[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This deservess to be said again...
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/5/2005  12:38 AM
Watching Denver struggle against the Spurs in the series finale, what became clear to me, is that they need a shooter, and a slasher, because they have no half court game. They just cannot score in the half court offense. Their guards are poos shooters and their bigs are athletic but not developed post up guys (NeNe is coming along though). NO ONE on that whole squad has a reliable jumpshot, especially not from 3. There are a number of players I think they should look at:

Jamal Crawford should be among them. He isn't expensive at 6 mill next year and could be had for a trade like this:
Jamal Crawford + #30 this year + spurs #30 next year

for
Earl Boykins
Voshon Lenard
+ #19, #22

trade id: 2368434

Their team would look like
Miller
Crawford
Mello
Kmart/Nene
Camby

He could penetrate to the basket and he can bang a shot from anywhere guarded or unguarded, and they really really need that. He can run with them and he definitely becomes their best half court player because he can create off the dribble.

They get a good player for little and move down in the draft. If they don't want a guaranteed contract they can easily trade down one spot and they are way over the cap in denver so they may want to do that.

We give up a good player, for 2 role players but move up in the draft. We draft Blatche, a shooter, an impact player with our lotto and another project with our 2nd rounder.
Other players they could use:

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 05/05/2005 00:40:20]
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
5/5/2005  5:47 AM
if he could penetrate to the basket, we would have won 7 more games.

Unless we get camby, denver is off limits.
all kool aid all the time.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/5/2005  7:25 AM
i kind of doubt GM's around the league watched Jamal Crawford perform this year and said to themselves, "Boy, I really want to get that guy on my team."
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/5/2005  7:58 AM
I hate that deal. Just use the Spurs pick and cash to move up. Why give up on Crawford for a smaller guy?

Guys that arent getting traded this offseason:
Marbury
Crawford
Ariza
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/5/2005  9:12 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I hate that deal. Just use the Spurs pick and cash to move up. Why give up on Crawford for a smaller guy?

Guys that arent getting traded this offseason:
Marbury
Crawford
Ariza
It isn't about giving up on him for a smaller guy, its about getting those picks and having a decent backup pg. Its an idea that I think makes sense for denver and could make sense for us. We could get a sg and a big with those picks.

I don't have a problem at all with those 3 guys bein on this team next season. I think that should be our core, I was just making a point about players that could work elsewhere and what would make it make sense for us. I think that trade could make some ense for us.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2005  9:25 AM
trade Crawford & 2 late 1st rounders for a 6th man PG Boykins, a gimpy Lenard who's a shooter & nothing else, & 2 late 1st rounders? the talent in the 1st round at that range is all comparable anyway...unless you're getting a significantly better draft position (like a good lottery pick for example), it's not worth making that trade.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/05/2005 09:26:05]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/5/2005  9:30 AM
Posted by TMS:

trade Crawford & 2 late 1st rounders for a 6th man PG Boykins, a gimpy Lenard who's a shooter & nothing else, & 2 late 1st rounders? the talent in the 1st round at that range is all comparable anyway...unless you're getting a significantly better draft position (like a good lottery pick for example), it's not worth making that trade.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/05/2005 09:26:05]
Yup; like you and Fish said, I'd much rather have Jamal than Earl and Voshon and there are better better ways to move up in the draft than to dump Jamal.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/5/2005  9:34 AM
go look at draft history in the last 10 years, and look at the caliber of talent picked in that range. Can you get a good player? Of course, but the chance is against you. To me Crawford still has great upside and in terms of improving the team that area is the least of our concerns.

Also why add more picks when guys like Butler cant get ANY playing time down the stretch on a team out of the playoff race for a month. At least Crawford is 25. Isiah overpayed for him but to some degree he represents a young guy the staff will work with and get floor time. I would rather see the Knicks use the late picks to sign and trade a young guy like a Gadzurich or even Kwame Brown. Malik and pick #30 for Brown or Gadzurich. Again we are overpaying but its probably the closest and most realistic way this franchise will ever incorporate young players into the mix.

We arent going to live with rookie mistakes and play while $10-$15mm players like Mo Taylor and Tim Thomas sit on the bench. Its not happening with this team. It never has and until we see it happen I'm assuming it never will
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/5/2005  10:21 AM
Denver's problem is that they haven't developed chemistry, not necessarily a lack of a part.

And Jamal isn't the kind of 'shooter' most teams want- not at 39%
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
5/5/2005  10:40 AM
no one is taking that loser, denver would never do that i would take boykins in a second, obviously we could move up if we had those picks

what a short sighted bunch, charlotte needs depth we could move up and get another impact player.....

So we don't want to get rid of Crawford when we can get a player like Granger with good range, good size and the ability to shoot the ball, add Taft, and still have a chance to get a good player late

Some Knicks fans have no ****ing clue
This deservess to be said again...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy