[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here is the latest on Bynum fresh of UC insider
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2005  11:33 AM
he worked out for Atlanta in a private setting a day after memphis and purportedly, Atlanta is now trying to acquire a mid range pick to promise to Andrew. The Bynum's will only take a guarnteed promise, so that pick would have to be acquired before june 21st as of now. No one knows what happened in memphis,but they remain under the slot in which he said he required to stay in the draft[19] his family has made the cut off point the 14th pick. he still has private workouts with NY next week, Portland+New Orleans on Monday and GS.

He did not go to Chicago to get weighed because he was measured in his own private workouts and in the workout for Atlanta.

right now, it seems to me that Atlanta is the hot team after him. their GM made the trip into NY sat, the only GM who did, and apparently would take Andrew if they are able to acquire a mid range, even if they land Bogut.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/9/2005  11:40 AM
hopefully that changes after his workout with us. I'm scared about these Frye rumors.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/9/2005  11:50 AM
Hopefully, he blows people away at the Knicks workout. Does it make sense to try to trade the 8 pick to Charlotte to move down to 13 to get Bynum and then get another asset from Charlotte? ie - their second rounder next year (they don't have one this year) or maybe one of their PGs to back up Marbury?
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/9/2005  2:39 PM
Then that settles, if he has a great workout in NY, Isiah will take him, if not Atlanta will "try" to acquire him. I doubt it unless they are willing to give up either Harrington (which is rumored in Atlanta), Childress, or Smith. The next best players on that team is Kevin Willis or Lue. LOL, listening to Atlanta sports radio and some fans are mad that the Hawks just gave away Nazr Muhammed and the Knicks got two 1st picks out of it. Grass is always greener...
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
6/9/2005  3:18 PM
If he draft Frye I am packing my bags for jersey
BRIGGS
6/9/2005  5:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

hopefully that changes after his workout with us. I'm scared about these Frye rumors.

A lot of people think Frye is a bust in the making. Im not one of them, I think he's a good offensive player, but anyone who doesnt admit that he lacks toughness, that he shies away from contact, that he seemed to pick up his play almost like a guy in his contract year, is kidding themselves. he may be a great kid and he has an NBA future, iMHO as a solid back up, but what he is is a tweener, who before the so-called 6 week weight gain was 6-10/6-11 235.
RIP Crushalot😞
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/9/2005  5:59 PM
Frye doesn't have to be a bust, but the idea is he's not that good and certainly doesn't need to be drafted in the top 10.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/9/2005  6:16 PM
I like Frye a lot if the KNicks but I also like Bynum. for me the ideal thing would be to get Bynum and Frye. I personally see Frye more in the PF mode more the Horace Grant type of PF. He has nice range on his shot is athletic and can cover mistakes with his blocking ability. Get me Bynum and Frye front court and now your talking about a NYK team that will lock any opponent down. Anyone have a good deal to help the kNicks land both Frye and Bynum.

BRIGGS
6/10/2005  1:24 AM
Here are some numbers that Bynum put up in his last year, I think of few people were looking for this. Keep in mind he was only allowed to play 20 minutes or so coming off injury, so in terms of HS hes only playing a little more tha half a game against a very good schedule in NY+NJ HSs.
http://collegebasketballnews.foxsports.scout.com/2/351884.html
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  2:21 AM
Posted by Vmart:

I like Frye a lot if the KNicks but I also like Bynum. for me the ideal thing would be to get Bynum and Frye. I personally see Frye more in the PF mode more the Horace Grant type of PF. He has nice range on his shot is athletic and can cover mistakes with his blocking ability. Get me Bynum and Frye front court and now your talking about a NYK team that will lock any opponent down. Anyone have a good deal to help the kNicks land both Frye and Bynum.

if we draft Bynum we absolutely have to draft the best wing player available. I wouldn't want a situation where Frye is just ready enough to nail Bynum to the bench stunning his developement. Bynum would never see any time behind Kurt and Frye. Now if we draft a wing player he gets in the rotation right away ahead of penny and houston who will be sidelined anyway and we can bring Bynum along slowly but effectively

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/10/2005 02:22:01]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/10/2005  4:24 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Vmart:

if we draft Bynum we absolutely have to draft the best wing player available. I wouldn't want a situation where Frye is just ready enough to nail Bynum to the bench stunning his developement. Bynum would never see any time behind Kurt and Frye. Now if we draft a wing player he gets in the rotation right away ahead of penny and houston who will be sidelined anyway and we can bring Bynum along slowly but effectively

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/10/2005 02:22:01]

Guns, I would so much want Bynum and Frye or whoever would be the best 7-foot type left. They could definitely complement each other IMO. Look at the 2 teams in the finals and their multiple big guys that all play together. Duncan, Nazr, Rasho, Horry. Ben, Sheed, Campbell, Dice. It makes SUCH a difference! When all we had was Nazr, it was live-or-die by whatever his production was on a particular night. Now that he's playing NEXT to other 7-footers (granted Duncan isn't just another 7-footer), he's free to fill a more damaging role. We are one TINY team!! We need at least 2 - I'd be thrilled with 3!! - 7-footers who could all play together. (I know it took a while, but I think Chicago was pretty happy this year with the way their 2 7-footers played together. And they won a boatload of games with them too,).
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/10/2005  8:48 AM
thats a good point Marv but I would draft Bynum at 8, a really good SG with a mid 1st round pick and then another C/PF with the 30. That would make us a very good team. I think the ceiling of the wing players who will be available are higher than the C's available excluding Bynum. of course we can take 2 bigs and land steal a SG with the 30 or 54

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/10/2005 08:50:27]
Here is the latest on Bynum fresh of UC insider

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy