C Marcus Camby
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Charlie Ward

New York receives:
SG Ray Allen
SF Tim Thomas
PF Jason Caffey
Draft rights for Amare Stoudemire

Grunfeld gets three players which he is fond of (Spree, Camby and Ward) and gets Shandon to replace Thomas .. Milwaukee gets its homegrown superstar in Spree plus it complements Robinson's up-tempo game ..

The only good thing about this deal is that we get Tim Thomas and Amare Stoudemire at the same time ..

Then we do these series of deals ..

Trade with Chicago

New York trades:
SG Ray Allen

New York receives:
Draft Rights to Yao Ming
2002 2nd round pick
SF Eddie Robinson
Fillers

Chicago gets its legit superstar to complement Jalen Rose and the Toddlers and all Chicago would have to give up is an unproven player in Yao and some picks and fillers (Fizer? Hassell?) in the process ..

Trade with Utah

New York trades:
PG Howard Eisley
PF Othella Harrington

New York receives:
C Greg Ostertag
Future draft pick considerations

Utah receives a tandem of a PG and a cheap PF to compliment Karl and Stockton .. Eisley knows Sloan's system very well and Harrington's contracts is very appealing .. All Utah would have to give up is a disgruntled Center who he has bouts with the head coach of the team ..

Then hopefully we can nab Dajuan Wagner in the draft and that would make for a complete offseason .. I'd forgive Layden if all this came true ..

Knicks 2002/2003

C Yao Ming - Greg Ostertag
PF Kurt Thomas - Amare Stoudemire
SF Tim Thomas - Eddie Robinson (6th man)
SG Allan Houston - Trenton Hassel
PG Dajuan Wagner - Mark Jackson
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/21/2002  3:42 PM
Where'd you hear this? I'm sorry, but i don't see it happening. We're left without a center and too many swingmen once again.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
4/21/2002  4:19 PM
Interesting...where are these rumors coming from?
We suck.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
4/21/2002  4:33 PM
I don't think it would happen though. I know Milawukee wants to change thins but they'd be giving up a lot for, basically, Latrell Sprewell. And I think Big Dog is the player they will look to move before Ray Allen.

Also, I'm not too sure about the Chicago deal. If the Bulls got Yao, I think they would want to hold on to him, or at least get more than Ray Allen in exchange. Having them throw in another pick and E-Rob. I don't know if that trade would work either. I know Robinson's contract is pretty big, but I think Allen's is a lot bigger, like double.

As for the final deal you mentioned, Utah has two good backup point guards in LaRue and Crotty, and is unlikely to want Eisley back. Harrington they probably would want, but giving up Ostertag would leave them with Amaechi as the backup center. They would want to give up Tag's contract, but getting Eisley's in return means they may not do this. Good deal for us though.
We suck.
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
4/21/2002  4:50 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Where'd you hear this? I'm sorry, but i don't see it happening. We're left without a center and too many swingmen once again.

Here's the link ..

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/21/sports/basketball/21NBAA.html
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
4/21/2002  4:51 PM
I know the whole thing is quite a stretch but here are the reasons why I think UTA and MIL will do the deals ..

Why MIL does it? Obviously, the team lacks a vocal leader which will rally his teammates when they're down .. They didn't get that in Allen, Robinson, or Cassell .. Like the Knicks, MIL needs major changes and what better way to do it than have another team in need of change, the Knicks, to deal with ..

In comes Sprewell, the Milwaukee native, who will play his heart out for the team .. MIL also gets Camby and Ward, 2 players that Grunfeld is absolutely infatuated with .. Proof of that is the way trade talks regarding the two have surfaced the last trading deadline ..

All in all, MIL gets an on-court leader in Spree, an energy guy off the bench in Camby and a steady back-up PG whose contract runs out in 2 years in Ward .. All they give up is a soft superstar in Allen, an inconsistent Thomas, a bench player who is in the doghouse in Jason Caffey and their pick ..

Milwaukee's line-up after the trade:

C Ervin Johnson - Joel Pryzbilla
PF Anthony Mason - Marcus Camby
SF Glenn Robinson - Shandon Anderson
SG Latrell Sprewell - Michael Redd
PG Sam Cassell - Charlie Ward

This is a line-up which is a combination of offense (Robinson, Spree, and Cassell) and defensive intensity (Johnson, Mason, Camby, Anderson and Spree), something MIL lacks which led them to self-destruct this season ..

The relationship between Grunfeld, Layden and the Knicks shouldn't also be overlooked ..

This is the same reason why I think MIL wouldn't want to deal with CHI for the obvious reason that CHI has no available players with the same kind of intensity that Spree and Camby brings to offer to MIL ..

Why CHI does it? It has been said that CHI is willing to trade their pick they can get a bonafide superstar in return .. Allen would definitely compliment Jalen Rose's slashing game .. Krause has two go-to-guys now .. Giving up Eddie Robinson, who never got to prove his contract's worth is a no-brainer for Krause since he has the knack of giving up players that he admit were mistakes, case in point, Ron Mercer ..

Chicago's line-up after the trade:

C Eddy Curry - Dalibor Bagaric
PF Tyson Chandler - Marcus Fizer
SF Jalen Rose - "FA agent"
SG Ray Allen - Trenton Hassell
PG Jamal Crawford - Travis Best

Why UTA does it? To get rid of Osstertag period .. Eisley's contract is horrible but he knows Sloan's system better than any other back-up PG in the league .. Eisley could ease the transition if Stockton decides to hang it up ..

Getting a cheap and serviceable PF in Harrington helps too .. Harrington is an excellent back-up PF for Malone .. Having Othella around gives the Jazz another post-up PF threat which they do not have right now ..

Utah's line-up after the trade:

C Jarron Collins - John Amaechi
PF Karl Malone - Othella Harrington
SF Andrei Kirilenko - Donyell Marshall
SG Bryon Russell - Deshawn Stevenson
PG John Stockton - Howard Eisley

Knicks 2002/2003

SG Allan Houston - Lavor Postell

All in all, no team gets screwed .. Everybody gets what they want and the Knicks tremendously builds for the future ..

If Ming, Stoudemire and Wagner live up to their potentials then we're set for a long, long time .. Intriguing part here is having Eddie Robinson come off the bench, from where he flourished when he was in CHA ..
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/21/2002  4:52 PM
I like the first trade, but none of the others. And whoever said it was right, Milwaukee is looking to deal Big Dog, not Allen. If the Knicks had Allen and Houston, all they would need was some sort of presence down low and they would light teams up with the outside shooting. Chaney could turn it into a Dallas Mavs type team, w/o the 3-pt. shooting big men, but Jackson, Eisley are decent three shooters, and Houston and Allen are two premiere shooters. And what about our first rounder in 2002, we'd also have that pick plus Amare. I still don't see it happening though, I doubt Grunfeld likes those players that much. Sprewell going back to Milwaukee I think they'd do, maybe for Big Dog and their first rounder. They could sign the first rounder to a contract and then maybe the contracts would balance out. If Milwaukee took Amare with that pick, and the Knicks got Wagner or Wilcox (Wilcox @ PF and Amare @ C in a few years would be awesome) would be nice, but I don't know. Too many things need to happen.
#Knickstaps
nykfan37
Member: #118
4/21/2002  4:58 PM
Milwauke would never do that, the rumored trade was allen and filler for camby and spree, not allen, thomas, and a lottery pick for camby and spree while taking on 2 big contracts, the reason they didn't do the camby-thomas trade was because they didn't want ward's contract
scylla
Member: #97
4/21/2002  5:15 PM
Posted by DaKidd:

New York trades:
SG Latrell Sprewell
C Marcus Camby
SF Shandon Anderson
PG Charlie Ward

New York receives:
SG Ray Allen
SF Tim Thomas
PF Jason Caffey
Draft rights for Amare Stoudemire

Grunfeld gets three players which he is fond of (Spree, Camby and Ward) and gets Shandon to replace Thomas .. Milwaukee gets its homegrown superstar in Spree plus it complements Robinson's up-tempo game ..

The only good thing about this deal is that we get Tim Thomas and Amare Stoudemire at the same time ..

Then we do these series of deals ..

Trade with Chicago

New York trades:
SG Ray Allen

New York receives:
Draft Rights to Yao Ming
2002 2nd round pick
SF Eddie Robinson
Fillers

Chicago gets its legit superstar to complement Jalen Rose and the Toddlers and all Chicago would have to give up is an unproven player in Yao and some picks and fillers (Fizer? Hassell?) in the process ..

Trade with Utah

New York trades:
PG Howard Eisley
PF Othella Harrington

New York receives:
C Greg Ostertag
Future draft pick considerations

Utah receives a tandem of a PG and a cheap PF to compliment Karl and Stockton .. Eisley knows Sloan's system very well and Harrington's contracts is very appealing .. All Utah would have to give up is a disgruntled Center who he has bouts with the head coach of the team ..

Then hopefully we can nab Dajuan Wagner in the draft and that would make for a complete offseason .. I'd forgive Layden if all this came true ..

Knicks 2002/2003

SG Allan Houston - Trenton Hassel

Oh come on...you honestly believe Milwaukee would give up their golden boy--who, questionable leadership qualities aside, is 50 times more talented than our entire roster put together, and young, too--for a walking injury, a 30+ year-old former all-star and two overpaid, barely marginal role players? And then throw in Karl's "son" (his words) Tim Thomas? Oh, and a couple of young power forwards to boot? If these are the type of deals Layden's trying to swing, it's no wonder he can't get his calls returned. Maybe I'm just trying to deflate my expectations to avoid a let-down, but I fully expect to be watching a press conference this summer during which a visibly tense Layden tries to sell his free-agent signing of Popeye Jones and/or Olden Polynice as 'rebuilding on the fly'. Something along the lines of, "We're very comfortable with where we are right now, we have full confidence in Coach and we're looking forward to a great season." Sound about right?

Projected 2002-2003 lineup:
Ward / Eisley / Jackson
Houston / Postell
Sprewell / Weatherspoon
Camby (IL, naturally) / Thomas / Popeye Jones
"Sheriff" Olden Polynice / Chris Marcus
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/21/2002  8:41 PM
Again remember we are talking Scott Layden as GM here not Jerry West. Layden has stated he is comfortable with the core players of his team, expect only fringe player trades, nothing close to all those proposed deals.
If Milwaukee rumors are true ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy