[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If High Ceiling is how you think we should pick...
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/10/2005  2:55 AM
...What players do you think we should be looking at?
I'd say:
Julius Hodge
Sean Banks
Johan Petro
Charlie Villanueva
Deji Akindele
Hakim Warrik
Andray Blatche
Andrew Bynum

These are players who for the most part I would say have pretty high ceilings. Akindele is a reach but hey, the Kool-aid is good
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  3:00 AM
none of those guys other than Bynum and maybe Charlie have very high ceilings imo. Hodge, warrick, blatche and splitter will be nice nba players, perfect guys to land after the lottery
Killa4luv
USA
6/10/2005  4:43 AM
Julius Hodge could really end up being something. A 6-6 guy who can play 2 positions?! 3 once he gets his body stronger! I call that tremendous upside.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/10/2005  8:40 AM
If we can get an extra pick, all of those questions will be answered...
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/10/2005  8:54 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

none of those guys other than Bynum and maybe Charlie have very high ceilings imo. Hodge, warrick, blatche and splitter will be nice nba players, perfect guys to land after the lottery
No offense but if Bynum is being compared to Brendan Haywood then I question how "high" that ceiling is. You got to be kidding me, is that where we are now. I would expect guys like Warrick, Blatche, and Splitter to have ceilings than a Haywood. I expect Hodges to be one hell of team leader with championships.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  9:00 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by gunsnewing:

No offense but if Bynum is being compared to Brendan Haywood then I question how "high" that ceiling is. You got to be kidding me, is that where we are now. I would expect guys like Warrick, Blatche, and Splitter to have ceilings than a Haywood. I expect Hodges to be one hell of team leader with championships.

Bynum has a much higher ceiling than Haywood
Pharzeone
6/10/2005  9:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Bynum has a much higher ceiling than Haywood
Interesting can you please explain how you know his ceiling is higher than those players.
"We want your arguments...We are not convinced. We want to hear them again. We have as much time as it takes."
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/10/2005  10:00 AM
I thought the oringinal comment regarding Bynum's downside was "a more skilled Brandon Haywood" which is pretty good IMO. If thats as bad as we can do I will take him. We need some size.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/10/2005  10:10 AM
Look here crazy fans....Lebron is the only high-school player that will come into this league and have an immediate impact...Even that wasn't a shocker, because he has been playing with professional players since he was 13...His track record is very welly documented. We didn't know anything about the Bynum kid until 2 or 3 months ago, if he was that good, at 7'+ the media would have followed him around just like they did Lebron...

I am not saying that he is or not a good ball player, but he has yet to prove that he can play...
The true Knickabocker..........
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/10/2005  10:11 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

...What players do you think we should be looking at?
I'd say:
Julius Hodge
Sean Banks
Johan Petro
Charlie Villanueva
Deji Akindele
Hakim Warrik
Andray Blatche
Andrew Bynum

These are players who for the most part I would say have pretty high ceilings. Akindele is a reach but hey, the Kool-aid is good

Martell Webster too
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Pharzeone
6/10/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Look here crazy fans....Lebron is the only high-school player that will come into this league and have an immediate impact...Even that wasn't a shocker, because he has been playing with professional players since he was 13...His track record is very welly documented. We didn't know anything about the Bynum kid until 2 or 3 months ago, if he was that good, at 7'+ the media would have followed him around just like they did Lebron...

I am not saying that he is or not a good ball player, but he has yet to prove that he can play...
That's my point. I am sure Briggs did his homework on this guy but he wasn't even on anyone's radar until a month ago. You still have him in the late 1st round on most mock drafts. Josh Boone was someone who JC liked alot too but I wouldn't have taken him 3 years ago with the 8th pick. I mean with the 8th pick for a HSer he has to be KG. My question is he more developed coming out of school than Eddie Curry or has as much potential as Chandler was thought to have? Is his upside as good as Kwame Brown? Or is this kid the reason why Stern wants to put in an age limit?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/10/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by diderotn:

That's my point. I am sure Briggs did his homework on this guy but he wasn't even on anyone's radar until a month ago. You still have him in the late 1st round on most mock drafts. Josh Boone was someone who JC liked alot too but I wouldn't have taken him 3 years ago with the 8th pick. I mean with the 8th pick for a HSer he has to be KG. My question is he more developed coming out of school than Eddie Curry or has as much potential as Chandler was thought to have? Is his upside as good as Kwame Brown? Or is this kid the reason why Stern wants to put in an age limit?

no, i mentioned bynum two-3 months before the draft, is aid he had potential to turn the draft on it sears because he was not expected to enter, but i knew what he was. go look it up

when i say brendan haywood, im kind of comparing bodies, andrew will be a much better offensive player, capable of 20 a night in his prime
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
6/10/2005  11:01 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by diderotn:

no, i mentioned bynum two-3 months before the draft, is aid he had potential to turn the draft on it sears because he was not expected to enter, but i knew what he was. go look it up

when i say brendan haywood, im kind of comparing bodies, andrew will be a much better offensive player, capable of 20 a night in his prime
That is different. I keep seeing this Haywood stuff. I may have miss it but could you compare his game to someone in the NBA now, or in the past. Also what is his average weight? I can understand he had to lose weight because he was injured most of the year. Fish is right about getting guys with weight problems.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/10/2005  11:03 AM
I will give Briggs a pass. I remember over the winter before any draft talk was going on Briggs posted about him as a UConn recruit and said "dont be suprised if this is a household name in a couple years."

The last guy that Briggs gushed over like this was Amare. He's liked other guys but he was a little obsessive about Amare also. Going on that alone Bynum is a guy Zeke must do due diligence on.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
USA
6/10/2005  9:15 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I have a friend, Derek Character who was 6-3 at age 12 and was a good ball player. He has been getting hyped since he was about 13-14 years old as he grew to about 6-8. And it isn't just because he is 6-8, he is an extremely skilled big guy, he shoots well, posts well rebounds and all that. Its hard to imagine that this Bynum guy at 7 feet could be all that good and he just started getting press. The 7 feet alone is enough for many people. He could have made a quantum leap in a year, but the point that you raise here definitely makes me raise my eyebrows a little. How good is he really? We'll see in the next workouts.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/11/2005  12:02 AM
Bynum isn't just now getting press. This guy was rated Rivals no.1 center and a 5 star recruit. So this guy was really on the map. It's just that NO ONE thought he was going to be entering the NBA draft out of HS. He was committed to UConn and most thought that was the end of the story. Obviously that has changed
If High Ceiling is how you think we should pick...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy