[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade idea... Marbury to... Portland.
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
6/9/2005  1:20 AM
Portland is practically the only team in the NBA that would even consider trading for Marbury at this point.

I just read an article that they have Nick Van Exel's non-guaranteed contract available (13.7 million), perhaps in a package w/ the #3 pick. This would come pretty close to what Marbury is making (give or take a throw in or two).

Maybe this could net us Patterson/Telfair/#3 pick/major cap relief for Marbury/Jerome Williams.

Crawford seems best suited to run point anyway--- and we'd have tons of options w/ the #3 pick (Green... one of the many point guards... guaranteeing we get Bynum... etc...). And we'll be 1 step away from ridding ourselves of Tim Thomas's contract (as well as Houston's).
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/9/2005  1:52 AM
They have his cousin making penny's in a rookie contract, this makes no sense at all.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/9/2005  7:07 AM
Can we just make have on thread listing the teams we are NOT considering trading Marbury to? That would be much shorter
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/9/2005  9:19 AM
Posted by technomaster:

Portland is practically the only team in the NBA that would even consider trading for Marbury at this point.

I just read an article that they have Nick Van Exel's non-guaranteed contract available (13.7 million), perhaps in a package w/ the #3 pick. This would come pretty close to what Marbury is making (give or take a throw in or two).

Maybe this could net us Patterson/Telfair/#3 pick/major cap relief for Marbury/Jerome Williams.

Crawford seems best suited to run point anyway--- and we'd have tons of options w/ the #3 pick (Green... one of the many point guards... guaranteeing we get Bynum... etc...). And we'll be 1 step away from ridding ourselves of Tim Thomas's contract (as well as Houston's).
I think the idea should be to get the best players. Telfair is nothing to write home about. I don't want Patterson. I agree though with the must to get the #3. This is the problem I am sure Portland will want NY's #8 as well. You are not going to just get their pick without giving up your lotto pick. You can do that stuff pre-lottery but I strongly doubt that they will be just looking to give your pick. Probably future 1st round picks.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/9/2005  10:00 AM
any trade w/POR of Marbury is likely going to involve Zach Randolph coming back to the Knicks...i don't see them giving up their #3 pick...I don't want any part of Randolph.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Trade idea... Marbury to... Portland.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy