Marbury to MEM & Kwame to NY scenario, let's bring in all the malcontents idea
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/4/2005  10:36 AM
MITIGATING FACTORS:

1 - it's well known that Fratello's been butting heads w/players on his team for months...Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Stromile Swift are all candidates to be traded in the offseason for various reasons, & they have contracts that would match up to Marbury's in a possible deal...1 article i read today out of MEM states that they are looking for a star player to play alongside Pau Gasol...stick Marbury on that team alongside Gasol, Miller, Battier & Posey & i think they can improve for next season.

2 - Eddie Jordan has basically kicked Kwame Brown off the team & WAS has made it public that they intend to trade him in the offseason...Isiah is always infatuated w/young guys w/potential like Kwame, & the Knicks need a bigman in the worst way.

3 - NY is taking over POR's role as the receptacle for all of the NBA's retreads & malcontents, so this idea seems like a perfect match in that regard.

4 - the fans of NY want to rebuild w/youth...this plan gets them that.

============================

THE PLAN:

- Toblerone, Bonzi & Stro for Marbury & Mo T would work under the cap.
- KT for Kwame in a sign & trade
- sign Chris Anderson w/the MLE
- draft Gerald Green w/the lottery pick
- hire Nate McMillan or Rick Pitino to coach a young team to play an uptempo style

C - Stro / Birdman
PF - Kwame / Sweetney / Rose
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Bonzi / Green
PG - Craw / JWill
IR - Houston / Penny / Butler

I've gone on record saying I'm not interested in any babies like Kwame, or selfish malcontents like Bonzi, but when I look at this roster, it actually seems to have a much better future than the one we have now...what are your thoughts?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/4/2005  10:44 AM
the only guy who impresses me there is Gerald Green.

I think we can do better for Marbury at least land 1 lottery to mid 1st round pick. Stro and Bonzi are not that good

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/04/2005 10:45:22]
TMS
USA
5/4/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think we can do better for Marbury at least land 1 lottery to mid 1st round pick. Stro and Bonzi are not that good

then i guess you liked my TOR idea better? (Jalen, TOR's lottery pick & future 1st rounder)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/4/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by TMS:

MITIGATING FACTORS:

1 - it's well known that Fratello's been butting heads w/players on his team for months...Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Stromile Swift are all candidates to be traded in the offseason for various reasons, & they have contracts that would match up to Marbury's in a possible deal...1 article i read today out of MEM states that they are looking for a star player to play alongside Pau Gasol...stick Marbury on that team alongside Gasol, Miller, Battier & Posey & i think they can improve for next season.

2 - Eddie Jordan has basically kicked Kwame Brown off the team & WAS has made it public that they intend to trade him in the offseason...Isiah is always infatuated w/young guys w/potential like Kwame, & the Knicks need a bigman in the worst way.

3 - NY is taking over POR's role as the receptacle for all of the NBA's retreads & malcontents, so this idea seems like a perfect match in that regard.

4 - the fans of NY want to rebuild w/youth...this plan gets them that.

============================

THE PLAN:

- Toblerone, Bonzi & Stro for Marbury & Mo T would work under the cap.
- KT for Kwame in a sign & trade
- sign Chris Anderson w/the MLE
- draft Gerald Green w/the lottery pick
- hire Nate McMillan or Rick Pitino to coach a young team to play an uptempo style

C - Stro / Birdman
PF - Kwame / Sweetney / Rose
SF - TT / Ariza / JYD
SG - Bonzi / Green
PG - Craw / JWill
IR - Houston / Penny / Butler

I've gone on record saying I'm not interested in any babies like Kwame, or selfish malcontents like Bonzi, but when I look at this roster, it actually seems to have a much better future than the one we have now...what are your thoughts?

Id love to draft Gerald Green, I would say concerning the pick that I would be willing to do a lot to get up to that 4 pick in Utah to grab him if hes there. Other than actually getting into the top 3, I would say my personal goal BY FAR, would be doing everything we can do get Green if hes available at 4. I would say just making a pick at 8 and moving up for Green are two worlds apart.

As much as I diss Kwame, I'd be willing to give him a chance. the problem is, if you look at some things, it wont be cheap and we may have to compensate Wash. if he wants Mcdyess or Mourning type money 4 years 20mm$, I think isiah would do it for sure.

Memphis trade,, nah, marbury is the best player by far in that trade. rather keep him Id be willing to do Malik Rose for jason williams to get rid of our congetsion and find a back up PG. Bonzi--absolutely no interest hes been an arsehole for 7 years in the league. Swift is likely to cash in with all of the teams that hav HUGE cap money. Hes a UFA, meaning he call the shots. he would likely get much more money in FA. If they do indeed bring contract down to 5 years, I can see a team willing to give him 8mmper, sounds like a lot, but the market will be crazy this year. it will cost teams a LOt this year to get into the market. I have to assume that Swift can command more $ than Foyle
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
5/4/2005  10:54 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by gunsnewing:

then i guess you liked my TOR idea better? (Jalen, TOR's lottery pick & future 1st rounder)

oh I loved that Toronto trade thread. That is the kinda trade we need to make for Marbury! The marquee players we get back don't have to be superstars but we need the high draft picks to rebuild this thing while dumping salary in order to go after real superstars.

Plus with this trade we would have to give stro a big longterm contract. With the toronto trade we just let Rose expire. Man if we get cap flexibility and add a superstar to a mix of 4-5 accumulated 1st rounders with Zeke drafting we'll be set!
TMS
USA
5/4/2005  11:17 AM
fair points...i was just trying to look at this from a completely different viewpoint than what i've had the past few weeks...i agree that Marbury is the best player in that trade, but it does at least give this team more flexibility going forward capwise to make a run at some big names in 2007...that's really been my guiding vision for all my ideas of late...i want to at least be in the game when it comes time to talk about guys like Lebron & Wade, not just an onlooker like we've been the past couple years when Kobe, T-Mac & Kidd were on the market.

[Edited by - TMS on 05/04/2005 11:18:30]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/4/2005  11:48 AM
Swift will be looking for big money, but he got housed by amare, now I know amare is a tough cover for anyone but what he did to stromile makes me wonder how strong swift is, and how effective can he be at the PF position, I mean amare moved him with his off arm easily and just posterized him.. If I am going to offer a lot of money nowadays to some of these guys, like swift, I have to see more out of him.. I was high on swift at one time, right now I am wavering...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/4/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by tkf:

Swift will be looking for big money, but he got housed by amare, now I know amare is a tough cover for anyone but what he did to stromile makes me wonder how strong swift is, and how effective can he be at the PF position, I mean amare moved him with his off arm easily and just posterized him.. If I am going to offer a lot of money nowadays to some of these guys, like swift, I have to see more out of him.. I was high on swift at one time, right now I am wavering...

Wise. Stromoile has now played for I believe 3 different coaches. Not one has seen fit to turn him inot a starter. There's likely to be a good reason for that. And Memphis isn't exactly loaded with front court power either.
gunsnewing
USA
5/4/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by tkf:

Wise. Stromoile has now played for I believe 3 different coaches. Not one has seen fit to turn him inot a starter. There's likely to be a good reason for that. And Memphis isn't exactly loaded with front court power either.

exactly...Stro has always been overrated here
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2005  1:04 PM
YOur selling yourself short, in the right scenario, Marbs could be a first team malcontent!

I think Jerome James as back up Center would be great. Pay him well, like Damp type money, then make him work real hard. He'd buckle, get all kinds of ailments, and then get offended if his work ethic was challenged!

Jaelen is overrated as a malcontent. Darious mile would be great!

Jeff McInnis needs to be the point.

PJ can coach them all, and they can use him like a pinata?
Marbury to MEM & Kwame to NY scenario, let's bring in all the malcontents idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy