[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wizards basically kick Kwame Brown of the team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  7:38 PM
Posted by Masterplan:
I kind of thought Jerome James leaped-frogged into the number 1 MLE position, so we'll have to see.

for us, or for the league? he's this year's dampier, except his production has been high for a series, not a season. i'd take him cheap, S&T for one of our PF's but no more than that.

i agree with you, but the bottom line is jerome is ave 18 points 10 .5 reb 2+ blocks and now shooting 58% in 4 pLAYOFF games. of course at 7-1 272, that is going to be noticed.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/3/2005  7:56 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Masterplan:
I kind of thought Jerome James leaped-frogged into the number 1 MLE position, so we'll have to see.

for us, or for the league? he's this year's dampier, except his production has been high for a series, not a season. i'd take him cheap, S&T for one of our PF's but no more than that.

i agree with you, but the bottom line is jerome is ave 18 points 10 .5 reb 2+ blocks and now shooting 58% in 4 pLAYOFF games. of course at 7-1 272, that is going to be noticed.

Against a team with no interior presence...or at least a banged up one - Miller isnt healthy is he? Songaila is a long way off from being a dominant player.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  8:08 PM
Posted by OasisBU:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Masterplan:

Against a team with no interior presence...or at least a banged up one - Miller isnt healthy is he? Songaila is a long way off from being a dominant player.

doesnt matter, look at the league, there are few teams with big men.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/3/2005  8:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by OasisBU:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Masterplan:

doesnt matter, look at the league, there are few teams with big men.
i think his true test comes in the next round, with whomever they play. Lets see how he plays THEN!
Knick2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #83
5/3/2005  8:46 PM
Sign him. He's young and tall!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/3/2005  8:48 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

Sign him. He's young and tall!
Yeah the MLE aint never hurt nobody.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/3/2005  8:51 PM
Theres no way that I want Jerome James. It seems that many of you forgot that a few years ago when he signed the contract that he has currently with the Sonics, he did the same thing! It was a contract year and he performed brilliant towards the end of the year so much so that the Sonics gave him a very nice contract for someone averagine 5.0 points a game. Also don't forget that Scott Layden was extremely intent on signing James and eventually gave up his run at him becuase the Sonics were offering just too much money for him. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY JEROME JAMES. This is the second time I have seen this from him. He gets his contract and goes to not caring and plays with no hustle or heart.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 05/03/2005 20:52:07]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/3/2005  9:17 PM
ernie grunfeld has suspended kwame for the remaining season. imho, kwame has been nothing but a waste of talent for the zards. like i said a couple of weeks ago......everybody on the zards are balling except kwame. look what the juan and only did last night: 35 points off the bench....and in a playoff situation! no bench player has ever scored like that. in the meantime, kwame goes home with a tummy ache. ernie probably had enough.

btw...zeke will probably pass on kwame. i believe it was zeke that told doug collins......don't do it

knick fans wanting zeke to get kwame.....get over it
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Knick2001
Member: #83
5/4/2005  7:14 AM

If you say so....ummm OK Seriously, why not explore it. I'd rather take a chance on Brown then some older scrub the Knicks have a hisory of trading for. The Knicks need some size the front court badly.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/4/2005  7:29 AM
Posted by Knick2001:

If you say so....ummm OK Seriously, why not explore it. I'd rather take a chance on Brown then some older scrub the Knicks have a hisory of trading for. The Knicks need some size the front court badly.
kwame would be the best post/frontline player if on the knicks - that's how badly we need talent
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/4/2005  10:49 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knick2001:

kwame would be the best post/frontline player if on the knicks - that's how badly we need talent

needing talent is one thing and getting the right talent is another.

no matter how you stack it up.....kwame is not new york ready

....in this city, they would eat his lunch by the hour, on the hour

sorry.......no kwame
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2005  10:32 AM
pretty damning story about Kwame here guys...you sure you still want him?:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/04/AR2005050402440.html

Bach not shocked about Kwame

By John N. Mitchell
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

CHICAGO -- Former Washington Wizards assistant Johnny Bach, now a coach with the Chicago Bulls, is not surprised about this week's developments with Kwame Brown.

"Some are qualified and able to handle the multitude of pressures," said Bach, an assistant for former Washington coach Doug Collins for two seasons. "I thought early on we saw some evidence of this. He walked in looking comfortable but he wasn't really comfortable from the day he walked in."

Bach, who has been coaching at some level for the better part of five decades, was referring to Brown's suspension on Tuesday for the remainder of the playoffs after he skipped a practice, a team shoot-around, a meeting with club officials and Monday night's Game 4 against the Bulls.

Bach said he couldn't contain his excitement when he heard the Wizards were going to draft Brown with the first pick in the 2001 draft. But he soon realized that selecting Brown ahead of current Bull Tyson Chandler was a mistake.

"When he first had to play [in training camp] with Michael Jordan, a demanding person but still almost 40, and everyone was surprised that Kwame would be unable to participate in the drills.

"Whether it was fatigue, physical or in his mind, people started to look at him pretty critically when he would be over in the corner gasping for air and unable to finish. They looked at that sculpted body and wondered why can't he do this? He looks so good yet he can't finish training camp."

Bach said Brown, who initially was reported earlier this week to have a stomach virus, should have handled the recent situation with the Wizards better.

"I would have hoped he would have walked in at the end of the season and said that I've given the best that I could -- that's his professional responsibility -- and told [president of basketball operations Ernie Grunfeld], 'It's not working. Can you look to see if you could move me?' But that is the mature solution. He picked -- again -- a very immature way of handling it. I'm sick? Even if you are you still have to show up for the game."
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
5/5/2005  10:41 AM
its about managing expectations.

Sign Kwame to an MLE and hope to get Adonal Foyle type numbers

just hope he can clean up his act, show up for 82 games, continue to be 7ft and prevent the opposing team having their center be able to reach over KT & Mo's head all game long to grab offensive rebounds.

don't expect him to come here and put up 15 & 10.

8 & 5 and I'd be happy
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2005  10:43 AM
8 & 5??? why? we can get that from Malik Rose or Mo T easily. we don't need anymore role players...we need a guy who can be the C of the future...if he's not going to put up 15 & 8 at the very least, why bother?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
5/5/2005  10:49 AM
Posted by TMS:

8 & 5??? why? we can get that from Malik Rose or Mo T easily. we don't need anymore role players...we need a guy who can be the C of the future...if he's not going to put up 15 & 8 at the very least, why bother?

I'm not saying to get him, but if you do, just know what your getting and not getting.
Wizards basically kick Kwame Brown of the team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy