[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Who's kid can ball?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/7/2005  8:42 PM

He's 10 now. He's a little guy. I just measured him and he is 4'3". Rail thin......We just came from the park and obviously I can't play with my knee still in rehab but......

He did some good things today against kids around his age...like 10-12. My kid can play. He is always the fastest kid on the court at his age. He has a good first step. His handle is basic but effective. It's just awesome to see how fast he is.

He is all about making a move and get to the basket and try to score. He didn't have to do his little crossover too much because he is so fast, lol. I try not to pressure on him to play but he is so athletic. I have been teaching him alot of stuff and I just get a kick out of seeing him bust those kids a** ,

Ahh man.......I'm just so proud of him.

Don't get me wrong.....I've seen kids better at his age....My son needs to play with kids just as fast and play more games to really see what he can do while he grows with more experience.

I dunno if he would be down for it but I'm seriously looking to get him in the Junior Knicks this fall. What's funny is that he is more into soccer!!!!! He just likes to kick the ball.

Please guys........use this thread to talk about your athletic kids. I know some of you have kids playing sports. Let's hear about it!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

6/7/2005  8:46 PM
Also please pass on info if you can about different leagues/programs in the NYC area where your kids are playing.......As a proud father I would appreciate any info on basketball and soccer for my son.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/7/2005  8:51 PM
<<<<future nba draft pick
EnySpree

6/7/2005  8:54 PM
Hey I forgot about my 1 year old son!!!! He loves basketball.....it's one of the few words he can say, lol. He wakes up and has to see NBA TV for the highlights, lol....I'm not lying!!! He loves to look at my Slam magazines. They are basically his cuz he loves them.

Also the kid can score on a 3 foot,8 inch goal!!!!! He is amazing......he bangs the ball on the floor really fast like he is dribbling too. He even trys to make lay-ups. It's more like a walking shot but it's different because he does it on one leg, lol. He pulls on the net when he does it and kind looks like he is showboating.....like he dunked it.

Wow man I love my kids!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 06/07/2005 20:56:57]
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
6/8/2005  6:23 AM
My oldest is only three, but i got him doing layups on an 8 foot basket. He camps out underneath, chucks it up.... and puts it in clean, no glass! I tell you, he's schoolin' those punk 2 year old like nothin!!

And dont feel bad about your 4 foot kid, mines like 2 ft 7in... but his wingspans at least, oh 3 ft 1". Blockin' shot for fun

The first basketball player i ever showed him was Iverson, cuz' i feel its more important for him to see the fire and heart you need to play ball then any specific teams. Besides, hes gotta learn to love the Knicks in his own time.

Walked into the Rbk store, he's pointing at the wall telling he can see Iv'son.

Gotta love the kids.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/8/2005  7:34 AM
my daughter is almost 5 and is more a thinker. She's got good coordination but its more gracefull than anything else. She's the dancer.

My son is 2 this month, but has shown he may have the same outfielders arm his old man has, as demonstrated by his ability to hit his mother in the ass with a sippy cup from across the room after she tells him "no." He also excells at hitting (waiters are his favorite) any target he wants with french fries when we go to TGIFridays.

As for hoops I'm not sure yet... its pretty early, but slam dunking the phone or his sister's barbies into the toilet is also high on his list.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/8/2005  7:58 AM
my son played hoops in the Yorkvile Youth Athletic Association and Big Apple leagues in Manhattan. both pretty good leagues, BA has more instruction, YYAA has more parent involvement.

My boy was a good scrappy player, kind of like Mike Riordan, from the old championship Knicks, if anyone remembers. The real problem was his old man - I coached for 2 years and I SUCKED! Too soft! I kept insisting on all the kids getting equal playing time, even the ones who sucked. I could'nt face some little kid sitting on the pine while the better kids play the game, with the kids parents there and everything. Believe me I got crap from some hardass parents too who wantd the team to WIN WIN WIN. A-holes!

Anyway, my kid soon after discovered that he was truly born to be on wheels!! He went through a couple of years of living on blades and playing street hockey, then discovered his true love in life - skateboards. so now he's 15, long dreads (on a super-pale red-headed kid!), vegan-punk-retro hippie, and he and his buds are all over this city grinding and ollieing on every piece of public and private property, filming themselves and posting it all over the internet (including classic footage of bribing security guards to be allowed to skate).

My daughter, like Fish', is the dancer. Tap, hip hop, flamenco. Fortunately has her mother's rhythm!
EnySpree

6/8/2005  10:33 AM
Awesome fellas......

Good stuff.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/8/2005  10:40 AM
my son just turned 13 last month, he is about 5'6 wears a size 11 shoe and can palm a basketball already, pretty good athlete. He can shoot but he is lazy on defense, I work with him a lot, he doesn't always listen, but when he does he plays well. This summer he will be playing league ball again.

My daughter is 2, she already loves to be flipped, she can do cartwheels and she does a split, I am serious, this is not your normal two year old when it comes to this type of stuff, she is fearless, loves to flip.. I see a future gymnist here.. She also can walk on her toes with ease....

I want them to play sports but I will be happy with an accountant and or a Doctor...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/8/2005  10:40 AM
I have a baby on the way, I don't know what he/she is gonna be like. I just hope he/she is healthy and has everything he'she's supposed to. After that I can figure out if they're into sports or other things. But its fun to read about ou guys' experience.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/8/2005  10:41 AM
Posted by tkf:

My daughter is 2, she already loves to be flipped, she can do cartwheels and she does a split, I am serious, this is not your normal two year old when it comes to this type of stuff, she is fearless, loves to flip.. I see a future gymnist here.. She also can walk on her toes with ease....

just keep her away from the pole...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/8/2005  10:44 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by tkf:

hahahahahahaa!!!! you can bet I will!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/8/2005  10:44 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by tkf:

A fathers primary duty!!!!!!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/8/2005  10:48 AM
He also excells at hitting (waiters are his favorite) any target he wants with french fries when we go to TGIFridays.

I haven't been hit by French Fries by kids (Although the chefs certainly like to target me) but do your kids like to draw on tables?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/8/2005  11:02 AM
does the pope have rosary beads?

My girl has been pretty good, but Luke is the master of destruction. His MO goes something like this:
If its got a button I will push it.
If it will fit I will put it in the toilet at least once.
Anything I dont like I know the dog will so sure, I will take it.
If its out of my reach I will drag furniture over until I can climb high enough to get it.
If you take away my toy hammer I will find something else to bang against every surface of the house.
If I'm holding it its mine.
Throwing things down the stairs is a constructive activity.
Dont make me angry... you wouldnt like me when I'm angry.
Sand doesnt taste that bad.
When was the last time you actually tried some?
Childlocks are meant to be broken.
If the door only opens an inch I am going to keep slamming it until it opens or I get bored.
Making the dog growl is helping her to better communicate with the family.
Lets play.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

6/8/2005  11:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

does the pope have rosary beads?

My girl has been pretty good, but Luke is the master of destruction. His MO goes something like this:
If its got a button I will push it.
If it will fit I will put it in the toilet at least once.
Anything I dont like I know the dog will so sure, I will take it.
If its out of my reach I will drag furniture over until I can climb high enough to get it.
If you take away my toy hammer I will find something else to bang against every surface of the house.
If I'm holding it its mine.
Throwing things down the stairs is a constructive activity.
Dont make me angry... you wouldnt like me when I'm angry.
Sand doesnt taste that bad.
When was the last time you actually tried some?
Childlocks are meant to be broken.
If the door only opens an inch I am going to keep slamming it until it opens or I get bored.
Making the dog growl is helping her to better communicate with the family.
Lets play.

That is some of the funniest stuff I've read on here.

I can definately relate, lmao.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/8/2005  11:49 AM
My boy last year was a nationally ranked Ice Hockey player, this year he skipped the spring rankings to play lacrosse. He also on the skateboard (been to woodward camp in PA). He also leads a punk band. Practices one hour a day on his guitar. Very type A.

Played on a school B-ball team this year and my Mom and I called him "honkey". ON the court he can run, but at 13, he is now 5'10 and all of 130 lbs! He does not have the "funk" his daddy had in his day!

My 11 year old girl can play hoop, and is an incredible Lacrosse player.

My kids have some genetic gifts of endurance and have desire.

Kids sports is big buisness! My son has had numerous offers to play at prep schools and while its a nice rush, its freaking crazy. Ice hockey scholarships are few, and schools basically redshirt you for two years!

Having some real talented kids, they play on all star teams and travel around the country. We do it as a family and only on if the kids are enjoying the play. We see so many parents mortgaging the house to fund coaching and conditioning its just nuts. ITs what the parent wants, not the kids. I will say its a rush when your DNA is whooping on other peoples DNA, but there is a fine line. As my son approches high school I notice he is changing and I need to make sure he evolves further into things that really matter.

He told a scout last year its what what he does, not who he is. I was very proud of him for that. It means his play does not dictate his self esteem! He loves music, is a straight "A" student, and I am not stretching my bragging here!

Athletics are a big healthy part of growing up with many positive character traits to be learned. But keep it real, keep it healthy!

My Stanley cup dream for him fades over time, but the reality of him being a strong self confident person with many talents is perhaps what will eventually make him sucessful at what ever he may choose.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/8/2005  12:25 PM
Posted by Nalod:

He also on the skateboard (been to woodward camp in PA).

Is he going this summer? My son will be there for week 11. Lil' Nalod and lil' Marv hanging together? Causing trouble and telling each other the truth about their "old men?"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/8/2005  12:44 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

He also on the skateboard (been to woodward camp in PA).

Is he going this summer? My son will be there for week 11. Lil' Nalod and lil' Marv hanging together? Causing trouble and telling each other the truth about their "old men?"

Its a good camp, he'll have lots of fun.

I am taking the family to europe for a few weeks and that eats lots of money and time. We made him pay for half last year, and he did get a ride one way. But this year he could not get a friend to go and its like an 8 hour drive, so to take and pick up only makes sense if I am staying in the area (or NYC!).

I thought for sure he would have broken somthing by now but I guess he does have some sense! At least he does not talk about doing it for a living anymore, and those Jack-ass shows are gone! Ever watch "fuel", a cable station that shows lots of skateboarding? Its boring and redundant! Generation gap!
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/8/2005  3:30 PM
my kid has already been contacted by 14 Division I schools including UCONN, Duke, Wake Forest and Kansas.

He has a 46" jumper and won the high school dunking contest as a 9th grader last year

He plays pointer guard at the height of 6'9" but at any point and time in the game he switches to the Center position where he avg. 9 blks a game this year.

His numbers were 36 ppg 7 assists 9 blks 7 stls

He will be 15 April 1st. He told me that he wants to be a gigolo
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
OT: Who's kid can ball?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy