[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now that Seattle is out of the playoffs.......................
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2005  7:09 AM
Will Isiah make a strong push at acquiring McMillan? He did a fantastic job this season and I also think that he would do an excellent job in N.Y. However, giving the way things are going in N.Y., Herb does believe that he will be back next season. I don't know, maybe McMillan or Isiah will come out and surprise everyone by announcing that N.Y will have a new head coach....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2005  8:25 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/46836.htm

May 19, 2005 -- Sometime late tonight, Nate McMillan could become the newest hot coaching free agent on the NBA market and the latest to draw Isiah Thomas' lust.
The Sonics are one loss away from playoff elimination, trailing the Spurs 3-2 in their second-round battle. Thomas knows McMillan is a longshot with Phil Jackson, with indications he wants to stay put in Seattle.

However, money talks and Thomas already has an in. He and McMillan share the same agent, Lonnie Cooper. Undoubtedly, Thomas will call Cooper and the Sonics to gauge interest when Seattle's season ends.

Recent reports from Seattle estimated McMillan would seek a contract starting at $4 million per. Since the Knicks were willing to give Jackson $10 million per, they might get a bargain in McMillan and still outbid the Sonics. Seattle also could be in a disorganized state since its GM Rick Sund, too, is not under contract.

McMillan could be the last man standing in the way of Herb Williams getting the permanent job. The Knick search could last anywhere from another week to another month, sources said, depending partly on Jackson, who said Saturday he may need until mid-June to decide.

Spurs assistant P.J. Carlesimo is still in the mix, but it appears the Knicks have been rebuffed regarding meeting with him a second time, as San Antonio is immersed in the playoffs. Flip Saunders and Maurice Cheeks appear the only other semi-serious candidates, as the Knicks believe Larry Brown won't coach next season.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2005  8:30 AM
this article is old..
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2005  8:34 AM
Posted by diderotn:

this article is old..
It came out yesterday
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2005  8:44 AM
This topic is old, its in the sticky.

Ira
Member: #91
5/20/2005  9:57 AM
Isaiah made a point of saying (about a monthor so ago) something to the effect that Williams and McMillan were two of the young intelligent coaches in the game. I think he's going for McMillan if he's available.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/20/2005  10:25 AM
not sure if anyone posted this about Nate & Seattle- but they largely made do with a guard oriented offense- none of their bigs (4&5) are necessarily that good.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/20/2005  10:29 AM
as long as he will play & develop our young players. Thats all I'm looking for at this point. I'd be a little worried because he's still a relatively unproven coach unlike Phil. Phil never has to worry about job security. He's gonna play his best players and get the most out of each one and each will have their roles. Nate or any other coach for that matter will always be under the microscope, especially coaching this flawed team. But Nate did have Seattle playing hard againt the Spurs without Rashard so maybe he can get the most out if our team since we'll have some talent and hopefully a great draft.

I'm really warming up to Nate. If we lose out on them I really hope Isiah remembers Pitino otherwise I'm gonna have to go remind him myself at the garden!
franco12
USA
5/20/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

as long as he will play & develop our young players. Thats all I'm looking for at this point. I'd be a little worried because he's still a relatively unproven coach unlike Phil.

I don't think you can call Nate unproven

Career in five years is 212 wins, 183 losses- .537% winning percentage.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/20/2005  12:57 PM
Posted by franco12:

not sure if anyone posted this about Nate & Seattle- but they largely made do with a guard oriented offense- none of their bigs (4&5) are necessarily that good.
Yeah and they pushed a series to 6 without 2 of their best players. They definitely overachieved imo. Hes gotta get alot of credit for that.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/20/2005  1:28 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by gunsnewing:

as long as he will play & develop our young players. Thats all I'm looking for at this point. I'd be a little worried because he's still a relatively unproven coach unlike Phil.

my point is with a team with very little talent especially in the frontcourt like the Knicks if things don't go well the coach is going to get all the blame as usual eventhough he's a good coach. A guy like Phil would never get the blame becuase he has 9 rings whereas Nate has 0 making him an unproven coach. But I agree Nate is a very good coach. I would love to have him

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/21/2005 11:30:44]
franco12
USA
5/20/2005  6:32 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by franco12:
Posted by gunsnewing:

my point is with a team with very little talent especially in the frontcourt like the Knicks if things do go well the coach is going to get all the blame as usual eventhough he's a good coach. A guy like Phil would never get the blame becuase he has 9 rings whereas Nate has 0 making him an unproven coach. But I agree Nate is a very good coach. I would love to have him

True- by and large that's why I'm leaning towards the opinion that if you can't get Phil, keep Herb
Now that Seattle is out of the playoffs.......................

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy