The Knicks have a better shot at Gerald Green
Author Thread
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/24/2005  9:23 PM
Milwaukee needs a big so their gonna draft Bogut

Atlanta has a small forward for the future already so their gonna draft chris paul

Portland will draft Marvin williams

New orleans has a shooting guard so they have no need to draft Deron williams

Charlotte will draft the "North Carolina" guard Raymond Felton

Utah is has a unreliable center in okur so they might draft Fran Vanquez

Toronto also needs bigs so they might draft Frye or Taft, have a reliable shooting guard in Rose

That leaves Green for us

Only teams I am worried about drafting Green is Utah and Toronto
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/24/2005  9:26 PM
you are nutts....remember that they used to have a player by the name of Carter that they have to replace.....Green is young and they have enough time to groom him...Frankly, I am not so sold on that kid Greeen..
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/24/2005  9:27 PM
Posted by diderotn:

you are nutts....remember that they used to have a player by the name of Carter that they have to replace.....Green is young and they have enough time to groom him...Frankly, I am not so sold on that kid Greeen..

why's that?
diderotn
USA
5/24/2005  9:29 PM
Why""??? dude, they may trade Jalen next season, second of all, they already have a pretty good young big man in Bosh...They need a SG/SF who is flashy to be the next Carter.....
gunsnewing
USA
5/24/2005  9:32 PM
sorry I meant why aren't you sold on Green? That 1st clip espn showed of Green flying over the rim for a dunk didn't impress you? why aren't you sold?
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  9:36 PM
whos gonna take Jalen's contract, plus they have a power forward in Bosh playing center. Im just saying theres a chance they take a a big guy instead. Either way we have a better chance that before to get Green
diderotn
USA
5/24/2005  9:39 PM
I am not sold, because I haven't seen enough of him....Anyone can have a couple of good games, but whether or not they are coachable is a different story...You remember a young kid from N.Y by the name of """????? I can't recall his name at this time, he was said to be as good as Lebron in high school, but where is he at now????
gunsnewing
USA
5/24/2005  9:43 PM
Charlotte could use Green to form a hell of a inside/outside tandem with OK4.

Imagine this:
C-Brezec
PF-OK4
SF-Wallace
SG-Green
PG-Knight

WOW!!!!! deep down I think Portland will take Green and Marvin will go 4th to New Orleans
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  9:48 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Imagine this:
C-Brezec
PF-OK4
SF-Wallace
SG-Green
PG-Knight

WOW!!!!! deep down I think Portland will take Green and Marvin will go 4th to New Orleans
Its possible that that happens too. For some reason I see them luring Joe Johnson. But i truly doubt Portland will pass on Marvin Williams. They already have a high schooler that can jump out the gym in Travis Outlaw. Plus I dont think they are ready to be killed in the media for not drafting Marvin.
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/24/2005  9:52 PM

No way does Felton go that high.
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  9:58 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

No way does Felton go that high.
Why not? Every good team has a good center and a good point guard. I know Okafor isnt a center but a good smart point guard can be the thing to get this team alot better alot faster
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/24/2005  10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Gerald Green will go top five. Someone will probably trade up to 4 to get him if he doesn't go third to Portland.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/24/2005  10:29 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I am not sold, because I haven't seen enough of him....Anyone can have a couple of good games, but whether or not they are coachable is a different story...You remember a young kid from N.Y by the name of """????? I can't recall his name at this time, he was said to be as good as Lebron in high school, but where is he at now????
I am not sold on him either. He could be really good, and he could be okay, and then again he could be a bust and be out of the league. That kid who portland drafted qyntel woods was suppossed to be the next t-mac too. High schooler similar body type, and he;s fighting pitbulls or some dumb **** like that. I mean he got kicked off of the jailblazers! How bad do you have to be for that to happen.

I'm just saying pinning hopes on a college player who has played against a next level of competition is alot different than a highschooler who really came high on peoples radar after an all-star game. If isiah picks him I trust him.
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  10:35 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by diderotn:

I am not sold on him either. He could be really good, and he could be okay, and then again he could be a bust and be out of the league. That kid who portland drafted qyntel woods was suppossed to be the next t-mac too. High schooler similar body type, and he;s fighting pitbulls or some dumb **** like that. I mean he got kicked off of the jailblazers! How bad do you have to be for that to happen.

I'm just saying pinning hopes on a college player who has played against a next level of competition is alot different than a highschooler who really came high on peoples radar after an all-star game. If isiah picks him I trust him.
Qyntel woods never had a chance to play. Why do you think Miami signed him soon as he was waived, because he has talent and wasnt given the chance to utilize it. Look at another Portland Trailblazer player Travis Outlaw. I didnt know this guy till i saw him sht on the Knicks. Obviously before he wasnt getting any playing time but when they realized they had no chance of getting to the playoffs they played him.
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  11:03 PM
Does anybody think drafting Martell Webster with the 8th pick makes sense? He is a athletic consistent shooter. I think with Allan gone we can use Webster to take his role.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/24/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I'm looking at the Trailblazers spot and they get screwed. They need a power forward or a shooting guard more than anything.

I seriously doubt they take Marvin Williams. Marvin plays tough but he is a 3 and they already have Darius Miles. I think they might be a good candidate to trade down or possible go with Marvin Willams and trade Darius Miles.

Even with Ariza the Knicks could really use what Darius Miles brings to the table. The penny pinchers in Portland might even take Penny or Timmy in that type of deal.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
5/24/2005  11:11 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Imagine this:
C-Brezec
PF-OK4
SF-Wallace
SG-Green
PG-Knight

guns, i believe knight is a free agent, and he's kind of similar to brevin in his game. smart player, deceptively quick, good passer.
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  11:12 PM
If Brevin Knight can average 9 assist with the Bobcats imagine what Felton can do
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
5/24/2005  11:18 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Atlanta has a small forward for the future already so their gonna draft chris paul

Toronto also needs bigs so they might draft Frye or Taft, have a reliable shooting guard in Rose

That leaves Green for us

vazquez is not a center by any means. and they already have ak47.
Cookdcokehop
USA
5/24/2005  11:21 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

That leaves Green for us

vazquez is not a center by any means. and they already have ak47.
so a 6'11 guy that plays in the post cant be a center?
The Knicks have a better shot at Gerald Green

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy