[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How far will China go to make Ming a Knick
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
4/30/2002  11:42 PM
Obviously China is thinking about NY is their first and only choice for Yao Ming. What would happen if someone else drafts him before NY. Will China make Yao Ming come back or will they force a trade. If so will it be a fair trade. The Chinese seem really serious when it comes to Yao Ming.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/1/2002  12:13 AM
I think China will be happy if Yao goes to Golden State. High Chinese population there and the time is closer (I know its only three hours but that still is a lot of time). I think New York, Golden State, and Chicago are the only teams in the lottery that China's approved of. I'm not sure what happens if a Cleveland or Denver picks him up.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/1/2002  3:03 PM
If say per chance Chicago takes him with the first pick, i'm sure everyone would be happy if he were to stay in chicago, but even more happy if he were to get traded to new york. I personally think chicago would consider a package of Marcus Camby or Kurt Thomas(likely Camby) our #1 pick(probably around #7), and our second rounder pick(#36) for Yao Ming and someone like Eddie Robinson. That gives us a future all-star center and an upgrade at small forward over Anderson to back up Sprewell and Houston. Chicago will get a good, fairly young vet who can play alongside Jalen Rose and is very effective, almost all-star caliber, when healthy. Camby would also give Chandler and Curry a little more time to develop. With the 7th pick they could get Caron Butler or someone like that to give them a great future SF. The second round pick would give them a little more depth. I think it's a fair and realistic trade.
How far will China go to make Ming a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy