Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/9/2005  2:01 AM
Assuming:
1. Curry's heart is good to go.
2. There is no #8 pick involved.

Would you guys rather do a sign and trade for Curry or Draft Bynum?
Why?

I'd roll with Curry, whose upside has to be close to Bynum's and we have actually seen what he can do in the league. He's 15 and 8 and has room to improve vastly. You also dont have to wait for Curry hes already an NBA player, not a star or superstar, but a more than decent center with superstar potential still.

Bynum is a much bigger risk and we would be drooling the day he was able to put up Curry's curent numbers. He is Taller than Curry, but I would say if Curry is healthy its a much safer bet, and Curry still has tremendous upside.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/9/2005  6:15 AM
Those "8" rpg loked suspect to me so I looked it up. He's never averaged more than 6.2 rpg and in fact went DOWN to 5.4 this year!

Doesn't that strike you as incredibliy pathetic?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/9/2005  7:13 AM
I wouldn't mind adding both Bynum and Curry or Tiago and Kwame or Sam Dalembert. We can add two Cs.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/09/2005 07:13:52]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/9/2005  8:50 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I wouldn't mind adding both Bynum and Curry or Tiago and Kwame or Sam Dalembert. We can add two Cs.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/09/2005 07:13:52]
great point Bonn. I am still interested in upgrading the center spot, unless you tell me that Bynum is going to be a fast learner. Kwame would be an excellent pick up for MLE. I don't know if we have what it takes though, since we must use part of the MLE to resign Ariza to a multi year deal to get his Bird rights.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/9/2005  8:55 AM
Curry's a good player but anytime you have a chance to get a Hall of Famer you take it.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/9/2005  9:04 AM
I would draft Bynum and still try to sign Kwame that way if Bynum is not ready Kwame can play center and someday we can have a frontline of:
C-Bynum
PF-Kwame
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
6/9/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

Curry's a good player but anytime you have a chance to get a Hall of Famer you take it.

Nice.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/9/2005  10:02 AM
I'm gonna say go with Bynum rather than Curry. Because even if his heart is good to go you never know what could happen. So he is a big risk probably a bigger risk than Bynum right now. As for Bynum I have always been in favor of making the NYK ballers homegrown not necessarily from NY but drafted by the Knicks. I think atleast they should have a homegrown superstar. It goes a long way to bring someone up through the organization because I think they have pride in the organization. I think Bynum has that potential to be our Pat Ewing. Ewing had a lot of Pride in the Orange and Blue I can't say that these other guys have that kind of pride. Sweetney and Ariza I think have it, Butler might have it since he was taken and given a chance from outside the NBA. I would rather the KNicks deal with young hungry players than the fat cats that they go after.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/9/2005  10:06 AM
someone I work with (he's in chicago) his wife is one of those cardiogram technicians and evidently she was involved in one of curry's tests.

her word back to her husband- evidently, he has a family history and probably won't play again and certainly they will never get insurance for it.

Now- the similar thing didn't stop Mourning from getting a big deal from the Nets- but, I'm not throwing away anything on curry- not a roster spot & not part of the MLE or LLE.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/9/2005  10:16 AM
Posted by Vmart:

I'm gonna say go with Bynum rather than Curry. Because even if his heart is good to go you never know what could happen. So he is a big risk probably a bigger risk than Bynum right now. As for Bynum I have always been in favor of making the NYK ballers homegrown not necessarily from NY but drafted by the Knicks. I think atleast they should have a homegrown superstar. It goes a long way to bring someone up through the organization because I think they have pride in the organization. I think Bynum has that potential to be our Pat Ewing. Ewing had a lot of Pride in the Orange and Blue I can't say that these other guys have that kind of pride. Sweetney and Ariza I think have it, Butler might have it since he was taken and given a chance from outside the NBA. I would rather the KNicks deal with young hungry players than the fat cats that they go after.
Dude, Briggs who is crazy about Bynum, only compares him to a more steady version of Brendan Haywood. Let's not go crazy with the Ewing comparsions. Ewing had that pride from his family background and Coach Thompson. I am not sure about Sweetney though, I think if he prided himself he would do his best to make sure that he was in top physical shape. I guess he is like Othella and doesn't get invites to the Hoya workouts with Ewing, Mourning, and Mutumbo. Ariza wants to show everyone that he was lottery material. Great article I read about him and Lebron battling in HS, and him talking trash to Lebron (now I know why Lebron doesn't care for him).
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
USA
6/9/2005  10:46 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Vmart:

Dude, Briggs who is crazy about Bynum, only compares him to a more steady version of Brendan Haywood.
Briggs also said he's going to be a 20/10/3 center in the league for a long time
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/9/2005  10:52 AM
How much can a young dude like Bynum know about basketball if not just his size....? Look, I would love to draft this kid, and I think that we should draft him, but not with the 8th pick....If Frye is there, we should pick him first...I believe that the 4 years that this kid spent in school learning the different sides of life will come handy down the road...
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/9/2005  10:56 AM
Bynum is so much bigger and longer than Curry, I'd take Bynum. We know Curry's upside at this point. He's an offensive force, sort of like a giant Sweetney, the problem is he can't GUARD ANYONE. Remember the Bulls/Knicks game where the Bulls were forced to take Curry out precisely because he couldn't contain Sweetney. Now, I like Sweetney as a backup, but anyone who can't contain this kid should be ashamed.

Bynum has a much higher DEFENSIVE upside than Curry. It's true he may not be quite the offensive player Curry is, but if he's a better defender, to me, that's why you have a 7-foot-2 center - DEFENSE.

Give me Bynum any day of the week.
¿ △ ?
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/9/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Vmart:

Dude, Briggs who is crazy about Bynum, only compares him to a more steady version of Brendan Haywood.
Briggs also said he's going to be a 20/10/3 center in the league for a long time

Key word being Potential
crzymdups
USA
6/9/2005  10:58 AM
Posted by diderotn:

How much can a young dude like Bynum know about basketball if not just his size....? Look, I would love to draft this kid, and I think that we should draft him, but not with the 8th pick....If Frye is there, we should pick him first...I believe that the 4 years that this kid spent in school learning the different sides of life will come handy down the road...

Yeah, I agree that Frye will be better for at least four years. Bynum CLEARLY has the higher upside, but Frye is more skilled and will probably get the best of individual matchup with Bynum for several years. The question is: do the Knicks think down the road to four years from now when they have one of the best 22 year old centers in the league in Bynum? I don't know. I'd like to think they'd strongly consider it, but I have a feeling they won't.

I would love to see Bynum get a chance to work with Mark Agguire and Herb Williams...sigh...
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by diderotn:

Yeah, I agree that Frye will be better for at least four years. Bynum CLEARLY has the higher upside, but Frye is more skilled and will probably get the best of individual matchup with Bynum for several years. The question is: do the Knicks think down the road to four years from now when they have one of the best 22 year old centers in the league in Bynum? I don't know. I'd like to think they'd strongly consider it, but I have a feeling they won't.

I would love to see Bynum get a chance to work with Mark Agguire and Herb Williams...sigh...

4 years, if I really felt four years, I would never say take him 8th. That is way to long for a franchise to wait on anyone. What I am saying is similar to Biendrins year 1, 10-12 minutes 4 points 4 rebounds 1 blocks 60% shooting, year 2 12 points 8 rebounds 2 blocks in 25 minutes off the bench year 3 18-20 points 10-11 rebounds -3 blocks at 34 minutes----> franchise starter numbers in 3 years, not sitting with splinters in his arse. I would not be surprised for him to be an impact type player at his rate of development off the bech 2nd half of year 1, with a clear posibility to start year 2.

either that or i hope he comes to uconn, but the only place you will see him is at Uconn and a top 3 pick in 2 years, probabaly number 1.

Andrew Bogut went from potential 2nd round pick, to number 1 pick in the draft in 2 years.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
6/9/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Vmart:

Key word being Potential
Maybe he meant potential but that's not what he said yesterday. He flat out said the Bynum will be a 20/10/3 center in the league for a long time

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/09/2005 11:16:15]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2005  11:37 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Vmart:

Key word being Potential
Maybe he meant potential but that's not what he said yesterday. He flat out said the Bynum will be a 20/10/3 center in the league for a long time

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/09/2005 11:16:15]

if i didnt believe he would be a 20-10-3 C in 3 years, I wouldnt have been barking up the tree so hard. Im not syaing he would potentially be a 20-10 player, im saying HE WILL BE a 20-10-3 player within 3 years. A much better bigger more skilled and consistent version of Brendan Haywood
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
6/9/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

4 years, if I really felt four years, I would never say take him 8th. That is way to long for a franchise to wait on anyone. What I am saying is similar to Biendrins year 1, 10-12 minutes 4 points 4 rebounds 1 blocks 60% shooting, year 2 12 points 8 rebounds 2 blocks in 25 minutes off the bench year 3 18-20 points 10-11 rebounds -3 blocks at 34 minutes----> franchise starter numbers in 3 years, not sitting with splinters in his arse. I would not be surprised for him to be an impact type player at his rate of development off the bech 2nd half of year 1, with a clear posibility to start year 2.

either that or i hope he comes to uconn, but the only place you will see him is at Uconn and a top 3 pick in 2 years, probabaly number 1.

Andrew Bogut went from potential 2nd round pick, to number 1 pick in the draft in 2 years.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be the number one pick in two years (though if there's a 20yr old age limit, it would be three years because he has a late birthday). I fully agree he'd be a top three pick if he went to Uconn. I don't think he'd be picked over Oden - the real next Shaq.

I really do think it will take 4 years though. Why? It takes most big men whole play in the post longer to develop if they don't learn the basics at college - look at Jermaine O'neal. Bynum didn't get a full senior year at high school, that had to set back his skills development. He doesn't seem to be fully physically developed either, he's not the man-child that Moses Malone and Amare were, he seems to be growing into his body, as well as dealing with weight issues.

Also, we're talknig about the Knicks here which means either he'll be brought along way too slowly, or thrown into the fire way too early. I just think that his development would be very tough and would take that extra year to get him to starter territory.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/9/2005  11:53 AM
thats where I disagree. I think KT, JYD and Malik Rose are great players to have around a guy like Bynum. They are tough, they work hard, they improve their game every year, they respect the league and the game. If Bynum is the backup I would be very happy to have a guy like KT starting, not because of his game, but his approach to the game. He's a starter because shows up every year in great shape and beats out his competition. If her were a 7 footer we would be gushing "Thank god for KT"
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Eddy Curry vs. The hall of Famer Andrew Bynum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy