[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

let's talk about more realistic things...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/10/2005  12:45 AM
how many minutes should ariza be getting next season?

considering tim is penciled in as a starter already, and in a contract year, he will be getting big minutes (probably for showcasing) but to me, if ariza gets less than 20-25 mins a night, i will be upset.

how about sweetney?

with the lethal weapon 5 in tow, where does sweetney fit into the equation? sadly, i think that he will get yanked at the first sign of trouble. i think he has been on a short leash his entire tenure here and i'm not sure why. he needs to go through growing pains but rarely gets that chance. let him play with the fouls...let him learn. i think if sweets gets less than 30 mins a night, it would be a waste - just like last season. it was the PERFECT opportunity to see if he could handle big time minutes but we failed to find out.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  2:54 AM
I think the opposite. I think if we hold on to Sweetney he will come into camp in much better shape. At least 20LBS lighter and he will take control of the PF position. I guarantee Mark Aguirre and team nutritionists are making getting Sweets in shape the #1 priority this offseason.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/10/2005  7:34 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think the opposite. I think if we hold on to Sweetney he will come into camp in much better shape. At least 20LBS lighter and he will take control of the PF position. I guarantee Mark Aguirre and team nutritionists are making getting Sweets in shape the #1 priority this offseason.

I thought that was the priority with him before last season, and during the whole season, even as he gained weight.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/10/2005  8:10 AM
considering tim is penciled in as a starter already, and in a contract year, he will be getting big minutes (probably for showcasing) but to me, if ariza gets less than 20-25 mins a night, i will be upset.
He got close to that *this* year. You're only asking for about 3 more mpg than this year to get into that range. If 20 mpg is okay for him in his 2nd year, you're probably quite happy with the 17 mpg he got in his rookie year, right?
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/10/2005  8:36 AM
Look, the conscensus on this board is that Sweetney should get heavy minutes next season, but realistically speaking, that won't be the case, especially when you have 9PFs on the roster...Sweet is at his best when he is not pressured...He is a very capable young man, but we have to create room for him. It is either that or trade him for a much more demanding type of guy.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  8:42 AM
the other 5 PFs won't matter when Sweetney takes full control of the PF position!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/10/2005 08:42:33]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/10/2005  11:17 AM
To me, that PF should be locked down, it is no contest but it is up to Sweetney. I seen what Sweetney can do for a quarter and a half like scoring 18 points but his stamina always becomes an issue. Look to me it not a question whether Ariza should be starting. For one reason it helps his development, second it helps TT who I believe has always been better in the 6th man role.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/10/2005  12:40 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that Isiah should instruct whoever is the coach to start our youth, but realistically speaking, the elders are too expensive to be playing backups...We need to do something with this roster, change direction of something..
The true Knickabocker..........
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/10/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
He got close to that *this* year. You're only asking for about 3 more mpg than this year to get into that range. If 20 mpg is okay for him in his 2nd year, you're probably quite happy with the 17 mpg he got in his rookie year, right?

Yes, but the last 15- 20 games or so, he wasn't leaving the bench. These last few games are what frustrated Knick fans the most b/c it was clear we were out of contention, yet they put him on the bench, b/c they thought the vets would make it all better. It's a stupid stupid organization Bonn.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/10/2005  1:53 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Yes, but the last 15- 20 games or so, he wasn't leaving the bench. These last few games are what frustrated Knick fans the most b/c it was clear we were out of contention, yet they put him on the bench, b/c they thought the vets would make it all better. It's a stupid stupid organization Bonn.
Point was put to Herb during those games and Herb said it was his call. Your issue is with the coach I assume. Can you imagine Joe Dumars telling Brown hey play Darko now, dude. Come on, play him. Grunfeld tried to tell JVG who to play, when he refused, Grunfeld wanted to fire him, he was overruled and got him fired. Grunfeld later apologized for his part in the fisaco. But that is how it works. The GM acquires the players he wants hopefully with the coach's input and the head coach plays who he wants and determines how much time they get. I wouldn't want a coach saying yes boss, I play anyone you tell me too, me just want money, you boss.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/10/2005  2:29 PM
Same thing with Paul Silas, the owners were telling him who to play and he wouldn't do it. They canned him. Their real idiots.
let's talk about more realistic things...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy