[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chicago Workout Info from Hoopshype (written by Draft City dudes)
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/9/2005  2:41 PM
Link for article at the bottom, I cut and pasted reviews of some of the guys who might interest the Knicks.

Seems like Jawad Williams is falling. Maybe he falls to 54, but to be honest, some of the concerns they mention are the reasons I wouldn’t want to nab him at 30.

- Jawad Williams: Williams was another disappointment Tuesday, showing average ballhandling skills. His outside shot was not falling at all. The North Carolina graduate was playing both forward positions, but didn’t stand out at all in either role.
- Jawad Williams: 5 points, 2/9 shooting, 0 rebounds – Williams had another disappointing showing, alternating between passivity and forcing the issue way too much. He has done little to separate himself from the rest of the players at the camp once the North Carolina jersey has come off, and is looking more and more like a tweener forward without a real NBA position. In the shooting drills, Williams shot 5/10 from mid-range, 6/10 from the college line, and 4/10 from the NBA line.

Turiaf is having a really good showing. I wouldn’t hate to nab him at 30. Same goes for David Lee:

Ronny Turiaf: 11 points, 4/9 shooting, 6 rebounds (5 offensive), 2 assists, 1 block – Turiaf is living up to his advanced billing and is looking like the clear-cut number one big man in the camp. He came out with typical Turiaf toughness, intensity and flare. He is the kind of player that draws attention to himself for all the right reasons. Turiaf was a terror on the offensive glass, and got position at will. There was no defender that could keep him from getting position on the block. One highlight was an emphatic rejection of a Deji Akindele layup attempt. He also threw down a monstrous dunk that left the shot clock shaking. Turiaf is looking up to the task of proving the scouts that he is a first-round selection. Where numerous borderline first-rounders turn down invitations, Turiaf should be commended for facing down this challenge with his usual ferocity – and coming away successful.
- Ronny Turiaf: Turiaf did a very nice job Tuesday, locking down his man, playing unselfishly, nailing mid-range jump shots, and even beating his man off of the dribble from the wing. He was a real pleasure to watch as he was constantly smiling, cheering on his teammates, and super competitive. Turiaf was easily considered one of the top three players at the camp Tuesday.

David Lee: 12 points, 4/7 shooting, 5 rebounds – Lee had a quiet but effective showing in his first game at Chicago – especially in the second half. He displayed some unique finesse-type skills for a power forward. He shows dynamite quickness, smooth passing, and soft touch around the basket. While Lee probably didn’t dominate the way a player of his billing might be expected to at this camp, this probably had more to do with his lack of touches and the style of play than anything that would reflect poorly on Lee. We feel that more impressive statistical performances could be in store for David Lee. One play of note took place in the 2-on-2 drills, where he put down a spectacular reverse dunk from the baseline over Ellis Myles.
- David Lee: Was played completely out of position at the small forward spot on the wing, but still managed to do a decent job regardless. Impressed with his hustle, rebounding, unselfishness and passing ability. Lee had a great putback to show off his athleticism and hit a nice 15-footer to boot. Preferred to make the extra pass on the fast break to get his teammates involved rather than try to do everything himself.

Also, I still like Daniel Ewing at 54:
- Daniel Ewing: Ewing already had a reputation as a solid shooter, and really solidified that Wednesday. He was virtually automatic from mid-range all the way out to the NBA three-point line, and hit approximately 20 in a row from 18 to 20 feet. Ewing also showed impressive athleticism, dunking the ball effortlessly. Unfortunately, we saw nothing from Ewing regarding his point guard skills. It is crucial for Ewing to shed the “tweener” tag if he wants to move up in this draft, and he didn’t even get a chance to do that Wednesday. With the lack of PGs at Moody Bible, it isn’t a stretch to say that he really could have helped himself by showing off his skills and effectively running a team had he chose to attend.

http://www.hoopshype.com/chicago_camp.htm

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/9/2005  2:45 PM
I'm a big fan of David Lee. He's really athletic and hits the boards. He measure around 6'9 3/4 and might be able to play some backup C in the NBA. Turiaf is another good backup PF/C prospect who plays extremely hard. I'm a fan of either at 30.
VDesai
USA
6/9/2005  2:48 PM
Wow...Travis Diener: 15 points, 5/5 field goal’s, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 turnovers. I'm praying this guy will last to 54 but it seems very unlikely.
purple012870
Member: #432
6/9/2005  3:05 PM
Turiaf looks & plays like Brian Grant did when he entered the league. That's a good thing. Grant was very good pre-knee injuries.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/9/2005  3:57 PM
Posted by purple012870:

Turiaf looks & plays like Brian Grant did when he entered the league. That's a good thing. Grant was very good pre-knee injuries.

I was actually thinking Etan Thomas. Must be the hair...
¿ △ ?
purple012870
Member: #432
6/9/2005  4:07 PM
Good comparison.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/9/2005  4:16 PM
David lee: White guy.

Don't pass ball to white guy!

One of the things some kids have to face to get up in the draft andin the league!

The kid is marketable also.

I remember him in the mcdonalds dunk constest a few years back. Why, cuz he was a white kid! Only one that year!
VDesai
USA
6/9/2005  4:24 PM
Watch out for that Mindaugas Katelynas kid as well. If any of you saw the college dunk contest you know what I'm talking about. This kid has major hops and athleticism. Somethign like 6'9 210-202, can play SF. As the article says he has the solid bball IQ of a Euro player but knows and can play the American game. Somewhat of a sleeper in the 30 range.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/9/2005  10:20 PM
DAMNIT! that damn turiaf is impressing me more an more every time i see him. i'm trying not to be intruiged by power forwards guys. i'm really trying.
Chicago Workout Info from Hoopshype (written by Draft City dudes)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy