[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why we shouldnt trade for Ron Artest
Author Thread
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/22/2005  7:48 PM
The Pistons were still shaking their heads at what happened Thursday night as they were on their bus inside the loading-dock area of Conseco Fieldhouse. It was between 11:30 and midnight and the Pistons' bus was about to leave the arena for the airport.

Suddenly, a dark Escalade roared into the loading dock, nearly hitting several people. Out jumped Ron Artest, the Pacers forward who got a seasonlong suspension for his part in the Nov. 19 brawl, according to the DETROIT NEWS.

According to Pistons players on the bus, Artest was wearing an old (and short) pair of shorts. He had no shoes on and, upon getting out of the vehicle, he tore off his T-shirt.

Given the history between Artest and the Pistons, the team's security officials were on high alert. But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout.

"There's something going on there," Ben Wallace said, not wanting to comment further.

Source: Detroit News

Theres something wrong with this guy. I trully feel sorry for him because I dont see him in the NBA that much longer.
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
5/22/2005  8:04 PM
Shades of Dennis Rodman.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/22/2005  8:07 PM
so what the hell was he doing? VERY STRANGE!
Redsoxrule
Member: #897
5/22/2005  8:46 PM
Don't believe everything that you read...especially from a Detroit newspaper! And, believe HALF of what you see.
There is a very convincing side of Ron Artest...did you guys see a recent interview? Maybe he's a con man...maybe I'm naive to believe in him.....but I do. Call me crazy, I'd love to see Artest in a NYK uniform.
We will NEVER win with Marbury as our cameo guy.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/22/2005  9:24 PM
Posted by Redsoxrule:

Don't believe everything that you read...especially from a Detroit newspaper! And, believe HALF of what you see.
There is a very convincing side of Ron Artest...did you guys see a recent interview? Maybe he's a con man...maybe I'm naive to believe in him.....but I do. Call me crazy, I'd love to see Artest in a NYK uniform.
While i would love to see him in a Knick uni, i don't love seeing what we would have to get rid of for him. I think getting him for cheap would be fine, but we're not trading half our future for him and that's probably what would be demanded.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/22/2005  10:14 PM
this is actually a true story. if i was the pacers, id look to trade him. no way would i keep him. i dont think there will be corresponding or additional trouble, because he actually didnt do anything, but that is a formality, it truly appeared to be a case that if ben wallace was outside, there could have been real trouble

the thing is what are you willing to pay for a timebomb? not much and either is anyone else. i hope that isiah doesnt try to play pshcyotherapist here and believe that he can restore someones sanity with our assets. Ill take artest for kurt thomas, thats it. i look at it this way, if KT was gone tomorrow for nothing, wed only be just a little more mediocre, so if I can get ron artest, and he does fck up game 17 and is banned permanently, fine cool. Just like that trade with GS for spree, we gave them a washed up starks mills and cummings. Kurt is better than all 3 of those players in comparison.
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/22/2005  10:40 PM
Who wins a fight between Artest and Ben Wallace?

Man how insane would that be?

I'd bet on Wallace. He wanted Artest so bad in that brawl game, and Artest looked like that was the LAST thing he wanted any part of. I think Stephon Jackson would step up to Big Ben before Artest would. He may be nuts but he's not crazy!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/23/2005  12:54 AM
Just like that trade with GS for spree, we gave them a washed up starks mills and cummings. Kurt is better than all 3 of those players in comparison.

ahhh the genious of Ernie Grunfeld as well as acquiring Camby for an over the hill Oak. of course Checketts fired him! now he gets Jamison and the Wizards make the playoffs!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/23/2005  7:54 AM
I liked Ernie.

Posted by gunsnewing:
Just like that trade with GS for spree, we gave them a washed up starks mills and cummings. Kurt is better than all 3 of those players in comparison.

ahhh the genious of Ernie Grunfeld as well as acquiring Camby for an over the hill Oak. of course Checketts fired him! now he gets Jamison and the Wizards make the playoffs!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/23/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Yeah Ernie was a good GM, I couldn't understand it at first, but that Camby trade was a good move. I almost friggin cried though, I was so mad at first.

BUt I would make a move for Ron Artest, if it was cheap.
Why we shouldnt trade for Ron Artest

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy