[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who's crippling this francise?
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/9/2005  10:17 AM
that I agree with...Howerver, I can understand the message that Isiah was probably trying to send to our players...Until you earn respect through winning games, you will not be treated as a super-star...It took me a while to figure this one out, but I did...Isiah is a winner, and there is nothing worst than being humiliated by your own fans and your own bosses...I just didn't like the fact that Butler and others didn't get to showcase their talents, but perhaps Isiah was also using reverse psichology. Butler is a big body that other teams around the league could have been interrested on...We lost a chance at Demarr last season, that was after giving him a chance to shine...Other teams have noticed him, and they have snatched him off of our hands. Isiah made him a promise, but Demarr couldn't wait until Shandon was off of our team to come and replace him....Same thing could have happened to Butler...

[Edited by - diderotn on 06/09/2005 10:19:16]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/9/2005  10:23 AM
there was a post the other day about the 96 or 97 draft and how weak it was & in looking at the drafts since them, the remarkable fact is we haven't drafted anyone worthy of being a starter- with the possible exception of Ariza & Sweets, though the jury is out on them.

I was also struck by how many drafts we didn't even have a first round pick in.

What I would do if I was Isiah is let Penny & TT expire, and take that $30million and hire full time, exclusive scouts.

Lets say you pay these guys $200k- that would give you 150 scouts that could go out and watch every single game of HS & overseas basketball.

The next Amare, we'd certainly know about.

We'd be like San Antonio taking late round picks & second round picks and turning them into stars.

I mean, is there a limit to what a NBA team can spend on scouting?
diderotn
USA
6/9/2005  10:28 AM
I disagree with you my friend...We have enough scouts to do what is necessary to find us talents...What Isiah needs to really do is as simple as this, hire the right coach to transcend his vision on the court; second, hire a drill sergeant to drill our boys when it comes to conditioning (either mentally or physically); and last but not least, hire a media savvy to coach our boys on manerism....Discipline starts from the mind...If you are mentally and physically disciplined, you will win every 4th quarters..
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/9/2005  10:34 AM
Posted by diderotn:

and last but not least, hire a media savvy to coach our boys on manerism....

Unless there is an evening gown and swimsuit segment at half-time, I'm not sure how this helps our championship chances.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
diderotn
USA
6/9/2005  10:43 AM
Here is how: remember the series between Orlando Vs Detroit when Tracy McGrady came out and basically doodooed on the microphone after going up 2 games on Detroit, He basically fueled the opponent to play much better basketball the time around....?????Remember that??? Look, all too often last season, someone from our squad: TT, Houston, Kurt, Marburry, Crawfford, pick one of them, came out and said something crazy to the media either about our players or an opponent...I remember one very welly publicized incident where Marburry proclaimed himself as the best PG, and failed to truly deliver since...Somebody needs to coach our boys on how to be humble, say the right things, etc. Marb has had countless incidents like that last season...We can't afford to have that...That is where it will be in our advantage to have someone to coach our boys on how to address the media....There are certain things that really don't need to be said...

Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by diderotn:

and last but not least, hire a media savvy to coach our boys on manerism....

Unless there is an evening gown and swimsuit segment at half-time, I'm not sure how this helps our championship chances.

[Edited by - diderotn on 06/09/2005 10:45:02]
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/9/2005  10:56 AM
I think Marbury should wax his bikini area if he wants to be a real superstar in this league.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/9/2005  11:32 AM
Fish, what I criticize about you is the fact that you all want things to be turned around immediately
How can anyone as in favor of using the draft as I am think this way? What we need is a plan and time. Isiah has demonstrated so far he's got neither. He make trades and signs players that will help him win right now this year. He's added huge salaries to plug immediate holes. When guys that HE brought in dont pan out he dumps them in less than a year. To me it seems that Isiah is the one who's looking to have things turned around immediatly, NOT me. What we need to do is add as many high reward low risk players that we can, that are also low cost. We need to keep flexibility. We need stockpile assets, not throw them around. I'm talking about a 2-3 year plan. Isiah has demonstrated zero patience so far.

As for poo pooing Houston's contract if Isiah had used his picks and prospects instead of blowing his entire wad on Marbury I would talk about how Houston and Shandon's contracts have crushed our flexibility for 3 years. Now that we have JYD, Marbury, Crawford, Rose, KT (extended) and Mo Taylor it most definatly is a moot point. Its a lot of $$$ but it no longer has any bearing on what we can and cant do, except for the roster spot. Isiah has made sure that Houston's contract isnt an issue by adding 10 bad ones of his own.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
6/9/2005  11:38 AM
A little patience will take you a long way Fish...Ask Miami, DEtroit, Washington, etc....All of them had to go through some growing pains and many mistakes....

Isiah has made sure that Houston's contract isnt an issue by adding 10 bad ones of his own.
fishmike
USA
6/9/2005  11:49 AM
so if Isiah makes a good move its "see! He's brilliant."
When Isiah makes a suspect move we arent being patient enough.

So me the massive long term contracts that Miami and Detriot added.

Those two orgs are run exactly the opposite of ours. When Miami was a poor team with Eddie Jones and Brian Grant they didnt look to add washed up guys making $10mm. They accepted it would take time and focused on adding young players, even if it meant a couple of losing seasons. THATS PATIENCE.

Watching Mo Taylor and KT and MArbury lead us to 30 plus wins where we miss out on franchise talent isnt patience, its frustrating.

If you want to be a blind homer and just accept Isiah will build a title team go ahead.

Lots of teams have taken different paths to being successfull. Trades, the trade, signing FAs, etc.

NONE have done so by doing what Isiah is doing.

But like I said, I am rooting like hell for a great draft and maybe a nice lower lever FA like a Steven Hunter or a hungry guy playing in Europe like Charlie Bell. If I seem anti Isiah I'm not all, but I'm going to sit here and pretend he did a good job either.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/9/2005  11:49 AM
I wont say its Allan's fault, because 100 million dollar contract or not, if he was healthy, we would be a good, playoff team with frontcourt help being our only priority. Lets not forget that, when he got here Allan was healthy and playing well, the plan for us was

Stephon
H20
TT
KT
Nazr

That team is good and would have done FAR better than the team we put on the floor. Allan is a 22 point scorer and we lost him. The blame game is always fun, but not always accurate. We had some bad luck, and a bad coach. I don't think Isiah should have hired Lenny.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/9/2005  12:40 PM
There you go again. NO ONE here is saying he's been brilliant
fishmike
USA
6/9/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah made some brilliant moves that folks that can't think from beyound 6" are currently criticizing....We have a chance to drastically reduce our cap in a couple of years...By then there are a lot of players, i.e., Lebron, Carmelo, even Wayde that will be available. Last season would have been ideal if we were able to get under the cap, but that wasn't the case....However, within the next 2 years, we will be a much more attractive franchise with Houston, TT, Penny, Mo T off of our cap...
Its really funny that you care so much about what I say, and actually think its you I'm talking too.

Dido... let me apologize for the SGR. While you and I often disagree I see you as dedicated a Knick fan as anyone, and enjoy your posts even when they are over the top. I for one dont think your a NO ONE
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/9/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Snitman, your not saying anything, just sitting around annoyed like some old bitter biyatch is not cool. YOur sounding like some old fag up in Provicetown who let life pass you by! Some old loney old fag with hemroids the sice of donuts just eating at your charactor. Your better than this, act it!

You guys are all right by the way. Good arguements!

Patience is having a tolerence to lose to get better. We don't have that.

Shandon and ALLans contract is not keeping us down cuz they were in play a long time ago, and are the WORKING CIRCUMSTANCES Isiah had when he walked in the door. Its not like they fell from the sky.

Funny thing almost said about allans deal, in a way its diluted with all the other ones.

Miami Bit it by letting Zo go, and getting picks. Under the cap they manipulated the Brand Offer to get Odom, and thus had working capital to get shaq. FIrst they had to eat Grant and Eddie jones. They could have taken worse deals in return, but Riles does not have an abyss of cash, and its not a smart thing!

Patience is an asset we don't have, and its not really Isiahs fault either.
fishmike
USA
6/9/2005  1:26 PM
Nalod... bet a buck he edits that post.

I agree with you in that the lack of patience isnt all Isiah's fault. Its a challenge of the job, but one that should be able to overcome considering the budget he's got to work with. Hopefully he gets it straightened out.
Bonn1997
USA
6/9/2005  1:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah made some brilliant moves that folks that can't think from beyound 6" are currently criticizing....We have a chance to drastically reduce our cap in a couple of years...By then there are a lot of players, i.e., Lebron, Carmelo, even Wayde that will be available. Last season would have been ideal if we were able to get under the cap, but that wasn't the case....However, within the next 2 years, we will be a much more attractive franchise with Houston, TT, Penny, Mo T off of our cap...
Its really funny that you care so much about what I say, and actually think its you I'm talking too.

Dido... let me apologize for the SGR. While you and I often disagree I see you as dedicated a Knick fan as anyone, and enjoy your posts even when they are over the top. I for one dont think your a NO ONE
Read my post more carefully fish. There is a difference between claiming he's made a brilliant move (or even some brilliant moves) and saying he's been a brilliant GM. My comment referred to the latter; Diderton's to the former. Just read more carefully next time.
Bonn1997
USA
6/9/2005  1:32 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Snitman, your not saying anything, just sitting around annoyed like some old bitter biyatch is not cool. YOur sounding like some old fag up in Provicetown who let life pass you by! Some old loney old fag with hemroids the sice of donuts just eating at your charactor. Your better than this, act it!
Lol. before today it had been a while since you called me snit man. I guess things are back to normal and your child level vocabulary is back. I missed it
Ira
Member: #91
6/9/2005  1:32 PM
I can't say Isaiah's been brilliant, but he's made some very good moves and only one very bad one. The bad one was hiring Lenny Wilkens when Fratello was available. The good ones were trading for Marbury, trading for Crawford and drafting Ariza. The other trades were either neutral or of little consequence.

So, all in all, I think he's been a positive influence. When he came, the only assets we had were aging - their trade value diminishing. Now we've got some talented young players and a very good point guard who's in his prime.

In the next few weeks, we'll have an new coach and some new players. That will give us more to base our judgements on. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

fishmike
USA
6/9/2005  1:37 PM
Marbury is a good player, and I like Crawford also, but based on other deals around the NBA Isiah grossly overpaid. To me that doesnt constitute making a good move. The player is good the move is bad.

Golden State gets Baron Davis for Claxton and Dale Davis's expiring deal.
We get Marbury and give up 2 prospects, 2 picks AND take back $40mm worth of Penny Hardaway. Those are 2 stark contrasts. Even if you say somewhere in the middle is fair market we got hosed.
fishmike
USA
6/9/2005  1:39 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Read my post more carefully fish. There is a difference between claiming he's made a brilliant move (or even some brilliant moves) and saying he's been a brilliant GM. My comment referred to the latter; Diderton's to the former. Just read more carefully next time.
dude, I dont read your posts at all, except when they are like one line. I'm too childish to care about such distinctions!!!

SGR rock on! Snit in cyberspace.
Bonn1997
USA
6/9/2005  1:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Marbury is a good player, and I like Crawford also, but based on other deals around the NBA Isiah grossly overpaid. To me that doesnt constitute making a good move. The player is good the move is bad.

Golden State gets Baron Davis for Claxton and Dale Davis's expiring deal.
We get Marbury and give up 2 prospects, 2 picks AND take back $40mm worth of Penny Hardaway. Those are 2 stark contrasts. Even if you say somewhere in the middle is fair market we got hosed.
There's a huge difference between Baron and Marbury. You get Baron for 50 games a season; you get Marbury for 82.
Overpaid for Crawford? He gave up Mutombo, Harrington, and Frank Williams. Which of those three made it too much? Or are you talking about his salary when you say overpaid? His salary is about $0.5 mil more than the average NBA player's salary. And given Jamal's talent and youth, I don't think an average NBA salary is overpaying.
Who's crippling this francise?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy