[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would anyone consider trading Marbs?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2005  2:22 PM
I love Marbs and would hate to have to trade him again. You know if Marbs were traded the media will tear him apart. They would torch Isiah too.

Still their are some serious options. Marbury is a big time talent and he surely will find plenty of takers via trade.

Damon Stoudamire is a free agent. He could step in and push the ball and ignite the fast pace offense that Isiah wants to bring to NY. Damon proved last year that he can still fill it up and he is definately a threat from 3.

Marquis Daniels might be available since Avery Johnson is coaching. Avery likes to play his vets and would love to throw KT out there to spell Dirk and Damp.

Jason Williams is available too. The guy is injury prone but he is a wizard with that ball. He has all the skills to become the best and I think he is close to realizing it.

These are just some thoughts I'm throwing out.....What you guys think?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
5/21/2005  2:29 PM
Marbs might not have what it takes to lead a team to a ring, and I agree that you've got to look at every option, but trading Marbs now is a bad idea because his stock is just so low right now. He was the franchise player on a team that went lottery. What we need is a real coach - Nate, please come to NY! - and then Marbs & co. will at least have a decent season. Once Marbs leads a team into the playoffs his trade stock will rise, then we could think about it if trading him was part of a larger plan. Right now, our only player whose trade value is inflated is Kurt, so I think we should trade him ASAP before the league reassesses him.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/21/2005  2:31 PM
what we need is a real coach like you said but most importantly a frontcourt player who actually knows how to play basketball for Marbury to pass to! Then we'll actually make the playoffs!
EnySpree

5/21/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

what we need is a real coach like you said but most importantly a frontcourt player who actually knows how to play basketball for Marbury to pass to! Then we'll actually make the playoffs!

I personally would rather the Knicks try to find a big man that hit's the boards and scores. That would be the best thing but who? That's the age old question. It's not like you can apply for a scoring big man at the "Post" Office, lol

A proven 20/10 guy like Zack Randolph could be available but guys here have already sent that idea to hell. Zack is still on his rookie contract and if Portland is that annoyed with him maybe a draft pick would be enough to get him.

I was messing with RealGM.com and came up with.......
Lorenzen Wright, Posey and J-Will for Marbs and KT.
They get to fill out the roster with a younger group....the roster would simply be easier to manage. There would be room for draft picks with Penny and Timmy looking like after thoughts.

I think Pau needs a body guard and KT is like the opposite of Pau because he's is a good scorer down low but can't rebound where KT can't score inside but will hit from outside and rebound with the best of them.

Just a thought.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/21/2005  3:02 PM
I would consider trading MArbury. I would like to see the Knicks go in a another direction. Get a PG who is more into passing and getting teammates involved. A PG who trusts his teamamtes more. Sort of like Arroyo or bring in some one else that has team attitude. Because one thing I realize is that with MArbury and Crawford around the Knicks will always be a perimeter oriented team. They jack up tomany shots between the two and the inside players don't get the opportunity to make things happen down low. I like Marbury but it won't work with him and Crawford I would rather see the NYK backcourt get dimantled all together and maybe bring in a Ray Allen and Arroyo back court. I think it would be more steady and it would promote team play.
gunsnewing
USA
5/21/2005  3:03 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I personally would rather the Knicks try to find a big man that hit's the boards and scores. That would be the best thing but who? That's the age old question. It's not like you can apply for a scoring big man at the "Post" Office, lol

A proven 20/10 guy like Zack Randolph could be available but guys here have already sent that idea to hell. Zack is still on his rookie contract and if Portland is that annoyed with him maybe a draft pick would be enough to get him.

I was messing with RealGM.com and came up with.......
Lorenzen Wright, Posey and J-Will for Marbs and KT.
They get to fill out the roster with a younger group....the roster would simply be easier to manage. There would be room for draft picks with Penny and Timmy looking like after thoughts.

I think Pau needs a body guard and KT is like the opposite of Pau because he's is a good scorer down low but can't rebound where KT can't score inside but will hit from outside and rebound with the best of them.

Just a thought.

Chris Taft 6-10 260 - was a beast inside in the NCAA Tournament
or Bynum 7-1 290 but it would take him a few yrs
or Splitter 7-0 240
or Channing Frye 7-0 245

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/21/2005 15:05:23]
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/21/2005  11:49 PM
Why trade the best player on the team? Marbury makes lay-ups look so easy. Lay-ups on centers as well. Breaks down the defense with his penetration ability. These type of players arent easy to come by. Instead of trying to trade Marbury we need to look at our weakness. Defense and Height and Athleticism in the front court. All he needs is to be surrounded by good players. Remember the time when we had Eisley and Ward, everybody would always say the knicks need a point guard, we finally have one and yall want to trade him away.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/22/2005  12:26 AM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Why trade the best player on the team? Marbury makes lay-ups look so easy. Lay-ups on centers as well. Breaks down the defense with his penetration ability. These type of players arent easy to come by. Instead of trying to trade Marbury we need to look at our weakness. Defense and Height and Athleticism in the front court. All he needs is to be surrounded by good players. Remember the time when we had Eisley and Ward, everybody would always say the knicks need a point guard, we finally have one and yall want to trade him away.
Agreed. I would consider it, but the teams that could do it, wont make us better in any way. I'd rather try to get us some athletic bigs for him to work with. Trading Marbury is a step backward. It would be nothing more than short sightedness.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/22/2005  1:35 AM
Posted by Vmart:

I would consider trading MArbury. I would like to see the Knicks go in a another direction. Get a PG who is more into passing and getting teammates involved. A PG who trusts his teamamtes more. Sort of like Arroyo or bring in some one else that has team attitude. Because one thing I realize is that with MArbury and Crawford around the Knicks will always be a perimeter oriented team. They jack up tomany shots between the two and the inside players don't get the opportunity to make things happen down low. I like Marbury but it won't work with him and Crawford I would rather see the NYK backcourt get dimantled all together and maybe bring in a Ray Allen and Arroyo back court. I think it would be more steady and it would promote team play.
Team play is overrated, especially in the playoffs. Detroit is the only team still left in the playoffs who can say that they are using teamwork. Hell, even the current MVP is starting to play more worthy of that honor by just taking over the games by himself. LOL, forget that passing stuff, we got to win this game. btw, Mark Jackson was that type of guy. Got Ewing the ball right where he wanted with not that much to show for it.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Ira
Member: #91
5/22/2005  3:00 AM
I would consider trading Marbury for a proven player at the same or a different position that was younger. The motivation for the trade would have to be to make the team better and younger.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/22/2005  10:41 AM
Posted by Ira:

I would consider trading Marbury for a proven player at the same or a different position that was younger. The motivation for the trade would have to be to make the team better and younger.
and you wont get that.
EnySpree

5/22/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Ira:

and you wont get that.

The Knicks suck. They truly do. Marbury needs help....period. How can the Knicks get an upgrade at the 3, 4, and 5?

I don't think there is a team out there that would trade a big for a small, even if Marbs is one of the best at his position.

Say Isiah can sign Damon Stoudamire for the mid-level exemption.....would anybody be down to trade Marbs then? And for who?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/22/2005  12:35 PM
Will you people get Damnn Stoudemire out of your head? He's the guy Isiah would love, but is so not right for the team right now. Would Nate Robinson be any worse in the long run? Prolly not. Damon is a good player, don't get me wrong. But it's time that we stop going for these vets, unless if it's for cheap. It's time we stop going for more fowards until we trade someone, and I really think we might have to consider trading Marbury, for the sake of the future. Not b/c he sucks, b/c he is awesome and has done everything he can. But we need to do something like put CRAWFORD at PG, draft a SG/SF (Or trade for one) and get that big man or 2 that we so desperately need. And if Nate Robsinson is available at 30, then get him.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/22/2005  1:52 PM
although there are many questions about marbury's leadership abilities, he's still an elite nba talent. all those previous teams that moved him, had young stars in waiting before they shipped him out. if we move him, we have nothing in the wings like amare or kmart.

a valid question is will he still be worth it when we finally do assemble a squad, which is 3 years away? and by worth it, i mean can he still physically be able to go? will he still be the main player? but that's years away.

gunsnewing
USA
5/22/2005  2:13 PM
Team play is overrated, especially in the playoffs. Detroit is the only team still left in the playoffs who can say that they are using teamwork. Hell, even the current MVP is starting to play more worthy of that honor by just taking over the games by himself. LOL, forget that passing stuff, we got to win this game. btw, Mark Jackson was that type of guy. Got Ewing the ball right where he wanted with not that much to show for it.

Great point! We must find Marbury that frontcourt player!
EnySpree

5/22/2005  2:17 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

a valid question is will he still be worth it when we finally do assemble a squad, which is 3 years away? and by worth it, i mean can he still physically be able to go? will he still be the main player? but that's years away.

That's a big question.

Can Isiah get the right pieces here? Not in 3 years....he has to get it done by the start of season after next. Marbs is no spring chicken. He's had ankle problems before. If Isiah is gonna make a play to make the Knicks respectable again he has to do it now.

It's all good to repair the future with youth but the Knicks window as far as Marbury being the bulldog he is is very small. We can't be looking at Marbury at 32 trying to be the Marbury he is now.

3,4,5 has to be filled soon. I hope it can get done. If it doesn't trading Marbs is an option.
Redsoxrule
Member: #897
5/22/2005  3:44 PM
Wanna get better, Knick fans? Trade Marbury? In a heartbeat. Finding a trading partner with the right package for us is the challenge. That truly may not exist at this time.
We will NEVER win with Marbury as our cameo guy.
Would anyone consider trading Marbs?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy