[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Isiah is looking at a wing and a big....
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/10/2005  1:33 PM
I think the wing should be at #8 and the big should be #30.

The reason:
The wings at 8 project to be much better players than the bigs at 8.

Also:
The bigs available at 30, aren't much worse than the bigs available at 8. I mean we are talking about Chris Taft, Petro or Channing Frye, who are the only bigs projected at or around number 8 versus the bigs projected at or around #30 are Bynum, Blatche, Turiaf, and Morris.

I don't see a world of difference between the bigs at #8 and the bigs at #30 BUT there is a world of difference between the wings at 8 and the wings at 30, with Julius Hodge and maybe Sean Banks being the only wings I would take at 30.

AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/10/2005  1:41 PM
i agree w/ur line of thinking...i think the wing players projected at #8 have a higher upside on the whole...i don't think Bynum will be available at the #30 though...Isiah should really look into trading Penny & the #30 for Jalen Rose & TOR's #16 to give us a better shot at guys like Bynum & Warrick.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/10/2005  1:43 PM
There's a number of ways to look at it. Generally bigs go early and get reached for, and sometimes wings slip because there's an abundance of taletned ones. If Bynum is the man in these workouts, or you can get Splitter's buyout...those guys are certainly worth taking at 8. Wright, Webster, Green, also are very worthy of 8.

Is it possible Morris will be there at 30? It seems that way now, but is every team really gonna pass on a 6'11 260 19 year old player with his skills that he slips to last pick in the first roudn? I don't think so. And I don't think they'd pass on Blatche, and certainly not on Taft either, character issues not withstanding.

More realistically, you can get a Turiaf or David Lee...both who I like a lot, but both who are more backup PF/C types. At their best these guys could be like Etan Thomas, Scott Pollard etc., which is cool, but you have weigh that a bit.

The wing players you might see at 30 are Hodge (I'd love it if he slipped there), Kennedy Winston (who's not getting a lot of lover right now, but this guy can score), Rudy Fernandez (an interesting sounding Euro wing player), Rashad McCants (an excellent value at 30).

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/10/2005  1:45 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

The reason:

Also:
The bigs available at 30, aren't much worse than the bigs available at 8. I mean we are talking about Chris Taft, Petro or Channing Frye, who are the only bigs projected at or around number 8 versus the bigs projected at or around #30 are Bynum, Blatche, Turiaf, and Morris.

I don't see a world of difference between the bigs at #8 and the bigs at #30 BUT there is a world of difference between the wings at 8 and the wings at 30, with Julius Hodge and maybe Sean Banks being the only wings I would take at 30.
I would take a Greene or a Wright over any big in this lottery. I like what Frye did this year but I am not goofy about him. I had problems with Taft all year so I was worry about all these "experts" saying he was the Knicks guy but at pick 30, hell yeah, because I even know he is worth a lot more than the 30 pick in any year's draft. He has the potential to be a manchild in the NBA. With thunder Kemp dunks on people.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/10/2005  1:49 PM
Forgot to mention Brandon Rush, another wing who could be there at 30.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/10/2005  2:02 PM
the problem is all the bigs that slip will go 20-30. Its very unlikely any go as far as 30. If we could send 30, 54 and cash to Memphis for 19 I am convinced we could get one from this pool:
Taft, Bynum, Blatch, Petro, Splitter, Morris
*** Ike Diogu, Simein, Pops, Maxiel (and his 7'5 wingspan)

There's 10 guys that could be a steal at pic 19, but I wouldnt be surpised if everyone is gone by 30.

I think if you come away with 2 players... a wing player like we talked about and one of the frontcourt guys up top you have had a very good draft.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/10/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the problem is all the bigs that slip will go 20-30. Its very unlikely any go as far as 30. If we could send 30, 54 and cash to Memphis for 19 I am convinced we could get one from this pool:
Taft, Bynum, Blatch, Petro, Splitter, Morris
*** Ike Diogu, Simein, Pops, Maxiel (and his 7'5 wingspan)

There's 10 guys that could be a steal at pic 19, but I wouldnt be surpised if everyone is gone by 30.

I think if you come away with 2 players... a wing player like we talked about and one of the frontcourt guys up top you have had a very good draft.

Agreed.

I agree picking wing player first is the best way to assure ourselves of adding some blue chip talent. I still like Warrick - I feel he has the highest ceiling. But Graham, Wright and Granger are all tempting. The way the draft is looking now, Wright and Granger may be off the board at 8 though! This draft keeps evolving.

I think Morris will be there at 30, but yeah, I don't know about anyone else, moving up would be great.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/10/2005  2:17 PM
OKay so basically everyone agrees the wings at 8 are better than the bigs at 8, but folx are also tentative about waiting until #30 to pick a big, because they will likely be gone. If we could even move up to 24 we would be in a better position to get a big, maybe that should be our move.

Unless, Zeke has some lpan on Chris Taft and thats why he stunk it up. If he picks Chris Taft, I will firmly believe Isiah had made a deal with him prior to him stinking up the workouts. If we get Taft at #8, then Hodge or Banks at 30 sounds pretty good to me. If not I am pretty much sold on Joey Graham at #8.
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
6/10/2005  2:17 PM
last year, didn't david harrison go last pick in the first round? while he isn't amazing, he's serviceable, and i feel like that draft wasn't as promising at the 5 as this one. just a thought.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  7:11 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

The reason:

Also:

nice to see everyone has caught on to what I've been saying since February!

Good centers go in the top 2. The rest are either stiffs or extremely raw projects. It makes no sense to take a project or low ceiling Center at 8 when you have guys like Mcgrady, pierce, Artest, Wright, Granger, webster, Graham available!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/10/2005 19:15:26]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/10/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Killa4luv:

The reason:

Also:

Good centers go in the top 2. The rest are either stiffs or extremely raw projects. It makes no sense to take a project or low ceiling Center at 8 when you have guys like Mcgrady, pierce, Artest, Wright, Granger, webster, Graham available!

You don't want to draft Bynum at 8?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/10/2005  7:24 PM
we ALL need to be looking for a wing and a prayer...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  7:34 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Killa4luv:

The reason:

Also:

You don't want to draft Bynum at 8?

only if Isiah has brings him in for a private workout and he looks great. Skilled not raw! And Isiah projects that he will be a top 10 center in the nba. and Isiah guarantees him that he will take him at 8. If he looks raw offensively like a Brendan Haywood than we have to draft the BPA which in thise case will be one of those wing players.
If Isiah is looking at a wing and a big....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy