SG Ray Allen - Michael Redd
PG Sam Cassell - Charlie Ward

New York would then end up with:

C Amare Stoudemire - Joel Pryzbilla
PF Antonio McDyess - Marcus Camby
SF Latrell Sprewell - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - Lavor Postell
PG Mark Jackson - Jiri Welsch

Mark Jackson will start but plays a minimal role as the season progresses since he will be tagged as Assistant Playing Coach (it's a stretch but I can dream can I?) All we have to do now is find a third-tier SF to move Spree to SG if AH sits down ..

[Edited by - DaKidd on 04/24/2002 12:30:32]
AUTOADVERT
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
4/24/2002  12:24 AM
Great trade for us and Denver but I can't see Milwaukee doing this one...
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
4/24/2002  12:45 AM
Posted by VG:

...I can't see Milwaukee doing this one...

Amare could be our starting Center if he grows a couple of inches more .. Let's not forget he's just 18 and if he can grow to 6-11 255lbs then I won't complain ..

This way, Marcus can come off the bench either as C or PF to provide the second unit with hustle and energy ..

Milwaukee, on the other hand, gets rid of two cancers that led to their destruction (Mase and Big Dog) and receives Scott Williams, a hustle guy who Milwaukee regrets letting go off, a 15-10 player in Kurt Thomas and a young prospect in Posey .. It's no secret too that one of the Big Three gets traded .. If you were Milwaukee, who would you rather have? Mase and Big Dog or Kurt Thomas, Scott Williams and James Posey?
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
4/24/2002  7:16 AM
Amare is a PF. No he wont be a center. Center is more than height. he doesnt have a centers game.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/24/2002  9:04 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Amare is a PF. No he wont be a center. Center is more than height. he doesnt have a centers game.
true.
DaKidd
USA
4/24/2002  10:40 AM
Posted by falcindor:

A Center's game can be taught eventually ..

About having a Center's body, he's 18 and there's a lot of room for this kid to grow .. I remember Dennis Rodman said him growing 5-6 inches when he was 18 so having the height will hopefully not be an issue ..

Just think if we were to give him the Starting Spot at Center all we have to expect from him are block shots, rebound and hold his own against the post and while he's doing that he's refinining his game up to the point where he'll be ready to be included in some plays ..

This kid has a huge upside and doesn't have a position in the NBA yet .. It's up to whoever teaches him and guide him that will eventually determine his style of play in the NBA ..
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/24/2002  10:54 AM
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by falcindor:

A Center's game can be taught eventually ..

About having a Center's body, he's 18 and there's a lot of room for this kid to grow .. I remember Dennis Rodman said him growing 5-6 inches when he was 18 so having the height will hopefully not be an issue ..

Just think if we were to give him the Starting Spot at Center all we have to expect from him are block shots, rebound and hold his own against the post and while he's doing that he's refinining his game up to the point where he'll be ready to be included in some plays ..

This kid has a huge upside and doesn't have a position in the NBA yet .. It's up to whoever teaches him and guide him that will eventually determine his style of play in the NBA ..
also true.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
4/24/2002  11:03 AM
Amare is 19 though, I wouldn't expect him to become taller the 6'10" at the most. Would be interestin if he were to become a center, but since he has such great speed it could provide interesting matchups in our favor.

We could look at height with the midlevel exception as well, Jarron Collins is a FA among others.
DaKidd
USA
4/24/2002  12:09 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

We could look at height with the midlevel exception as well, Jarron Collins is a FA among others.

Jerome James from SEA is an interesting player .. He held his own against Tim Duncan although he is foul prone .. Again, with a proper system and proper exposure to PT he could become a solid player .. You can't teach height (7'1 280lbs) of him but you can certainly teach how to become a big man ..
DaKidd
USA
4/24/2002  12:20 PM
My question is: Will the three teams do it though?

The trade works under the cap and is pretty feasible .. I just hope all three teams agree to it ..

Denver's standpoint:

They get younger and get stockpiled in 3 major positions (PF-Gooden, SF-Robinson and SG-Woods) to build for the future .. Also, Robinson and Mason's contract are pretty cheap considering that Dice may want an increase when he is due for an extension in 2003 ..

Milwaukee's standpoint:

They get rid of two cancers on their team, specifically Big Dog and Mason, and they receive defensive minded players in return .. Milwaukee would be getting back fan favorite Scott Williams .. Trading Williams to get Mason was an obvious mistake and this is a chance for Grunfeld to correct that mistake .. Milwaukee also gets two veteran defensive minded players in Kurt Thomas (15-10 guy), a cheap dependable back-up in Othella and Charlie Ward .. The kicker in this deal is SF James Posey who have shown flashes of brilliance this season .. A tandem of Thomas/Posey at the 3 spot is too appealing to ignore the possibility .. Both are young and athletic and can play multi-positions as well ..

New York's standpoint:

They get McDyess who, before his injury, is an All-Star .. He's a risk but it would definitely improve the Knicks with him playing in the (L)east if he regains his form .. New York fans also get Amare Stoudemire, an intriguing young player who many says has a potential that is sky's the limit ..
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
4/24/2002  12:37 PM
I don't see Milawukee doing this deal.
We suck.
DaKidd
USA
4/24/2002  12:41 PM
This may be a stretch but how about doing this trade after the 3-way:

New York trades:
SG Latrell Sprewell
2002 2nd round pick

New York receives:
SF Lamar Odom
2002 1st round pick (NY picks SF Caron Butler)

* We sign Jerome James with our mid-level exception and we'll end up with this ..

C Amare Stoudemire - Jerome James - Joel Pryzbilla
PF Antonio McDyess - Marcus Camby - Amare Stoudemire (if Camby gets injured)
SF Lamar Odom - Caron Butler
SG Allan Houston - Shandon Anderson
PG Mark Jackson - Jiri Welsch - Lamar Odom (during game situations)
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/24/2002  1:38 PM
Even if this deal would work, which I doubt, there is no way the team would depend on Stoudemire as the center. He is a power forward in game only. He has NO center skills, plus his young age. That lineup won't happen.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/24/2002  5:34 PM
The trades are possibilites, but Camby would have to start. You can't put a 19 year old who struggled against other HSers in the McDonald's game into a professional league in the most critical city on earth and expect him to excel. Ultimately, Camby will come off then bench like he did when they went to the Finals, he's much more effective like that.
#Knickstaps
NY/MIL/DEN trade ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy