Frye/Vasquez/Splitter as well. Until the Knicks are ready to become a team that is just a PF/C draft away from being good they should continue to take the best player available. If the best player avaialble was a PF/C then great, I got no problem with them drafting a big, but this year its not the case. Like I've said a million times already, the Knicks can get a PF/C with the same potential and skills at 30 that then can get a 8, I would actually rather have Randolph Morris and Bynum then Channing Frye without a doubt and as of right now both Morris and Bynum will be there at 30. Danny Granger or bust, his size will create so many matchup problems for opposing SG/SFs, why are you willing to pass that up for a PF/C that you can get 22 picks later?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Go big!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy