[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby's Playing Time
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/25/2002  5:23 PM
I was just thinking recently about the Knicks improbable playoff run when they went to the Finals, and Camby came off the bench for the majority of those playoffs, and every time he came in he injected energy in the Knicks. Wouldn't it make sense if the Knicks got a small forward (Caron Butler) or power forward (Wilcox or Gooden) to bring Camby off the bench. For anyone who says the Knicks couldn't play with Jackson, Houston, Sprewell, Butler, and Thomas, just look at the Mavs last night when they had Van Exel, Nash, Finley, Buckner, and Nowitzki in the game at the same time. That is two point guards, two 2-guards and a power forward. The Knicks would have a point guard, two 2-guards, a small forward, and a power forward, and Camby could come off the bench. The Knicks could play a real up-tempo game, where Jackson thrives. And if the Knicks got Wilcox or Gooden, start them but just play them 17 to 22 minutes a game, with Camby off the bench. Not only would this decrease his chance of injury, but maybe the Knicks could have some sort of success with it since it worked in the 99 playoffs and the rookies would get nice seasoning starting and playing against other starters for limited time. Thoughts?

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 04/25/2002 17:29:51]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
4/26/2002  9:58 AM
I agree that Camby is most effective coming off the bench. That way he gets less injuries, brings more of a spark and has a greater impact on the game.

Hopefully he will return to the role he had in the '99 playoffs and '99-00 season. I think it is more than likely that we will take a forward or center with our lotto pick. Starting our pick and bringing MC off the bench will be the best for both players.
We suck.
Camby's Playing Time

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy