[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

last topic of the day Kurt Thomas for Marquis Daniels ?
Author Thread
tapseer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #698
5/21/2005  8:16 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by EwingsGlass:

I trust Mark Aguirre's ability to work with any underperforming big man. However, I am not sure Damps has the work ethic to make it work, so I would rather go after someone else. My problem with Marqis Daniels for KT is that we would get that much smaller. Then who plays center? Sweetney?

good point. thats why Damp would be a nice addition but is he worth giving up TT's expire Contract for?....Maybe? especially since they're also giving us Daniels

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/21/2005 15:38:09]

Damps is not worth it. If we're not happy with TT not putting it together every night, we're definitely not going like Damps play. Plus he comes with that big ass contract. I like the idea of getting Z though. We almost had Z and Drew Gooden last season for KT, but Cleveland got cold feet pending the sale of the team. KT has value to other clubs. We just shouldn't settle for anything that comes our way. Z is a free agent, he is looking for an apartment in NY, who knows, we might be able to get him still.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/21/2005  10:09 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Vmart:

Can I add Marbury in there for Jason Terry and their number one too.

whats the point? at least Marbury doesn't lollygag like Terry. How is that an upgrade. Terry plays slightly more controlled than Crawford.

The pick. thats the important part of the deal. The Knicks need more picks to increase team youth and athleticism at center.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/21/2005  10:31 PM
Kurt is blocking Sweetney's development, and his presence could prevent the Knicks from taking the BPA, if that player is a PF. I would definitely do this deal.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/21/2005  10:37 PM
I really like Marquis's game, it would make for an excellent 3 guard rotation for the Knicks. I'm a big Kurt Thomas fan and I think he is often made the scapegoat for the Knick woes way too often. With that being said, the Knicks won't win anything as long as Kurt is the best frontcourt player and with this Knicks roster he is so Zeke should be looking for whatever best value he can get in return for KT. Daniels fits that criteria for me.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
5/21/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Vmart:

Can I add Marbury in there for Jason Terry and their number one too.

whats the point? at least Marbury doesn't lollygag like Terry. How is that an upgrade. Terry plays slightly more controlled than Crawford.

The pick. thats the important part of the deal. The Knicks need more picks to increase team youth and athleticism at center.
I'm all for getting draft picks, and I am not that crazy about Marbury as our point guard. That being said, 99% you can't make up the difference between Marbury and Terry with a mid 20s pick; not every pick is going to be good, let alone ever develop into a bench role player. on top of that, i'm pretty sure Dallas doesn't have a pick at all this year.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/22/2005  12:38 AM
Yes and a second rounder.

Damp? Nah, there are cheaper, younger players that can do what he does. Taft could concievably come in and be as good as Dampier or better. No need to ttrade for him. If we get one of these overpaid stiffs I'd rather Jerome James, he's cheaper and hes more skilled as crazy as that sounds.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/22/2005  1:37 AM
At 6'6" I would definitely welcome trading Kurt for Marquis Daniel...When he played under the coach prior to Avery, that boy did really well. Josh Howard is a much better defender than him, but a change of scenery for both players would do wonder to their abilities...Dallas really needs Kurt, and N.Y can definitely need a player like Marquis Daniels. Top that with Antonio Daniels to backup Marburry at the point or a guy like Stevy Blake or Juan Dixon to solidify the defense in the back court, we would be just fine...At this point, one thing that Isiah has to strongly consider is reducing our payroll. We have too many moribond in our roster that are not worth the paycheck that they are collecting...
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/22/2005  8:10 AM
What would you rather do: Trade Kurt for Marquis Daniels or for Spoon and pick #23 from Houston? In other words, would you rather get Marquis Daniels or pick #23? (Spoon can just be waived.)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/22/2005  10:18 AM
I would offer Dallas 2 trades:
KT for Daniels straight up. No picks or anything else.

The other deal would be KT and pick 8 for Bradley and Josh Howard. I think Bradley would play a nice role on a team with no height and if you told me I could draft Josh Howard with the 8th pick I would jump at the chance.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/22/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

What would you rather do: Trade Kurt for Marquis Daniels or for Spoon and pick #23 from Houston? In other words, would you rather get Marquis Daniels or pick #23? (Spoon can just be waived.)
I'd rather pick #23, there will be a big available there, maybe warrick slips. Maybe frye, i'd rather get a young big and try and sign Stackhouse to play the 2 for us.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/23/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

any takers, does make sense for us!

i don't know how many trade proposals i posted earlier in the season w/KT going to DAL & you were telling me the Mavs would have no interest or use for KT.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/23/2005  12:14 PM
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/23/2005  12:22 PM
thanks for keeping count
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
last topic of the day Kurt Thomas for Marquis Daniels ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy