[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mock Draft - Top 8 (team needs into consideration )
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/31/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by PresIke:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Fran Vazquez to the knicks...hell no!!! havent yall learned that europeans bigs are overrated( lampe weis). id prefer Taft over him

Like, Nowitzki, Gasol, Divac, Sabonis, etc.

This anti-European player thing is silly. I think it can go either way, in terms of who turns out to become a good player or not.
I think the anti-European thing is only fair because the flavor only rose out of the anti-street baller, urban kid back in the late 90s. When Nelly drafted Dirk so early, he was killed by every "expert" but you can't overlook the failure of Darko up to this point especially when the team that drafted him is now being killed by the guy who went 3 picks later.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
5/31/2005  12:00 PM
you know we talk about developing our youth w/playing time, but have you not realized that darko does'nt get that much playing time in motown? not to say that he is or is'nt a bust, just a little tidbit for you guys.
also, lampe is only in his second year and is what 20? while it may be a little more difficult to translate the euro game to the nba, as opposed to the college or even hs game to the nba, it all depends on the player. all my trust is in zeke.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/31/2005  1:41 PM
The way I see the top 10 going right now....

The Hawks trade the no.2 for the no.5 and 13 from the Bobcats.

1. MIL- Bogut
2. CHA- M. Williams
3. POR- Gerald Green
4. NO- Chris Paul
5. ATL- Deron Williams
6. UTA- Fran Vazquez
7. TOR- Danny Granger
8. NYK- Tiago Splitter
9. GS- Channing Frye
10. LAL- Raymond Felton
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/31/2005  3:33 PM
since I can't trust any of the mocks right now...

1) Bogut - Mil can't pass the size up, keeps Des.
2) Paul - atl keeps him.
3) Marvin - NO swaps with POR
4) Green - Por
5) Felton - Cha
6) Deron - Uta
7) Granger - Tor, first wildcard, but my guess is they grab the shooter/scorer to compliment Bosh. Also, they'll try to trade Jalen this summer (to us, I hope).
8) Frye - NYK, it makes sense and I'd be ecstatic
9) Splitter - GSW
10) Taft - LAL
11) Martell Webster - ORL, makes up for Christie trade.
¿ △ ?
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/31/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

2) Paul - atl keeps him.
4) Green - Por
5) Felton - Cha
6) Deron - Uta
7) Granger - Tor, first wildcard, but my guess is they grab the shooter/scorer to compliment Bosh. Also, they'll try to trade Jalen this summer (to us, I hope).
9) Splitter - GSW
10) Taft - LAL
And with the number 8 pick the new york knickerbockers select Channing Frye. The crowd starts a thunderous boo.

I ve seen this guy play. I'm telling you he's all perimeter. A 7ft Kurt Thomas. Has no hops. Truthfully I think this is a smokescreen, I just hope Isiah doesnt fall for it.
daddynel
5/31/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by crzymdups:

2) Paul - atl keeps him.
4) Green - Por
5) Felton - Cha
6) Deron - Uta
9) Splitter - GSW
10) Taft - LAL
And with the number 8 pick the new york knickerbockers select Channing Frye. The crowd starts a thunderous boo.

I ve seen this guy play. I'm telling you he's all perimeter. A 7ft Kurt Thomas. Has no hops. Truthfully I think this is a smokescreen, I just hope Isiah doesnt fall for it.
i agree. from what little i know and have seen about splitter, i'd rather take him.
crzymdups
USA
5/31/2005  4:44 PM
what have you seen of Splitter? Those three minute high light reels? Lemme put together a three minute highlight reel of Frye for you and pretend no one has ever seen him before. You'll be psyched. Except that Frye was playing in the NCAA tournament against future NBA players and Splitter is playing in Europe against backups mainly - as he's a backup.

I dunno, I just have more faith in Frye.
¿ △ ?
daddynel
5/31/2005  11:27 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

what have you seen of Splitter? Those three minute high light reels? Lemme put together a three minute highlight reel of Frye for you and pretend no one has ever seen him before. You'll be psyched. Except that Frye was playing in the NCAA tournament against future NBA players and Splitter is playing in Europe against backups mainly - as he's a backup.

i'm not basing my pick between the two on the "clips" i've seen of him alone. i've actually been reading just about anythiing i could find on him since last year. now i don't know about you, but i've read alot about him and have seen frye play many times. nothing impresses me about frye.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/1/2005  8:31 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by crzymdups:

i'm not basing my pick between the two on the "clips" i've seen of him alone. i've actually been reading just about anythiing i could find on him since last year. now i don't know about you, but i've read alot about him and have seen frye play many times. nothing impresses me about frye.

you tell 'em bro! GO SPLITTY GO!!!!!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/2/2005  2:26 PM
is there no chance of us drafting a center?
all kool aid all the time.
gunsnewing
USA
6/2/2005  3:59 PM
My updated top 8:
1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Marvin
4. New Orleans - Bynum
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Green
8. Knicks - Wright, Webster, Granger, Splitter or Blatche

or

1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Green
4. New Orleans - Marvin
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Bynum

or

1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Green
4. New Orleans - Marvin
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Webster
8. Knicks - Bynum, Wright, Webster, Granger, Splitter or Blatche

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/02/2005 16:23:31]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2005  4:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

My updated top 8:
1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Marvin
4. New Orleans - Bynum
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Green

or

1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Green
4. New Orleans - Marvin
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Bynum

or

1. Milwaukee - Bogut
2. Atlanta - Paul
3. Portland - Green
4. New Orleans - Marvin
5. Charlotte - Deron
6. Utah - Felton
7. Toronto - Webster
8. Knicks - Bynum, Wright, Webster, Granger, Splitter or Blatche

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/02/2005 16:23:31]

guns, your first 2 drafts are strange to me.

The Raps took Rafael Araujo high in the draft and missed completely, and unless Bynum just wows scouts and is a lock potential, then I do not see Toronto taking him.

And NO already has Jamaal Magloire, right? Do they need another big?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
USA
6/3/2005  2:09 AM
New Orleans could really use a PF. they would love to get Marvin but if he gone, unless they take a Splitter or Vazquez or a guy like May, Warrick, Simien as high as 4.....I can see them building around Bynum, especially is he looks great in workouts. Then switch Magliore to PF since he can't block shots anyway or just trade him.

I think the 3rd scenario is the most realistic but it could change drastically if Portland takes Marvin over Green.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/03/2005 02:11:15]
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/3/2005  9:50 AM
Wow... my first post in a while. What's so wrong about Chris Wilcox? He was fabulous to start out the season... then he had a stress reaction in his foot and that took him out of the rotation and slowed him down. He's still incredibly young, shoots a high FG%, causes mismatches w/ his athleticism, and can dunk in traffic.

I personally wouldn't have a problem trading the #8 pick for Wilcox. He's taller and more athletic any any of our big men--- and he's tall enough to play center (although he hasn't been much of a shot blocker in the NBA)...

Regarding Taft: This is from back in February:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05054/461546.stm

HoopsHype.com has Taft going sixth in the draft. Here's what it says about him:

"He is an explosive, long, athletic power forward who is exactly the type to make NBA teams salivate. Sure, his game needs refinement in all areas, but he has a knack of scoring points in the flow of the game and is quick jumper who will block shots."

HoopsHype projects Taft's rookie salary at $2.075 million.

Nbadraft.net has Taft being selected fifth.

It says, "Athletic, big-bodied forward with great potential. Reliable go-to inside threat. ... Quick leaper ... Big soft hands. ... A game changer even when he's not scoring."

collegehoopsnet.com calls Taft a "top-five pick."

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
USA
6/3/2005  10:18 AM
that scouting report must've been written before the season when he was a projected top 5. Before he stunk it up his sophmore year. Isiah was disgusted with him. I trust his judgement. I want a sure fire star with our pick, not the potential bust of the draft. I'll gladly take him if he falls to 30 though
crzymdups
USA
6/3/2005  10:32 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

that scouting report must've been written before the season when he was a projected top 5. Before he stunk it up his sophmore year. Isiah was disgusted with him. I trust his judgement. I want a sure fire star with our pick, not the potential bust of the draft. I'll gladly take him if he falls to 30 though

no way he falls to 30. that scouting report was written objectively, now everyone is afraid to touch Taft because he's a "cancer." Sounds like Amare or something. Every year, great players drop because of their attitudes. See Paul Pierce.

I'm not saying, Draft Taft, Draft Taft. But I am saying, get the kid in here for a private workout. Talk to him one on one. See what he's really like. Don't just follow the herd and proclaim Taft to be a bust before he plays a single game.

Bottom line: Taft has the tools and build most PFs in this draft would kill for. You HAVE to take a good long look at him. He can play center, he can block shots, he can rebound. Maybe he's never had a good trainer. Get him one. See what he can do. I'm against ruling out Taft without bringing him in for a private workout.
¿ △ ?
technomaster
USA
6/3/2005  10:40 AM
Well... just because guys get drafted in the lottery doesn't mean that they'll turn out to be stars or even "useful" players. Wagner/Diop of Cleveland are good examples--- they could be had for a bag of peanuts.

Hey, is anyone annoyed at Isiah Thomas about his late season trades? Dang... the #30 "1st round" pick is a really poor value... 1 pick later, and you don't have to guarantee the guy for 3 years, and not too long ago, that was a 2nd round pick!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/3/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by technomaster:

Well... just because guys get drafted in the lottery doesn't mean that they'll turn out to be stars or even "useful" players. Wagner/Diop of Cleveland are good examples--- they could be had for a bag of peanuts.

Hey, is anyone annoyed at Isiah Thomas about his late season trades? Dang... the #30 "1st round" pick is a really poor value... 1 pick later, and you don't have to guarantee the guy for 3 years, and not too long ago, that was a 2nd round pick!
I prefer pick #30 over a 2nd rd pick. With pick 30, you get the player on a cheap rookie contract and still have his Bird rights. You don't have to worry about being able to re-sign the player and never have to dip into the MLE to re-sign him.
technomaster
USA
6/6/2005  3:36 PM
Well... with 2nd round picks... you can just sign them for 3 year contracts (or 2 years, w/ a 3rd year TEAM option). That's the ideal scenario. Odds are your 2nd round pick won't turn into a superstar (or even make a rotation)... but in the event they do... you're still protected. (tho you'll need to begin paying them 1 year earlier).

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/6/2005  3:54 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Well... with 2nd round picks... you can just sign them for 3 year contracts (or 2 years, w/ a 3rd year TEAM option).
Sure you can, but you have to waste your MLE on it.
Mock Draft - Top 8 (team needs into consideration )

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy