[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GamePicker results and Playoff GamePicker! Woohoo!
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2002  1:15 AM
Congratulations to UKDad for getting the top score in the first UltimateKnicks GamePicker game!

I still can not believe that he caught buddha (who gets tons of credit for being on top of the leader board for almost 80 games) in the last week of play. Amazing. Thank you all for participating.

The Knicks didn't make it into the playoffs this year (come on lottery!) but that doesn't mean the GamePicker is over. Oh no. I plan to brew a large vat of coffee tomorrow night and create a Playoff version of the GamePicker, so stop on by.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2002  1:18 AM
Hmmm, still don't know how the Playoff 2001 GamePicker would work, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
4/18/2002  9:42 AM
Maybe try to do something similar as Yahoo did with that college bracket. Don't know how to actuallyy implement that really but just a thought.

Or maybe a more elaborate gamepicker of the games played each day, would be quite big in the beginning but gradually less absorbing I guess.
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
4/19/2002  9:17 AM
I think it should be done like Knicksbabyyeah suggested -- with a bracket.

Predict the score of each 1st round series, eg. Lakers beat Portland 3-1. Points awarded for the correct winner and bonus pts for getting the correct series score. Also predict the top scorer of each series, eg. Shaq, 30 ppg.

Then predict the scores of each conf semi-final game, eg. Lakers beat Spurs 4-1. High average scorer: Kobe.

It goes on, so eventually you pick the NBA Champion and Playoff MVP. I don't know how exaclty the points would be awarded but obviously if you pick the Lakers to win the title and they get knocked out in round 1 you won't have much chance of winning.

That's my suggestion anyway. I look forward to taking part in whatever game you do, Martin.
We suck.
GamePicker results and Playoff GamePicker! Woohoo!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy