[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our current projection
Author Thread
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
4/19/2002  9:40 AM
Right now http://www.nbadraft.net has the Knicks taking Jared Jeffries in the first round (#7) and Marcus Taylor in the second round (#36).

What are your thoughts about this? Would you be happy if this is what we ended up with? I know projections are never totally accurate but this is all we have to go with.

I think you all know about Jared Jeffries of Indiana.

What about this Taylor guy? I saw him in action for the Spartans and, yes, he would be yet another point guard to add to the logjam but he is only 20 and has great potential. He is the kind of player that I would love as a backup. He doesn't really do anything flashy but is very effective. Kinda like Charlie Ward with more speed and more offense.

If we could trade Sprewell + Ward/Eisley, and Jax retires, this would be a good draft for us.

[Edited by - MCfan23 on 04/19/2002 09:44:17]
We suck.
AUTOADVERT
RogerDancey
Member: #236
USA
4/19/2002  9:56 AM
If Spree does indeed go, Jeffries is probably the best replacement available from the draft. I hope we keep Latrell though.
Roger Dancey
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2002  4:28 PM
Definitely not. Jeffires has no low post moves and would get eaten up in the NBA. Every year there's a bust in the first round and Jeffries is him this year. If we have to take a small forward, take Caron Butler. But don't draft by position, draft by skill/potential. If the Knicks got Dajuan Wagner, Amare, or Butler I'd be happy.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2002  9:55 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Definitely not. Jeffires has no low post moves and would get eaten up in the NBA. Every year there's a bust in the first round and Jeffries is him this year. If we have to take a small forward, take Caron Butler. But don't draft by position, draft by skill/potential. If the Knicks got Dajuan Wagner, Amare, or Butler I'd be happy.
You forgot about Wilcox. He will be twice the player Stoudemire will.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2002  10:58 PM
Oh, right, I did forget him. I knew I was leaving somebody off but couldn't think of who. Thanks for pointing that out.
#Knickstaps
MCfan23
USA
4/20/2002  7:11 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Every year there's a bust in the first round and Jeffries is him this year. If we have to take a small forward, take Caron Butler.
Butler reminds me a lot of Sprewell. I think the size factor is the only reason that he is projected to be below Jeffries in the draft.

I don't know about calling Jeffries a bust even before he is drafted. Sure, he has parts of his game to improve upon and he doesn't have the power and athleticism of a guy like Wilcox or Stoudemire. But, he does have a great feel for the game and a nice offensive arcenal and is very smooth. He impressed me in the NCAA tourney and I think he can develop into an effective complementary player in the league.

Posted by BigSm00th:

But don't draft by position, draft by skill/potential. If the Knicks got Dajuan Wagner, Amare, or Butler I'd be happy.
Wagner would be nice, as would Wilcox, but I expect them to go in the top 5 (probably beforethe Knicks get to pick). I am not sure about Amare.

[Edited by - MCfan23 on 04/20/2002 07:14:39]
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/20/2002  9:53 AM
I see the top 5 being Ming, Williams, Woods, Gooden, and Wagner although Wagner is projected in between 6 and 12. Wilcox will go either 6th or 7th so he has a good chance of falling in our laps. Stoudemire will be drafted late-lottery, probably in between 10 and 13th.
MCfan23
USA
4/20/2002  10:36 AM
If we can take Wilcox with the #6 pick I will be very happy.
We suck.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
4/20/2002  3:17 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

If we can take Wilcox with the #6 pick I will be very happy.

Agreed... Wilcox's strong tournament convinced me that he'd be a prize catch. He's got the strength, size, and post presence that we so sorely need.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
4/20/2002  5:42 PM
Right now http://www.nbadraft.net has the Knicks taking Jared Jeffries in the first round (#7) and Marcus Taylor in the second round (#36).
What are your thoughts about this? Would you be happy if this is what we ended up with? I know projections are never totally accurate but this is all we have to go with.

I think you all know about Jared Jeffries of Indiana.

What about this Taylor guy? I saw him in action for the Spartans and, yes, he would be yet another point guard to add to the logjam but he is only 20 and has great potential. He is the kind of player that I would love as a backup. He doesn't really do anything flashy but is very effective. Kinda like Charlie Ward with more speed and more offense.

If we could trade Sprewell + Ward/Eisley, and Jax retires, this would be a good draft for us.

NBA DRAFT NET does not evaualte what player is suited for the team. They go 1-31 with the worst records and rate the players the same way, so its not based on needs but on records and how highly they think of those certain players
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MCfan23
USA
4/21/2002  7:00 AM
Yes...
We suck.
MCfan23
USA
5/2/2002  3:40 PM
Right now we're taking Curtis Borchardt 7-0 230 C Stanford Jr with the 7th pick and Frederick Jones 6-4 209 SG Oregon Sr with #36 -- according to NBADraft.net, that is.

I hope we don't take Borchardt. He strikes me as just another in the long line of center dissapointments. He is compared to Zydrunas Ilgauskas and that seems pretty accurate. He has good post moves, nice skills, impressive athleticism and agility for a 7-footer and an incredible knack of picking up injuries. I'd pass on him if I was Scott Layden. But, what do I know? Well, more than Scott Layden actually.

As for Jones, he kind of reminds me of Lavor Postell. A good scorer in college who can wow the crowd with his athletic ability and sweet dunks, but probably won't get much chance to do so in the NBA. Pass on this guy too, Scotty. We'd be better off re-signing Postell. Plus, we can get much better than Jones in the early second round...Yarbrough, Maddox, Parker, Christofferson...
We suck.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
5/4/2002  4:38 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Right now we're taking Curtis Borchardt 7-0 230 C Stanford Jr with the 7th pick and Frederick Jones 6-4 209 SG Oregon Sr with #36 -- according to NBADraft.net, that is.

I hope we don't take Borchardt. He strikes me as just another in the long line of center dissapointments. He is compared to Zydrunas Ilgauskas and that seems pretty accurate. He has good post moves, nice skills, impressive athleticism and agility for a 7-footer and an incredible knack of picking up injuries. I'd pass on him if I was Scott Layden. But, what do I know? Well, more than Scott Layden actually.

As for Jones, he kind of reminds me of Lavor Postell. A good scorer in college who can wow the crowd with his athletic ability and sweet dunks, but probably won't get much chance to do so in the NBA. Pass on this guy too, Scotty. We'd be better off re-signing Postell. Plus, we can get much better than Jones in the early second round...Yarbrough, Maddox, Parker, Christofferson...
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/4/2002  11:57 PM
I'd pick Nickoloz Tskitishvili, Caron Butler, Maybyner Hilario and Amare Stoudemire ahead of Borchardt...
MCfan23
USA
5/5/2002  6:47 AM
Posted by VG:

I'd pick Nickoloz Tskitishvili, Caron Butler, Maybyner Hilario and Amare Stoudemire ahead of Borchardt...
So would I.
We suck.
Our current projection

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy