Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/26/2005  10:39 AM
Posted by edsonline:

FOR GOD'S SAKE - DRAFT CHRIS TAFT!

if Green and Bynum are gone we have to! unless we're trading other picks and Kurt for a mid 1st rd pick and taking Bynum there
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/26/2005  10:44 AM
Look here, if Isiah doesn't come out of this draft with 2 big men to play the permanently play the Center position next season, I will call for his head immediately.....I don't care who he drafts, as long as they are much taller than what we have, can block shots and rebound, I will be ok with whomever he chooses. I just don't want a freaking guard or a dumb 6'8/6'9 TYPE OF PLAYER....He can go the hell with that.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
5/26/2005  10:50 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Look here, if Isiah doesn't come out of this draft with 2 big men to play the permanently play the Center position next season, I will call for his head immediately.....I don't care who he drafts, as long as they are much taller than what we have, can block shots and rebound, I will be ok with whomever he chooses. I just don't want a freaking guard or a dumb 6'8/6'9 TYPE OF PLAYER....He can go the hell with that.

hmmmmm how often do 20yr old rookie centers play in their 1st year? The only guy out of that crop I can see contributing is Bynum because he already has the body. But he still needs to come a long way to play in the nba footwork wise, defensively, no picking up stupid fouls etc.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/26/2005  11:59 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by crzymdups:

yeah, I was trying to make myself feel better last night, but I really don't want this fat pig. I want Frye, Blatche, Bynum or Warrick.

Fat pig, lol. Geez man you are brutal.

The kid is muscular. You can see it in those pics you posted. He can definately get more solid and gain more muscle weight.

I'm greedy man. I think Isiah needs to push KT on someone and try to get another first round pick. I would love the idea of getting Taft at #8 and Warrick with a mid-round pick, then hope either Blatche or Bynum fall to #30. That would be awesome.
Spree you want him to draft a guy that he or his coaching staff wasn't impress with and if you can be any reports on hoopshype that other GMs weren't impress with either.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/26/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by tapseer:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Taft is still not a bad option imho. If they come to a decision that chris Taft is the best fit both short and LONg term for the Knicks, I live with it and will feel good that we didnt trade the pick for short term gratification.

BUt I dont want to draft for short term gratification either. Just because Chris is more advanced than other bigs today, they must project tomorrow. Its not about next year

I agree with you. Getting Taft is good for us now and in the long term. You can further fortify the pick with either Morris, Bynum, or Frye at 30. What would really be a coup for us wouldbe if IT is able to get an extra pick. I really do hope that Memphis is shopping their pick and that we can acquire it from them. I want Warrick and if we can that pick and he is available, that would be beautiful.

Dude, I don't disagree with the Taft sentiment, but the idea that Bynum, Morris or Frye will be around when we pick 30th is just not accurate. The only way we get one of those guys is to trade up to Memphis' 19th pick. Even then, I can pretty much guarantee you that Frye and Bynum will be long gone. If we REALLY want either Frye or Bynum or Blatche, the place to get them is at 8. Hey, I'd love to get two of them, but it's not gonna happen.

Taft, Bynum, Frye, Blatche will ALL be gone by 16. We have to decide which one of them we want at 8 and take him with no regrets. We can't trade to get two of them, it just won't happen. Toronto is trying to use their 16th pick to move UP to 4.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
5/26/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by tapseer:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Taft is still not a bad option imho. If they come to a decision that chris Taft is the best fit both short and LONg term for the Knicks, I live with it and will feel good that we didnt trade the pick for short term gratification.

BUt I dont want to draft for short term gratification either. Just because Chris is more advanced than other bigs today, they must project tomorrow. Its not about next year

I agree with you. Getting Taft is good for us now and in the long term. You can further fortify the pick with either Morris, Bynum, or Frye at 30. What would really be a coup for us wouldbe if IT is able to get an extra pick. I really do hope that Memphis is shopping their pick and that we can acquire it from them. I want Warrick and if we can that pick and he is available, that would be beautiful.

Dude, I don't disagree with the Taft sentiment, but the idea that Bynum, Morris or Frye will be around when we pick 30th is just not accurate. The only way we get one of those guys is to trade up to Memphis' 19th pick. Even then, I can pretty much guarantee you that Frye and Bynum will be long gone. If we REALLY want either Frye or Bynum or Blatche, the place to get them is at 8. Hey, I'd love to get two of them, but it's not gonna happen.

Taft, Bynum, Frye, Blatche will ALL be gone by 16. We have to decide which one of them we want at 8 and take him with no regrets. We can't trade to get two of them, it just won't happen. Toronto is trying to use their 16th pick to move UP to 4.

I agree 100% those guys will be long gone. Do you know why Toronto wants to move up to 4? so they have a better shot at Green or Paul?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/26/2005  12:14 PM
Supposedly, they covet Green. I think Portland will take Green, but that just shows you Toronto isn't interested in backing out of this draft like some people seem to assume here. They won't give up a future star just to dump Jalen's salary for one year.

Toronto wants to do exactly what we do: grab the best two players available or turn those two picks into a top 4 pick. They have to convince Bosh they're legit before he leaves like Vince and Tracy.
¿ △ ?
Coming to terms with Taft...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy