[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where would Travis Outlaw go in this draft?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/4/2005  12:12 PM
lets remember he went 24 2 years ago, he's a 6-9 215 SG/SF with a real 43 inch vertical leap--he obviously showed huge signs down the stretch. If he had gone to college, and lets say he averaged 17 points 8 reb 2.5 blocks shooting 60% his sophmore year?

Im going to say top 5

second question--would you be willing to trade your 8 pick for Travis now?

my answer would be id have to seriously think about it.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/4/2005  12:17 PM
You wouldn't say he's a Hakim Warrick clone? but either way, I am very impressed with the guy and trading the #8 pick wouldn't be a bad move at all. You think he'd be smellin' a lot of pine time though, if he came to us? I think that's highly possible. However, if I were the gm, I'd definitely consider that move and I'd make sure he'd get playing time as well.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
5/4/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

You wouldn't say he's a Hakim Warrick clone? but either way, I am very impressed with the guy and trading the #8 pick wouldn't be a bad move at all. You think he'd be smellin' a lot of pine time though, if he came to us? I think that's highly possible. However, if I were the gm, I'd definitely consider that move and I'd make sure he'd get playing time as well.

He's actually more of a perimeter based player than Hakim. I would do it if they threw in pick 35. That would give me picks 30-35 and those are nice picks in this draft. He could play back up 2G/wing.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2005  1:06 PM
no... I think you overvalue him. The Warrick point is good. We could trade down, get an extra pick and draft Warrick and CJ Miles, either of whom could be better then Travis. Yes he showed signs, but it was on a tanking team, and he didnt play very good basketball. Why is he much better then a Gerald Wallace or Josh Howard for that matter?

Only reason he would go top 5 is if this draft is as weak as it looks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/4/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by fishmike:

no... I think you overvalue him. The Warrick point is good. We could trade down, get an extra pick and draft Warrick and CJ Miles, either of whom could be better then Travis. Yes he showed signs, but it was on a tanking team, and he didnt play very good basketball. Why is he much better then a Gerald Wallace or Josh Howard for that matter?

I agree except with the draft is weak part. There's no Lebron or Duncan but its deep as is every draft minus the Kmart draft and this draft is A LOT better than that one.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/4/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I mentioned this about outlaw before, I think some people see him have a good game vs the knicks and they think we are missing out on something here. What they may have missed are the other games where you would see why he rides the pine, I have seen him on a few occasions, the guy is a good athlete, but I am still wondering if he is a "ball player" you have Athletes and you have ball players, and then you have athletes trying to be ball players.. I think he falls somewhere in the mix of all 3, i am just not sure yet...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I agree except with the draft is weak part. There's no Lebron or Duncan but its deep as is every draft minus the Kmart draft and this draft is A LOT better than that one.
the Kmart draft was the worst in at least 15 years, at least as long as I followed it. I dont think this is a bad draft, but its a weak one, especially at the top. Bogut and Marvin Williams get very mixed reviews. The bottom line is the players in the 15-25 range on almost every mock are just as good as the players listed 8-15.

I think this draft will have a very large % of guy thats make it in the NBA, I think its deep in that regard, but its going to be a light draft on upper echelon players. Maybe I am dead wrong.

Its definatly deep and we should come away with 2 good players at 8/30 .
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
5/4/2005  3:21 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:

I mentioned this about outlaw before, I think some people see him have a good game vs the knicks and they think we are missing out on something here. What they may have missed are the other games where you would see why he rides the pine, I have seen him on a few occasions, the guy is a good athlete, but I am still wondering if he is a "ball player" you have Athletes and you have ball players, and then you have athletes trying to be ball players.. I think he falls somewhere in the mix of all 3, i am just not sure yet...

what i view him as a young draft pick, im not saying that i would give him 8 perse, but if he stayed in school, coming into this draft, from what I have seen, projecting what he wouldve done in cBB, and looking at his size and athletic ability, you would probably say top 10 easy.
RIP Crushalot😞
Where would Travis Outlaw go in this draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy