Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2002  11:50 PM
What do you guys think of this?

LAC gets Spree, Thomas.
NYK gets LA first rounder (from Atlanta), Lamar, player fodder.

LA gets defense, toughness, experience, playoff experience, players already signed to contracts. Both Spree and Thomas are only signed for 3 more seasons, so tight-fisted Sterling, although forced to dish some case, is not under obligation to hand out money for too many seasons. Kandi, Brand, Magette, Spree, McInnis. Off the bench: Thomas, Richardson, Miles, Piatkowski, etc. Not too bad.

NYK get a playmaker, a hometown player, and a chance on another young stud in the draft. New York also gets a few more ping-pongs and a better shot at Ming the Merciless. If the Knicks happen to get Ming, I would draft a young PF with the other pick: Maybyner "Nene" Hilario, Nickoloz Tskitishvili, and Amare "The Nightmare" Stoudemire come immediately to mind. (For whatever reason I am over-enamored with Nightmare. If stories about his intensity and win-at-all-costs attitude are true, you just can't pass up a player like that.)

Folks talk about the fact that NY can't rebuild, but who would you rather watch either on TV or at MSG? Spree, Houston, Thomas and 50-60 games of Marcus and an early exit from the playoff picture or Ming, PF, Omor, etc?

After getting Omar and selecting 2 big men, I would start all three all year long and lose, lose, lose to get another shot at the next #1 pick: LeBron James.

Dream line-up in 2 years: Ming, PF, Odom, Houston, LeBron. Given another couple of years after that, you have a group of guys who could potentially be very exciting to watch.

Thoughts? Does this sound reasonable from the LAC side of things?

Also, I would even entertain trading Camby for a shot at one of the other big potential men in the draft (Hilario or Tskitishvili).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/1/2002  12:12 AM
The LA trade makes sense, I like Odom a lot and he and LeBron would provide two guys able to bring the ball up. Amare is a project but I think will turn out to be better then KG, he's a real good athlete. Tskitishvili sounds like Nowitzki at 2-guard, so I wouldn't trade Camby for him because with this plan we wouldn't need that. Amare, LeBron are nice building blocks. Ah, Martin, man, you crazy. If the Knicks get Ming I will apologize, and you can take me up on that, but I respectfully am going to say there is no way Stern lets that happen. The lottery's integrity would be completely lost. What about DaJuan Wagner if the Knicks got a top 3 though. Amare could play the post, Wagner being the scoring 2, and LeBron playing the part of Magic Johnson and pretty much doing everything. Put in the pot-smoking Lamar and thats a pretty solid team.
#Knickstaps
LAC-NYK switcharoo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy