[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whose Going to win the finals?

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
Two teams, similar concept: TEAMWORK! Spurs are Euro style, Pistons are old timey! Who pervails?
Blatter challanged Piss-Tons?
Euroesque Spurs let by all world Tony the Tiger Parker?
View Results

Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/8/2005  12:17 PM
I said Spurs. I will be SHOCKED if the Pistons win it but I think its going to 7 games. I think Rip, Chauncey, Price and Rasheed can win 3 games.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/8/2005  1:28 PM
Silver, prepare to be shocked.

I'm going with Pistons.

Spurs are a good team and Horry and Barry can certainly step up to complement their big 3.

But - the Pistons are too damn versatile for this team. Billups can bruise Parker and then Hunter and Arroyo can come in to harrass him with speed.

Ginobili and Hamilton will be a classic matchup. I think chasing Rip around will cost Ginobili some of his whirlwind energuy on the offensive end.

i'm hoping Prince runs Bowen back and forth into Ben Wallace screens and they just rough him up. I'm sick of that guy's chippiness.

Duncan's great but it's him, Nazr, Rasho and Horry agasint Big Ben, Rasheed, Dice and Campbell. i think Detroit's lumber wins.

Will we see Darko? Will his snazzy Euro-style inspire Isiah to draft Andreezy???
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/8/2005  1:46 PM
I actually think Bowen will be guarding Rip Hamilton, while Ginoboli will be going after PrinceThe key is for Rip to get Bowen into foul trouble, and also, for Billups to try and overpower Parker. It's all about our backcourt. Duncan is gonna get his points and his rebounds and his assists. He's gonna be his usual self. But we gotto keep Manu and Parker from penetrating, and Tay and Billups can keep them from doing that.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/8/2005  1:56 PM
the Detroit Pistons will win their second straight NBA championship. 4 games to 2.

Richard Hamilton will be the MVP
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/8/2005  2:29 PM
I say Pistons, Timmy will have to have a monster series because I think Billups will post Parker up so much. Hunter could shut Parker down on defense too. I think Bowen will have a hard time staying out of foul trouble here too. Rip just moves so much without the ball. Unless Nazr has now really step up his game, he will have his usually trouble with the Wallaces on the boards. I think McKnee and Horry almost cancel each other out but Antonio has been looking sprite and mobile. To me Manu is the biggest x factor, the Spurs bench is not as strong as it was in the past with guys like Speedy and Stephon.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/8/2005  3:13 PM
I actually like this matchup better then Heat-Spurs. It is going to be a tough series, both teams have a lot of experience etc. I will go with the Spurs though - they have won it twice in the past few years and they always have a strong playoff tested team.

Parker isnt being given a chance according to the critics and I think he will surprise a lot of people.

Rip Vs Bowen, Rip wins hands down.

Manu Vs Prince, gotta go with Manu - he is awesome but Prince can be clutch too.

Duncan Vs Sheed - I think this is really where it will make or break the Pistons. Sheed has to put up numbers or else they wont win any games - but what else is new. I give it to Duncan but you gotta love Sheed, he has really come together as a great player on Detroit (although I always loved him, technicals and all).

Then we have Nazr vs Wallace or whomever they throw against him. Big Ben wins this one.

I think the surprise of the series will be Parkers play, Duncan will get his, and Manu will be explosive.

Its a win win for me though, I wouldnt mind seing either team cement their status as all time great teams.

Also gotta throw in the tired factor....the Pistons had 2 7 game series in a row, while the Spurs dismantled two of the best teams of the regular season pretty handily. That gives another edge to the Spurs.

[Edited by - OasisBU on 06/08/2005 15:15:52]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/8/2005  6:33 PM
Spurs baby!

I hate the pistons!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/8/2005  8:14 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

I actually like this matchup better then Heat-Spurs. It is going to be a tough series, both teams have a lot of experience etc. I will go with the Spurs though - they have won it twice in the past few years and they always have a strong playoff tested team.

Parker isnt being given a chance according to the critics and I think he will surprise a lot of people.

Rip Vs Bowen, Rip wins hands down.

Manu Vs Prince, gotta go with Manu - he is awesome but Prince can be clutch too.

Duncan Vs Sheed - I think this is really where it will make or break the Pistons. Sheed has to put up numbers or else they wont win any games - but what else is new. I give it to Duncan but you gotta love Sheed, he has really come together as a great player on Detroit (although I always loved him, technicals and all).

Then we have Nazr vs Wallace or whomever they throw against him. Big Ben wins this one.

I think the surprise of the series will be Parkers play, Duncan will get his, and Manu will be explosive.

Its a win win for me though, I wouldnt mind seing either team cement their status as all time great teams.

Also gotta throw in the tired factor....the Pistons had 2 7 game series in a row, while the Spurs dismantled two of the best teams of the regular season pretty handily. That gives another edge to the Spurs.

[Edited by - OasisBU on 06/08/2005 15:15:52]
Yeah, you have made apretty good case for the Spurs, I just think so much hinges in Rashweed. If he plays big and is hitting 3's and stuff, he can cause major problems for Tim Duncan.
gunsnewing
USA
6/8/2005  8:18 PM
I was saying all season long how the Spurs are the best team in the league not Miami and Duncan is the MVP. Detroti knows how to get it done though so its gonna be really interesting!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/9/2005  2:01 PM
Wow this is close!

ONly 20 votes! Is that how many are active on this site?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/9/2005  2:06 PM
Spurs; they have far better offense and only slightly inferior defense. Duncan's by far the best player in this series. I was really unimpressed by how Detroit barely got by against a badly injured Miami team.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/9/2005  3:27 PM
The Spurs DO NOT have a far better offense than the Pistons, and I'm not basing this on stats. Yes, Duncan is the best player in the series, but Kobe and Shaq and an unhealthy Wade and Shaq were also far better than what the Pistons have. They win by defense and clutch baskets. Matchup wise, Billups is better than Parker, Rip is better than Bowen, it's tied between Tay and Manu, Duncan has the edge over Rasheed, and the Wallace has the edge over both Rasho and Nazr. Matchups wise, the Pistons have quite an edge and may even win the battle of the benches with Hunter and McDyess coming off. If the Pistons can do a good job holding down Parker and Manu (While making Duncan do most of the work, therefore, tiring him out and keeping his guys out) then the Pistons have a shot. I think the keys of this series are Billups and Tay, mainly on defense. Rip will have a tough time, but he'll get his points. Ben Wallace will abuse the centers of the Spurs. Weed needs to hold his own and needs to hit those 3s to keep Duncan out of the paint on defense. Don't worry about him getting in foul trouble.

Pistons in 6
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/9/2005  9:02 PM
pistons.............of course
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
USA
6/9/2005  9:24 PM
duncan-rasheed is a heck of a matchup!
tomverve
Member: #878
6/10/2005  1:28 AM
I'm surprised the voting is this close. Detroit's tough, but they're not in San Antonio's class. As Bonn mentioned, the defenses are about even but SA is far superior on offense. SA also has the two best players in the series. I'm calling Spurs in 6-- Detroit wins 2 of 3 at home but doesn't beat the Spurs on the road.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Stevo718
Member: #559
6/10/2005  1:45 AM
Pistons in 7.

Rasheed Wallace.
gunsnewing
USA
6/10/2005  2:42 AM
bruce bowen shut Rip down! Rip went 7-21
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/10/2005  7:51 AM
Posted by tomverve:

I'm surprised the voting is this close. Detroit's tough, but they're not in San Antonio's class. As Bonn mentioned, the defenses are about even but SA is far superior on offense. SA also has the two best players in the series. I'm calling Spurs in 6-- Detroit wins 2 of 3 at home but doesn't beat the Spurs on the road.
I can't agree with allanfan's assessment of the teams' offense. On offense, Parker and Ginobili are probably comparable in overall effectiveness to Billups and Rip. They all have different strengths and weaknesses but any net differences in their effectiveness are probably very tiny. Then, Prince is a better scorer than Bowen. Prince will give you about 6 more PPG. But Duncan is a much better scorer than Rasheed. He'll give you about 10 more PPG and more assists and he'll draw more double teams, which will help everyone else. I definitely can't call Ben a better offensive player than Nazy. I think it's the reverse with Nazy having the better touch around the basket and giving at least 2 or 3 more PPG and better free throw shooting.
Whose Going to win the finals?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy