[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

can we agree on this about the trades...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/5/2005  11:46 AM
with all these proposed trades and so forth, can we all agree that whatever trades we do pull off this summer, it will just be treading water until our picks now and later develop?

there's no trades out there where i'm like, "AWESOME, that'll put us over the hump". especially from members of the NO THANKS CLUB. so whatever we do, it will be continuing the nyknick tradition of shuffling around contracts.

the key here is that we just keep drafting players and build a core for 07/08 over the next 3 drafts.
AUTOADVERT
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
5/5/2005  12:25 PM
we can definitely be a playoff team next season, had a decent shot at it this year until that one crappy streak. so i think even marginal upgrades can be big, make a difference between getting swept in the first round and having a shot at going deeper. i think that's worth it. we need to make moves to balance our roster, i.e. move our PFs for a center, swingman, good defenders, whatever.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/5/2005  12:52 PM
Posted by Masterplan:

we can definitely be a playoff team next season, had a decent shot at it this year until that one crappy streak. so i think even marginal upgrades can be big, make a difference between getting swept in the first round and having a shot at going deeper. i think that's worth it. we need to make moves to balance our roster, i.e. move our PFs for a center, swingman, good defenders, whatever.

I had thought that too, but then we melted down big time and I think we're more than one or two players away.

Even Shaq doesn't turn this roster around.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
5/5/2005  2:00 PM
With no changes in the roster, a real coach would get this team to the 5th-6th seed in the east. Our current roster is as good as Washington. So really, more important than the draft (Webster!) is a real coach.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2005  2:03 PM
our current roster is as good as WAS? says who?

Haywood, Etan & Jamison vs. KT, Sweetney & TT...hmm, i wonder who has the better frontcourt?

Hughes & Arenas vs. Marbury & Crawford...could be comparable if either Marbury or Crawford would ever play some defense.

we need upgrades regardless if we get a top coach or not.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/5/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by TMS:

Haywood, Etan & Jamison vs. KT, Sweetney & TT...hmm, i wonder who has the better frontcourt?

Hughes & Arenas vs. Marbury & Crawford...could be comparable if either Marbury or Crawford would ever play some defense.

we need upgrades regardless if we get a top coach or not.
I'd say it's about one year away from Wash. Isiah has to use our assets (including the lottery pick) as intelligently as they used theirs (which means being open to the possibility of trading the pick for a player better than whoever is available in the draft).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/05/2005 14:09:02]
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
5/5/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by TMS:

With a good coach, KT, Sweets, and JYD is miles ahead of Haywood, Etan, and Jamison. The coaching made all the difference this year, that's my point, a real coach and system can change how people feel about certain players.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2005  2:43 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:
Posted by TMS:

With a good coach, KT, Sweets, and JYD is miles ahead of Haywood, Etan, and Jamison. The coaching made all the difference this year, that's my point, a real coach and system can change how people feel about certain players.

maybe in the bizarro world...but in real life KT, Sweets & JYD can't sniff the frontcourt of WAS no matter WHO's coaching them...sorry
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
5/5/2005  2:44 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:
Posted by TMS:

maybe in the bizarro world...but in real life KT, Sweets & JYD can't sniff the frontcourt of WAS no matter WHO's coaching them...sorry
I agree with that; I'm not expecting our starting frontcourt to be Sweetney, TT, and Kurt next year anyway, though
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/5/2005  2:57 PM
Who are you expecting it to be then? Realistically. Big Z? Whoopdeedoo. He's not a long term player and he'll just hurt our future by adding a few extra wins, but wont take us out of the first round of the playoffs.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
5/5/2005  3:56 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Who are you expecting it to be then? Realistically.
It's impossible to know which players will be available. However, Isiah's biggest trades have yielded young, talented players (Marbury, 26 at the time, Crawford 24 at the time). I'd have to assume he hasn't changed from the plan of using major trades to get younger and more athletic and we'll see younger more athletic players in the froncourt
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
5/5/2005  6:54 PM
Posted by franco12:

Even Shaq doesn't turn this roster around.
Marbury/Crawford/Penny?
Crawford/Ariza/Houston
Tim Thomas/Ariza/JYD
Kurt Thomas/Sweetney/Rose/Taylor
Shaq/KT/Rose
marbury + crawford is about equal to damon jones + wade i think
tim thomas + ariza + others is about equal to eddie jones
KT + sweets > haslem
so yes, shaq turns around things a lot, too bad we can't get him tho
http://allknicks.com
Bonn1997
USA
5/5/2005  7:59 PM
can't believe anyone actually replied to the shaq comment
can we agree on this about the trades...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy