[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

waiting on word for chris taft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/21/2005  6:07 PM
ive been prowling the insider of the pitt pen, there are many in the know. the only thing i have thats up to date is that he had hurt his back at some point during the offseason workouts. its pretty quiet otherwise.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/21/2005  6:11 PM
I really hope he's in good shape and does really well in workouts. we need a frontcourt player for Marbury in the worst way
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
5/22/2005  3:54 AM
If he's hurt that actually helps us. Teams ahead of NYK may take someone else instead and he could drop to 8.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/22/2005  9:50 AM
Posted by edsonline:

If he's hurt that actually helps us. Teams ahead of NYK may take someone else instead and he could drop to 8.

I don't know if that's good news or bad news.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/22/2005  10:22 AM
Posted by edsonline:

If you believe the mocks he was already available at that spot. If he is hurt he could drop to the late lottery. GMs already concern about his work ethic.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by edsonline:

If you believe the mocks he was already available at that spot. If he is hurt he could drop to the late lottery. GMs already concern about his work ethic.

no way! if that was the case Mcgrady wouldn't have gone #9 overall. Taft is going to be a lottery pick for the fact that he is a massive 6-10 260 skilled bigman who can play both ends of the floor and blocks shots. He was a beast inside in the NCAA tournament which is what matters most to Scouts. Tell me how is he going to drop....ooops nevermind I thought you said he was going to drop to the late first round lol He'll go in the top 10 for sure. Its most likely a minor injury..I wouldn't be worried about minor injuries with 20yr olds. The only thing that will hurt him is if he comes into camp looking like Shawn Kemp and weighing 300LBS. I'm anxious to see if he's been working hard on conditioning himself. That could be the difference in where you are drafted

Just look at this ESPN scouting report keywordS HAS GREAT STRENGTH, impressive footwork, posts up. He can use a bigman coach like Aguirre to stay on him and make him a tough as nails player and get the most out of his rebounding and shotblocking skills!...

Scouting Report: A quick and agile athlete at 6-10 ... Has the strength that most athletic big man tend to lack ... Great instincts as a scorer and passer on the interior ... Does not press in the post, and limits himself to good shots ... A solid scorer with his back to the basket, with impressive footwork and execution ... Has a good face-up game ... A quality rebounder and shot-blocker, though not an exceptional one considering his physical ability ... A smart player, limits turnovers ... Has a NBA future, the only question is how good can he be ... As long as he develops an assertiveness and develops his strength, he should be fine.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/22/2005 11:12:09]
BRIGGS
5/22/2005  12:18 PM
which NCAA tournamanet was this? he played Ok in game 1 and they got beat by a obscure team with no one over 6-8. Chris was up and down all year, no improvement from y-1, the 260 is it real weight or is weight he put on that shouldnt be there? he was much more mobile and active in y1.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  12:35 PM
that 26pts on 12-17 shooting, 11rebs, 4blks game against Notre Dame was very impressive. I don't think him being overweight is a concern. He just needs Aguirre to kick is you know what. It's not like he needs to lose an impossible 30LBS like Sweetney. He just needs NBA level conditioning. He's going to be a rookie on a veteran team with guys like malik, jerome, or KT around he won't be have an ego. We have to consider him because there's a good chance that we'll stay around picks 7,8,9 & 10 and Green and Bynum might be gone. I rather draft Taft with his upside than a 7footer who has no business being in the lottery or a safe pick like Warrick or May.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/22/2005  12:42 PM
How is losing 30 lbs impossible? If the average Joe like me can to it and did it in the past, then how can't Sweetney? That's the first thing. Second thing, if Aguirre can't get in the heads of guy like Tim Thomas, what makes you think he'll get in Tafts head. He has a similar attitude.
And speaking of laziness. If he he's lazy, how is he not gonna be lazy if basically the whole team is lazy on defense. We need to stay away from the guy.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
5/22/2005  12:48 PM
[quote]
Posted by gunsnewing:

that 26pts on 12-17 shooting, 11rebs, 4blks game against Notre Dame was very impressive. I don't think him being overweight is a concern. He just needs Aguirre to kick is you know what. It's not like he needs to lose an impossible 30LBS like Sweetney. He just needs NBA level conditioning. He's going to be a rookie on a veteran team with guys like malik, jerome, or KT around he won't be have an ego. We have to consider him because there's a good chance that we'll stay around picks 7,8,9 & 10 and Green and Bynum might be gone. I rather draft Taft with his upside than a 7footer who has no business being in the lottery or a safe pick like Warrick or May.

He only had 3 exceptional games all year out of 33. Now he shot a high FG %, but is he going to be able to get those same types of looks in the nBA--and I mean point blank put backs dunks of penetration
His FT $ is poor, his shooting form is poor, his rebounding should be better

Of course he has positives, he has nice length, he has good athletic ability--not great, hes got a good structure, power. But I fear Kwame Brown syndrome here. Play good every other game, every three games, look lost out there at times, dont live up to potential because of poor work habits. Shouldnt chris Taft be better than he is?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15478

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15478
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/22/2005  1:01 PM
I dont want to give the impression that I think that Chris will be a sure fire bust either. But I think he has something to prove. you know Emeka had a bad back his WHOLE junior year--he got hurt in game 4, but still had the work ethic and desire to play through it. If Chris is hurt, but not badly, you want to see him work through it, come in at a hard 245-250 and show improvement in areas of fundamentals and going all out. for him to be of value to the Knicks means he has to play hard EVERY game--Trevor Ariza plays HARD every game--you have to put him through 2-3 hard workouts--see what he will do. get him tired and see if he moves.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/22/2005  1:55 PM
this is the type of player that will fall to a team like the nets, and then will make everyone eat crow b/c jkidd will make him look like a stud.

i would stay as far away as possible. with SO much talent in this draft (not superstar but quality player potential), we can pass on attitude and work ethic questionable players.
gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

How is losing 30 lbs impossible? If the average Joe like me can to it and did it in the past, then how can't Sweetney? That's the first thing. Second thing, if Aguirre can't get in the heads of guy like Tim Thomas, what makes you think he'll get in Tafts head. He has a similar attitude.
And speaking of laziness. If he he's lazy, how is he not gonna be lazy if basically the whole team is lazy on defense. We need to stay away from the guy.

I'm just saying its harder for a guy who is severely overweight like Sweetney than a guy like Taft who isn't overweight but could use some conditioning.
gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

this is the type of player that will fall to a team like the nets, and then will make everyone eat crow b/c jkidd will make him look like a stud.

i would stay as far away as possible. with SO much talent in this draft (not superstar but quality player potential), we can pass on attitude and work ethic questionable players.

nah no way Taft will be there at 15, if it did happen the Nets would be thrilled! I can see Sean May on the Nets next year or even Bynum. Imagine that frontline!
C-Bynum
PF-Kristic
BRIGGS
5/22/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by djsunyc:

nah no way Taft will be there at 15, if it did happen the Nets would be thrilled! I can see Sean May on the Nets next year or even Bynum. Imagine that frontline!
C-Bynum
PF-Kristic

Nets are in GOOD position. My bet is Sean May is a Net in the draft and a player like Brad Miller comes in for Richard Jefferson.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ira
Member: #91
5/22/2005  4:17 PM
If a player underachieves in college, he usually underachieves even more in the NBA. Looks like Tarzan; _________ .
gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by Ira:

If a player underachieves in college, he usually underachieves even more in the NBA. Looks like Tarzan; _________ .

too many factors go into it. How he performs in the tournament and how his coach uses him. They had a nice guard who won't even make the nba but in a guard oriented college game was their go to guy. Those things plus the fact that he is only a Sophmore are the reasons I like Taft. I'm leaning towards Bynum right now but there's a good chance he'll be gone as well as Green unless some other player wows Isiah Taft would be a great pick with his size and potential and under Aguirre. We need to get Marbury a frontcourt player in the worst way
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/22/2005  4:44 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Ira:

We need to get Marbury a frontcourt player in the worst way

Ditto. If he's half way decent Marbs can get him 12 points a game on putbacks and drive n dumps.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/22/2005  9:21 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Ira:

too many factors go into it. How he performs in the tournament and how his coach uses him. They had a nice guard who won't even make the nba but in a guard oriented college game was their go to guy. Those things plus the fact that he is only a Sophmore are the reasons I like Taft. I'm leaning towards Bynum right now but there's a good chance he'll be gone as well as Green unless some other player wows Isiah Taft would be a great pick with his size and potential and under Aguirre. We need to get Marbury a frontcourt player in the worst way

I still have my sights set for Hakim Warrick right now although i wouldn't be disappointed with Taft. He's a great prospect with great potential. Had Wilcox turned out to be a superstar i would be more up to the idea, but right now i'm torn. Warrick still isn't considered a lottery pick because he's a tweener. I think he's a good tweener because when it's all said and done i see him having the talent, skills, and athletic ability to play on the perimeter, but the post game, hopefully the strength, as well as being one of the most athletic forwards in the game to be able to play the 4. If we are big at the 3 and 5, Warrick can easily play the 4. Having him alongside someone like Tim Thomas and maybe Z would be dangerous.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/22/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Ira:

It is no shame to fall to the late lottery. It all depends on workouts, and with the amount of talent coming out and entering this year, I would say getting drafted in the 1st round this year is a good honor. I think Taft, Villanueva, and even Green need to shake this notion that scouts have placed on them by going all out at every workout. This is where a guy like Bogut excels, scouts already know that this guy work ethic is top notch and not just because he is trying to go high in the draft. I remember the same motivation problems were said about Kwame Brown but he put on strong workouts for the Wizards and fooled Jordan but reverted back to his same old habits.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
waiting on word for chris taft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy