[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas on the draft
Author Thread
Knick2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #83
6/10/2005  11:28 AM
Sorry diderotn, doesn't look like the all the Knicks picks will be 6'10" or greater. No mention of Bynum.
Whoever gets the Knicks job will have to do a serious overhaul. The
Knicks have two picks in the first round of the draft - No. 8 and No. 30 - but this is not a great incoming class. Most likely, the Knicks will use the eighth pick to go for a wing shooter - 6-7 sophomore Antoine Wright of Texas A&M, 6-8 Gerald Green of Gulf Shore Academy in Houston and 6-7 Martell Webster of Seattle Prep are all on the radar. If that is the case, the Knicks most likely will go big with their second pick, where 6-10 senior Ronny Turiaf of Gonzaga or 6-10 freshman Randolph Morris of Kentucky should still be available.

"We need to fill both those positions out of the draft," Thomas said.

Thomas does not see the Knicks trading the No. 8 pick unless "somebody really makes my day."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/317586p-271629c.html
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/10/2005  11:32 AM
please... anything Berman writes has about the same credibility as when Dido says "I can ensure you this will be the year Marbury becomes a leader."

In fact I'm leaning towards Dido's scenarios as being more likely.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
6/10/2005  12:22 PM
Hmmm. Well, different opinions from different people I guess. I would be happy with:

Bynum (8th or mid first round if we can get mid first round)
Rudy Fernandez (30th pick)
Frye (I'm not so high on him, but think he'd be an OK pick)
Wright (maybe, maybe....I have not seen clips on him or have heard any "hype")
Warrick (30th pick)
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/10/2005  12:30 PM
As long as Isiah comes out of this draft with 2 real big men 6'10+, I will be satisfy...I just don't want anymore moves that will not improve our front line...We did enough of that last year or the many years before that...

Posted by fishmike:

please... anything Berman writes has about the same credibility as when Dido says "I can ensure you this will be the year Marbury becomes a leader."

In fact I'm leaning towards Dido's scenarios as being more likely.
The true Knickabocker..........
Isiah Thomas on the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy