well... here's one thing thats a good to read
Author Thread
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
6/12/2005  9:06 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

How do either of you know what Jackie is yet? I think we've seen him play for a total of 6 minutes this season. All I can tell is that he is a 20 yearold prospect thats worth taking a shot on. We still have yet to see what areas of his game are his strengths and what his flaws are.
BRIGGS or guns, either of you watch him in the summer league with Minnesota or in the CBA? If so, can you shed some light on me?
Interview with his agent:
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/agents0501004.htm
" Ken) I represent NBA prospect Jackie Butler. Jackie is a 6'10 high school player who considered entering the draft last year out of McComb High School. Jackie was a McDonald's All-American last year. This past year he attended Coastal Christial Academy where he averaged 29 points per game under Coach Walt Webb. My best comparison is that Jackie is very similar to Chris Webber. Jackie has a 7'1 and 1/2 wingspan.

He can shoot consistently almost to three point range. He had five blocked shots in the EA Sports/Adidas All-Star Game this year. He has the best hands of any true post player in this year's draft. Jackie, I believe, is much more skilled than many of the big men routinely suggested as first rounders in this year's draft. And, we are hoping that Jackie's draft status will move from his currently projected second round slot to the first round as the evaluation process continues."
---
http://www.bobgibbons.net/NewsPub/News/Stories/2002/08/23/10301140666.html
Also ending his recruitment on Thursday was consensus Top 25 prospect Jackie Butler of McComb, Mississippi.

The 6-10, 240 lbs. C/PF opted to remain close to home and will attend Mississippi State. He selected the Bulldogs over Louisville, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Butler has loads of potential however he needs to become more consistent on the basketball court. He’s a superb athlete who rebounds well at both ends.

Previously, Jackie had mentioned that if possible he would like to go to the NBA straight out of high school. One media outlet quoted him on Thursday as saying that if possible, he still would like to go that route.

Last season Butler averaged 25 points, 17 rebounds, and 9 blocked shots per game. He joins a recruiting class that includes point guard Gary Ervin and forward Travis Outlaw, a fellow Top 25 prospect from Starkville, Mississippi.
http://allknicks.com
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/12/2005  9:11 PM
Thanks for the articles teslawlo, I'm just wondering how Butler will be able to play against NBA talents. I still can't believe he didn't get his shots after we were officially eliminated.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/12/2005  9:16 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Thanks for the articles teslawlo, I'm just wondering how Butler will be able to play against NBA talents. I still can't believe he didn't get his shots after we were officially eliminated.

typical Knicks stubborness. We need to hit the 30win mark. It looks a lot better on paper than 20. I've seen many prospects come and go. I've never seen a bigman score 10pts in the paint in 6 total minutes of action.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/12/2005  9:34 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by BRIGGS:

grat news, i thought for some reason they were throwing jackie butler to the shtter, hes a power 4 who can step over and play 5. for those of you whop want Robert morris--Jackie Butler is the same dm thing, probably better.

no briggs Morris is taller and more of a defensive stopper/shot0blocker than Jackie who might become a beast on the blocks offensively. I could live with a developing frontline of :
C-Morris 6-10/6-11 266
PF-Butler 6-9 250
PF-Sweetney 6-8 270

with Marbury, Wright, Crawford, Ariza in the wings.
pretty much have everything covered there if it all panned out

I'd like to see a frontline of:

6-10 Turiaf
6-9 Butler
7-0 Bynum (or 7-0 Petro)
7-1 Schenscher
~You can't run from who you are.~
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/13/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:

grat news, i thought for some reason they were throwing jackie butler to the shtter, hes a power 4 who can step over and play 5. for those of you whop want Robert morris--Jackie Butler is the same dm thing, probably better.
thats what I was happy about. We let Dermaar go too early and we needed guards all year. Dermaar is no star but we werent patient and he did work and play hard. JB is what? 19? 20? He's obviously got some tools (and of course size) worth investing in. This is why I wanted to see guys like JB and Ariza signed long term. What would JB say to 3 years and $2.8mm guarenteed... no? The guy made $20k last year.

This is what I dont get. We will give Vin Baker $8mm to waste space but we fart around with guys that have real potential.

I agree, we should lock these kids up, if they turn out to be at least decent players, they are young and cheap, that makes them moveable....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/13/2005  11:52 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:

thats what I was happy about. We let Dermaar go too early and we needed guards all year. Dermaar is no star but we werent patient and he did work and play hard. JB is what? 19? 20? He's obviously got some tools (and of course size) worth investing in. This is why I wanted to see guys like JB and Ariza signed long term. What would JB say to 3 years and $2.8mm guarenteed... no? The guy made $20k last year.

This is what I dont get. We will give Vin Baker $8mm to waste space but we fart around with guys that have real potential.

I agree, we should lock these kids up, if they turn out to be at least decent players, they are young and cheap, that makes them moveable....
There was only a roster spot for either Ariza or DerMarr, not both. And DerMarr had gotten severely outplayed by Ariza who is 5 years younger. They could have bought out Shandon over the offseason to make room for DerMarr. I'm not sure he's worth a roster spot, though.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/13/2005  12:13 PM
But Vin Baker, Bruno Sundov, Mo Taylor are right?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/13/2005  12:18 PM
it was bad planning. Dermaar didnt make the roster because of Shandon Anderson who never played a game. I guess now its all ok. When we get DJ Isiah was touted for getting us a free first round pick, but we will just disregard the fact that we didnt retain him AND he would have filled a need.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/13/2005  12:21 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

How do either of you know what Jackie is yet? I think we've seen him play for a total of 6 minutes this season. All I can tell is that he is a 20 yearold prospect thats worth taking a shot on. We still have yet to see what areas of his game are his strengths and what his flaws are.
BRIGGS or guns, either of you watch him in the summer league with Minnesota or in the CBA? If so, can you shed some light on me?

By the way, I count Butler as part of the MoT trade (cleared roster spots) and/or another good draft pick for isiah.

I mean, he's atleast 6-10 and is a center...we may not need to draft a center and can go with BPA.
all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

But Vin Baker, Bruno Sundov, Mo Taylor are right?
Baker was the only one on the roster and I at least accept the possibility (reported in several papers) that he was an implicit part of the Crawford deal. Sundov and Taylor were not on the roster while DerMarr was an FA and are simply irrelevant to this thread.
Bonn1997
USA
6/13/2005  12:24 PM
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by MaTT4281:

By the way, I count Butler as part of the MoT trade (cleared roster spots) and/or another good draft pick for isiah.
I'm glad to have Butler but I wouldn't coutn him as part of the Mo T trade. It would have been cheaper to simply buyout Moochie to free up the roster spot and we'd still have Vin's expiring contract this offseason. The Mo T trade was one of the decisions by Isiah that didn't (or at least does not yet) make sense to me.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/13/2005  12:29 PM
Sooo....I'm optimistic once again

Marbs, Craw
H20, Craw (or draft pick)
TT, Ariza
Kurt/Rose/MoT
Butler/JYD/

Or...
Marbs, Craw
Craw, draft pick or H20
Ariza, TT
Kurt/Rose/MoT
Butler/Frye

looks like 40 wins to me.

all kool aid all the time.
MS
Member: #724
6/13/2005  1:12 PM
Thats a huge problem butler as part of the worst trade he made, we need to get rid of the losers he brought in, we need to look into a sweetney our second rounder for wilcox and the #32 pick......that way if blacthe falls we can possibly pick him up, with brynum if he falls

We need dunkers around the basket
well... here's one thing thats a good to read

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy