[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final Record 30-52
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/17/2002  9:54 PM
It doesn't get much worst. Houston had a nice game as did Thomas, but it was another dissapointing loss. Sprewell didn't play so well and the question still remains, was this his last game as a Knick? I don't think so, but i'm sure many of you will disagree. My line-up for next year would be.

C Camby(please stay healthy and play at least 65)
PF Thomas
SF Sprewell
SG Houston
PG McInnis
6th Chris Wilcox

I think it would be pretty competitive.

AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/17/2002  10:18 PM
I think Stoudemire is more of a possibility then Wilcox, depends on our draft position. Stoudy and Smush would be madness. The alleys and all that jazz. I'd wet my pants. And Dolan could capitalize on the name by making "Smush" Puppies, a la Slush Puppies, pretty creative ah? Ah? Ah? God, this season was awful. Remeber when they were 10-9, had just beaten the Bucks, and JVG was coach. Good times, good times.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/18/2002  1:06 AM
Wagner and Butler both declared for the draft which means that really nice players will slip our way....

The top 4 will be Williams, Ming, Wagner and Gooden so if we can get 7th r better we can steal Woods, Wilcox, Butler, Amare etc...I just hope we don't wind up with the 13th pick...Is it just me or will it be really gunny seeing Layden there with his 50s style glasses waiting for his pick ..its been so long since the knicks been in a lottery
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/18/2002  7:09 AM
Knicks in the lottery can't go any lower the 10th position. Most likely scenario is between 5-7.
Knixkik
USA
4/18/2002  10:24 AM
Posted by Knick2001:

Knicks in the lottery can't go any lower the 10th position. Most likely scenario is between 5-7.
Or because our pick is projected as 7th we will likely be either 6th, 7th, or 8th.

Some draft notes i found in the nypost are...

One NBA scout says Stoudamire "has a long ways to go" and projects him as going between 12 and 16. The Knicks will pick no worse than 10th.

Meanwhile, Memphis point guard Dajuan Wagner officially declared he will enter the draft and is projected to go between 6 and 12.

If Wagner is a projected 6 to 12 pick, we should have a reasonable shot at him. I either see him or Wilcox falling our way which would be the best thing to happen to the franchise in awhile. It all depends on the they fair in the pre-draft camps.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2002  11:54 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by Knick2001:

Or because our pick is projected as 7th we will likely be either 6th, 7th, or 8th.

Some draft notes i found in the nypost are...

One NBA scout says Stoudamire "has a long ways to go" and projects him as going between 12 and 16. The Knicks will pick no worse than 10th.

Tell you what, if the Knicks could trade Spree or Houston and Thomas for Chicago's pick and land Ming or somehow trade for LA Clips first round pick (which is actually Atlanta's top-3 pick) and land Ming, I would be supremely pleased. I would even exchange in Marcus Camby for Thomas. Ming seems like the real deal - even if he is not immediately ready for the NBA. Seriously, which team is Ming going to go to? Cleveland? No. Chicago, maybe. Only NY has enough of an Asian market to warrant China allowing Ming to play in the USA.

With New York’s own pick, I would take a huge gamble on Stoudemire. The guy has intensity and hunger the likes of Kobe or Kevin or Magic or Bird. Remember, Kobe was a 15th pick. Definitely not even close to being ready for NBA (or college for that matter), but you can't pass up the intensity/freakish athletic ability combo. At worst you get a future Ben Wallace.

If those 2 moves occur, and if the Knicks play those 2 guys a lot next season, the Knicks are even worse in the 2002 season. A blessing in disguise. You have a shot at LeBron James. Or some other high pick.

NY would be bad for a couple of year as the above 3 get acclimated to NBA play, but man, they would be exciting to watch (I purposely missed the last 10 Knicks games this year - too horrible to watch) and a team with a lot of potential.

Ming, Stoudemire, James. That's my dream.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/18/2002  12:59 PM
Ming's likely destination is to Golden State. The Warriors have had scouts to China more often then the Knicks. Plus, with their large Asian population it seems like a natural fit.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
4/18/2002  6:39 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

Ming's likely destination is to Golden State. The Warriors have had scouts to China more often then the Knicks. Plus, with their large Asian population it seems like a natural fit.

Let the ping pong balls fall where they may to figure out Ming's team. Something tells me if the Debuschere shows up, the Knicks get into the top 3... he is the symbol for Knicks draft luck. Bring on the fist pump when Indiana... I mean Chicago... wins the second pick!
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
4/19/2002  9:26 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

It doesn't get much worst. Houston had a nice game as did Thomas, but it was another dissapointing loss. Sprewell didn't play so well and the question still remains, was this his last game as a Knick? I don't think so, but i'm sure many of you will disagree. My line-up for next year would be.

C Camby(please stay healthy and play at least 65)
PF Thomas
SF Sprewell
SG Houston
PG McInnis
6th Chris Wilcox

I think it would be pretty competitive.
I also like the look of that lineup. Especially McInnes, it would be great if we could land him. Then with the draft pick (whoever it may be) added to the mix the Knicks will be a much younger team. Even if they continue to lose (which would be good in the long run...another appearnace in the lotto), they will be a lot more exciting to watch.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
4/19/2002  10:08 PM
The thing about Wilcox is, his intensity and flair would make him a fan favorite in New York. He would be similar to Camby except with twice the strength and no question marks injury-wise. Even if the Knicks didn't make any major changes, this guy would still give the fans something to look forward to and would give the team a bright future. He won't be a bust i can tell you that. Gooden could be a tweener, Ming could be a bust(though unlikely), Amare WILL be a major project, but there's nothing really that makes Wilcox a question mark. He has proven he can play big against the best competition, he's big, athletic, has well developing skills, and the potential is endless. He's about as far from a bust as they come at that point. Also keep in mind that if Spree goes, Camby won't be too happy so i think new york will just look to improve through the draft, free agency, and maybe a minor trade. My prediction is that grab a quality big man in the draft(Wilcox), get a good free agent(maybe McInnis), and possibly make a minor trade. Thats the best way to go without rebuilding or restructuring the team chemistry.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2002  11:01 PM
I agree with you except for the whole team chemistry thing. This year's team chemistry won them 30 games, so if Sprewell and Camby say they don't want to be here, then trade them away. Similar to what the NY Giants are doing now, for those of you that follow football. Armstead is gone, as are a few others, and they're riding out the contracts of two big stars who say they won't resign (Strahan and Hilliard) so they'll have cap room. If Camby says he'll test the waters see what you can get for him and trdae him, him and Spree in a package should be able to meander something. For picks between 5 and 9, probably where we'll pick, I think Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Chris Wilcox have the best potential. I'd take any of them and then after the draft look at the roster and trade who we need to trade. Draft best player available, not by position.
#Knickstaps
Final Record 30-52

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy