[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan Era, 2005 Draft, The Knicks, Center Problem
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
6/9/2005  2:16 PM
I would not mind to see the Knicks develop someone and get another pick or two next year in the lottery and be lottery bound for one-two more years. See, here is how I see it, as well as many other Knicks fans. Dolan told Isiah "We want to win a championship NOW! Do what you have to do."....But is that really the best for us fans and the Knicks? To cheap us out and put out a mediocre product year after year and not develop young players? I don't think so and I do not support it. What I do support is the playing and drafting of young players. Fuck the "veteran" player bullcrap they tell us. "You need a mix of both veterans and young players"...But the time the Knicks are contenders, the veterans will be retired.

Kurt needs to go, we know this. KT in a trade for a pick in the draft mid-first round would be great. But I have a feeling it will be a trade packaged with either T'Wolves or Mav's...Just my speculation. But who knows? I'm not a professional sports writer or analysis, but I know what the team needs.

So with this draft coming up, who do we draft is the question?

Splitter? Byunum? - Splitter might not get boughtout and might pull out like you all have heard, and Atlanta wants Bynum, so if the Knicks can get a #13 pick, they can draft two bigs. One, Bynum who will be our center of the future, and a center that will be our center of now.

But even with that, how do we not know that Isiah will be forced to TRADE the picks for a veteran player? It's disgusting. Dolan is a crazy man.

Here is how I see it. Draft young players, and root for the Knicks to lose to Dolan leaves the Knicks and puts the Knicks up for sale. Get a real ****ing owner and have someone build from the bottom up. Knick fans will understand and Dolan doesn't understand it.

I accept the Knicks for what they are. I cannot accept this Dolan era.
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/9/2005  2:22 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

I would not mind to see the Knicks develop someone and get another pick or two next year in the lottery and be lottery bound for one-two more years. See, here is how I see it, as well as many other Knicks fans. Dolan told Isiah "We want to win a championship NOW! Do what you have to do."....But is that really the best for us fans and the Knicks? To cheap us out and put out a mediocre product year after year and not develop young players? I don't think so and I do not support it. What I do support is the playing and drafting of young players. Fuck the "veteran" player bullcrap they tell us. "You need a mix of both veterans and young players"...But the time the Knicks are contenders, the veterans will be retired.

Kurt needs to go, we know this. KT in a trade for a pick in the draft mid-first round would be great. But I have a feeling it will be a trade packaged with either T'Wolves or Mav's...Just my speculation. But who knows? I'm not a professional sports writer or analysis, but I know what the team needs.

So with this draft coming up, who do we draft is the question?

Splitter? Byunum? - Splitter might not get boughtout and might pull out like you all have heard, and Atlanta wants Bynum, so if the Knicks can get a #13 pick, they can draft two bigs. One, Bynum who will be our center of the future, and a center that will be our center of now.

But even with that, how do we not know that Isiah will be forced to TRADE the picks for a veteran player? It's disgusting. Dolan is a crazy man.

Here is how I see it. Draft young players, and root for the Knicks to lose to Dolan leaves the Knicks and puts the Knicks up for sale. Get a real ****ing owner and have someone build from the bottom up. Knick fans will understand and Dolan doesn't understand it.

I accept the Knicks for what they are. I cannot accept this Dolan era.
Yeah many people on this board don't get it, Isiah may want to develop guys like a Layden but if Jim Dolan is putting pressure on his GMs to just go after vets than it is a moot point. Hopefully Isiah can slick talk him saying see we tried to build on a hurry and it didn't work, and maybe Dolan will listen but I doubt it. Because there is always someone putting the heat on your a@@. I don't doubt that Charles is sticking flames under little Jimmie to make a profit especially with no Rangers this past season and their failings of recent years.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
6/9/2005  2:25 PM
I am a filmmaker. I know about the business point of it as well, so I i can see what they're trying to do. You have a product and you need to make mony. It's a business. But am I running the Knicks. Nope.

So, as a fan, and to see from a fans eye, and a non-business point of view, I can see, and most of the Knick fans on here can see that there needs to be changes and that I am sure that everyone else doesn't mind tanking to become a better team for the future. By the time the "vets" are retired, we will have a new set of vets and young players and be able to contend.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/9/2005  2:31 PM
There are so many bad movies that make big money.

OUr beloved Knicks is a bad movie.

The sequels are not much better!
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
6/9/2005  2:36 PM
Nolad, check out my site: www.ScottGoldbergFilms.com Let me know what you think. We have a lot of pictures and interviews. Thought maybe you'd enjoy. BTW for all you from NY or LI, I do films and we always need extra's for my zombie films, and even crew members. So get in touch with me.
LongIslandKnicksFan
USA
6/10/2005  3:35 AM
Dolan Era, 2005 Draft, The Knicks, Center Problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy