[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Some are saying that Carlesimo is a lock 4 the Knicks....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/11/2005  11:00 AM
Hey, I don't know if this is true or not, but NJ.com is saying that once Phil is out of the picture Carlesimo will be the coach of N.Y. If it is true, we may become a much better basketball team. Whether or not Isiah will allow to pick his own assistants, I don't know. However, if he learned to control his tamper and learned a thing or two from Popovich, we will have a pretty good coach...
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/11/2005  11:30 AM
I don't like PJ. What college coach has made it in the NBA?
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
5/11/2005  11:32 AM
Larry Brown and many others....

Posted by crzymdups:

I don't like PJ. What college coach has made it in the NBA?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/11/2005  11:34 AM
Ive also heard we are only courting him to help his career, ie its a favor to him for whatever reason.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/11/2005  11:36 AM
I don't like Larry Brown either, but he's probably the best example. When I think college coach, I think PJ's disastrous stint in GS, John Calipari on the Nyets, Pitino in Boston, Montgomery in GS...

who else has succeeded on this level?
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
5/11/2005  11:42 AM
PJ paid his dues....I am sorry, one freaking incident with a crazy player like Spree shouldn't preclude the man from getting a job. He knew that he made a mistake and he has learned from it, especially being around great talents like TD and an awesome coach like GP. He sees first hand how Pop has treated Parker and Ginobli, and he has definitely reassessed his priorities.

Posted by crzymdups:

I don't like Larry Brown either, but he's probably the best example. When I think college coach, I think PJ's disastrous stint in GS, John Calipari on the Nyets, Pitino in Boston, Montgomery in GS...

who else has succeeded on this level?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/11/2005  12:08 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Ive also heard we are only courting him to help his career, ie its a favor to him for whatever reason.

If that's the case, friggin' fire Isiah. We've done enough favors for enough teams. The Suns got Nash and Q b/c of us. The Bulls will have cap room and cleared up room for Gordan and Duhon. The Spurs got a center and will have some cap room in a year. Meanwhile, we're taking back everyone's shyat while doing this for other team. Why do we need PJ? What is so special about him? I don't think there is anything special about him. He wasn't very good in GS, he doesn't stand out on the Spurs. He made someone choke him for crying out loud. Why do we have to give him the job? What is the point? Is Herb really this bad? Is PJ that much better than Herb? I really doubt it. I bet this is all just a friggin' smoke screen to cover up the roster problems. If Isiah barely does anything this Summer, we all know he's blaming the Knicks woes on the coach and not the roster. PJ will not make the Knicks better.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
5/11/2005  12:12 PM
than why not do the impossible. Isiah should cut all of the B.S and assume the duty of coaching this freaking team. He has a great raport with Marb, Ariza and Crawf and is wellknown for developing young talents himself. Enough with looking elsewhere for a solution to our problems when the solution is right under our nose...
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
5/11/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by fishmike:

If that's the case, friggin' fire Isiah. We've done enough favors for enough teams. The Suns got Nash and Q b/c of us. The Bulls will have cap room and cleared up room for Gordan and Duhon. The Spurs got a center and will have some cap room in a year. Meanwhile, we're taking back everyone's shyat while doing this for other team. Why do we need PJ? What is so special about him? I don't think there is anything special about him. He wasn't very good in GS, he doesn't stand out on the Spurs. He made someone choke him for crying out loud. Why do we have to give him the job? What is the point? Is Herb really this bad? Is PJ that much better than Herb? I really doubt it. I bet this is all just a friggin' smoke screen to cover up the roster problems. If Isiah barely does anything this Summer, we all know he's blaming the Knicks woes on the coach and not the roster. PJ will not make the Knicks better.

Red Holzman couldn't win with that Golden State team. Look at P.J. Carlesimo's Portland teams of the mid-90's. They weren't bad. And they were in the Top 10 Defensively 3 out of the 4 years he was there. And P.J. getting choked by Latrell Sprewell was not his fault. Spree is physco and has had a lot fights with coaches and teammates way before P.J. Have you heard about Spree chasing Jerome Kearsey during practice with a 2x4? Considering P.J. coachesd difficult personalites in his career like Isaiah Rider, Rasheed Wallace, Kenny Anderson and Rod Strickland, you never heard of any problems before Spree. And yes, P.J. is 100x better than Herb Williams. I guarantee we would not go 16-27 and allow 104 ppg under P.J. Herb was and is terrible.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/11/2005  12:30 PM
The Suns got Nash and Q b/c of us.
That's the only part of your post I agree with.

The Bulls will have cap room and cleared up room for Gordan and Duhon.
Our trade with them won't be relevant to Gordon or Duhon. By the time those guys (and Deng) are FAs, JYD would have been off their payroll.

The Spurs got a center and will have some cap room in a year.
If Nazy puts them over the top and helps them win a championship (which I don't expect), then the deal will have worked out for the Spurs. Otherwise, they were better off keeping the 2 1st round picks

You also left off a few teams we've traded with. The Bucks got worse since our trade with them. The Hawks also got worse. We definitely did them no favors. The Rockets were about the same before and after the trade

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/11/2005 12:33:41]
fishmike
USA
5/11/2005  12:31 PM
all I want is a guy willing to play and develop young players. Flip will 100% do that. He's been in rebuilding situtations. He's shown he's willing to bench a guy making 10mm a year (Wally) for a guy making peanuts (Hassle) because it made the team's defense better and that was a need. Eddie Griffen made a great comeback under Flip and guys like Marbury and KG blossumed there. Also hard to manage guys like Spree and Cassell went to the WCF with Flip. The guy can coach, flat out and he will integrate young guys into the mix. I can tell you 100% that Ariza wouldnt be sitting while Tim Thomas loafed around on D and shot 39%.

As for PJ I dont know, I never followed his teams closely. If he will do the things I mentioned above than great. If not move along.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/11/2005  12:44 PM
PJ did a good job in portland. I think he is better than Herb, I think he is the best of the 2nd tier options. Hes working for Popovich right now, that has got to count for alot, because I would give away my car if we could get popovich here. I look at him as the next best thing.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/11/2005  12:56 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Our trade with them won't be relevant to Gordon or Duhon. By the time those guys (and Deng) are FAs, JYD would have been off their payroll.

If Nazy puts them over the top and helps them win a championship (which I don't expect), then the deal will have worked out for the Spurs. Otherwise, they were better off keeping the 2 1st round picks

You also left off a few teams we've traded with. The Bucks got worse since our trade with them. The Hawks also got worse. We definitely did them no favors. The Rockets were about the same before and after the trade

Room as in roster spots. The Bulls have time for Gordon and Duhon now. I was not talking about the salary cap. The Rockets aren't better or worse, but b/c of us, they have Weatherspoon and Moochie and Vin Baker coming off their cap in a year. That's over 10 mm in fresh new cap space. And if the Spurs win the title, it wont be b/c of Nazr, but he has helped and had some monster games in the playoffs.

BTW, those Atlanta Hawks you are talking about may not be better this year, but soon enough, they are gonna be flat out sick. Especially if they get Bogut. And the Bucks are not worse b/c of us either. You really think Tim Thomas could have helped that team? Mmmmmm, ehhhh no.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/11/2005  8:04 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by fishmike:

Red Holzman couldn't win with that Golden State team. Look at P.J. Carlesimo's Portland teams of the mid-90's. They weren't bad. And they were in the Top 10 Defensively 3 out of the 4 years he was there. And P.J. getting choked by Latrell Sprewell was not his fault. Spree is physco and has had a lot fights with coaches and teammates way before P.J. Have you heard about Spree chasing Jerome Kearsey during practice with a 2x4? Considering P.J. coachesd difficult personalites in his career like Isaiah Rider, Rasheed Wallace, Kenny Anderson and Rod Strickland, you never heard of any problems before Spree. And yes, P.J. is 100x better than Herb Williams. I guarantee we would not go 16-27 and allow 104 ppg under P.J. Herb was and is terrible.

that is false information, PJ's teams were among the worst defensively in the league. Thats why his teams lost in the playoffs despite having the personell to go farther.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
5/11/2005  9:17 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Room as in roster spots. The Bulls have time for Gordon and Duhon now. I was not talking about the salary cap. The Rockets aren't better or worse, but b/c of us, they have Weatherspoon and Moochie and Vin Baker coming off their cap in a year. That's over 10 mm in fresh new cap space. And if the Spurs win the title, it wont be b/c of Nazr, but he has helped and had some monster games in the playoffs.

BTW, those Atlanta Hawks you are talking about may not be better this year, but soon enough, they are gonna be flat out sick. Especially if they get Bogut. And the Bucks are not worse b/c of us either. You really think Tim Thomas could have helped that team? Mmmmmm, ehhhh no.
Room as in roster spots. The Bulls have time for Gordon and Duhon now.
We did a four for two trade. We definitely didn't help the Bulls in terms of roster spots. They helped us in that regard, which enabled us to have room for Ariza.
BTW, those Atlanta Hawks you are talking about may not be better this year, but soon enough, they are gonna be flat out sick.
What does that have to do with us? You were talking about us doing favors for teams; we stole Nazy from Atlanta and turned him into 2 1st rd picks. They are now so bad that they'll get a good lottery pick. I don't see how we helped them out other than that we made them worse, which will give them a higher pick.
You really think Tim Thomas could have helped that team? Mmmmmm, ehhhh no.
Nope. You're right that the Bucks worsening had little to do with us. Just like the Bulls improvment had little to do with us (but you still listed them as teams we helped out). It was just smart draft choices by them.

Although TT wouldn't have helped his former team, Mo Taylor would have given the Rockets a good scoring option, which they desperately needed outside of T-Mac and Dirk with Juwan Howard injured. In a very tight 7 game series, tiny differences like having one more scoring option can potentially make a difference

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/11/2005 21:23:13]
fishmike
USA
5/11/2005  9:25 PM
bottom line is every team Isiah has traded with has immediatly improved in some way while we are laughing stock of the NBA.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/11/2005  9:57 PM
Posted by fishmike:

bottom line is every team Isiah has traded with has immediatly improved in some way while we are laughing stock of the NBA.

To add insult to injury, like Layden before him, he is the cap fairy for the rest of the NBA.
Bonn1997
USA
5/11/2005  10:13 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Not sure if you're serious. If you count getting worse and getting higher lottery picks as improving, then you're right that every team has improved. That's kind of inevitable, though. Every team inevitably is going to improve, stay the same, or worsen. Sure you spin each scenario as immediate improvement "in some way" by saying the teams that got worse after dealing with Isiah are actually better off because they'll have higher picks.
Some are saying that Carlesimo is a lock 4 the Knicks....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy