[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wizards basically kick Kwame Brown of the team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/3/2005  1:59 PM
i don't know what he did, but he is not allowed to play in any more playoff games this season, and he was not stomach sick last night.

I don't know what to make of kwame brown, they can S+T him, but his salary is very high. If you look at the pattern of Kwame Brown, im going to prognasticate that he could be a drug user. something is very foul with him, something not right. How can any team pawn up something like 6 years 50mm$? I mean he turned down 7.5mm a year for 4. doesnt play all year, has been btched by MJ, doug collins, now the entire new management? what doyou say, hes never played that well, he showed signs, by there are so many ominous signs around him, he smells like another shwan kemp without 1/10 if Shawns talent and heart.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2005  2:05 PM
i can't find any articles on this anywhere on ESPN...got a link BRIGGS? if this is true, i would definitely think twice before going after him this offseason too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2005  2:07 PM
We can bring him in with Bonzi Wells, Jeff McInnis, MIss Gazy and anfernee!

Malcontents R' Us!

What a team!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2005  2:10 PM
There's 2 Kemps. Early Kemp and fat Kemp. Early Kemp was the rainman. He might have been the most explosive player I have seen. He didnt dunk, he attacked. If it wasnt for Kemp guys like Amare would be taking hook shots. Then of course there's the 15 kids and drugs, but for about a decade he was able to stay focused enough to be a hell of a ball player.

I dont know what you do with him. Eddie Griffin played very well for Min, but that was after 2 years of no hoops. Rehab and shooting at people were also part of that happy story. Kwame will be like Steve Howe... so long as he can throw 90 and get out lefties someone will give him a job.

If its drugs expect Isiah to go full press as he loves junkies and drunks (dont we all?)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2005  2:12 PM
Kwame Brown To Miss Remainder Of Playoffs
3rd May, 2005 - 2:10 pm

Press Release - Washington Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld announced today that forward Kwame Brown will not participate for the remainder of the playoffs.

"Coach Jordan and I met with Kwame this morning," said Grunfeld. "The three of us felt it was best for both the Wizards organization and Kwame that he no longer participate in the remainder of the playoffs. The team will move forward in our participation in the playoffs, and we will have no further comment regarding this issue. We are moving forward. This is an exciting time for both the team and Washington, D.C."

Brown averaged 7.0 points and 4.9 rebounds in 42 games this season. He played in three postseason games, averaging 5.0 points and 5.0 rebounds.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2005  2:13 PM
this guy doesn't deserve anything more than the MLE.

so we offer that to him and let isiah and aguirre fix him.

no need for sign and trades and it doesn't look like washington will match.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2005  2:18 PM
wow, thanks for the article dude...sounds like you can add him to the "NO THANKS" list now too.

which of course means that our 2005 NY Knicks will be:

C - Kwame
PF - Zach
SF - Miles
SG - Spree
PG - McInnis

it's funny but i actually think that team would finish w/a #5 or #6 seed in the East next year...of course, after that they'll all be asking for max extensions, skip out on practices, fight w/their teammates in the lockerroom, & just be a general pain in the arse for the Knicks' ownership for the next 5 years.

what the hell...the Dolans deserve the headaches for all the crap they've put us fans through over the years.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/3/2005  2:28 PM
What is wrong with Jeff Mccinnis?

I don't think I would have taken a risk on Brown even before this, b/c he has shown no signs of breaking out and his real big games have been few and far in between. Even more so than Tim Thomas. Brown never was the way to go.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/3/2005  2:37 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

I dont think we should sign him actually. He will be a real pain and a waste.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/3/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

What is wrong with Jeff Mccinnis?

I don't think I would have taken a risk on Brown even before this, b/c he has shown no signs of breaking out and his real big games have been few and far in between. Even more so than Tim Thomas. Brown never was the way to go.

McInnis has a bad wrap. The only thing I can remember that he did was get slapped by Charles Oakley over a woman or a money loan, I don't remember. McInnis already fits in with Lebron so I dunno what's going on with him. He's a nice point guard.

Kwame will still be around cuz he's young. I hope Isiah leaves that cat alone. The Knicks already have guys that can do his job.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  2:40 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think he may need some brain cells, i dont know if isiah can supply them. well, we spent a total of 8mm on vin baker who was shot and drunk, we can spend an mle on kwame right:>) sans layden, we have led the league in reclimation projects. i mean isiah tried to acquire Griffin he got Baker Johnson, if anyone doesnt think kwame is next, they must be kidding themselves now. after watching these playoffs, i was sure isiah would lay that MLE on Jerome James[even if it were not popular] but now kwame probably goes to the top, even though he hasnt proven anything other than hes a fruit.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/3/2005  2:45 PM
He obviously can't be relied on as an important piece. If he wants the LLE as he tries to reclaim his (basketball?) life, fine. If not, see ya.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/3/2005  2:45 PM
This is actually good becuase I think it will drive Kwame's value down. Last time I checked, Washington has never been a franchise that had a great rep with their players, atleast in the last 10-15 years so I see this as nothing new with Washington. I have alot of confidence in Isiah working with younger players who have had problems getting playing time or playing up to their potential.

Briggs, I think the drug use comment is a bit of a reach, you really have nothing to base that comment on. Is it possible? Of course it is with anyone but I don't think you can just start labeling someone that without evidence.

I guess it's pretty obvious that Washington isn't going to be matching any offer that Kwame recieves so it will be easier to sign him to AROUND a midlevel deal and thats a chance I would take on a 20 year old youngster who has NBA body just needing the right coach/management to tap that talent.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/3/2005  2:59 PM
Hey man. I didnt know you were posting on ultimate till I talked to guns this weekend. I'm going to be looking for your posts cause I hear you are a Houston fan.
Posted by nyk4ever:

I guess it's pretty obvious that Washington isn't going to be matching any offer that Kwame recieves so it will be easier to sign him to AROUND a midlevel deal and thats a chance I would take on a 20 year old youngster who has NBA body just needing the right coach/management to tap that talent.
Actually, I wouldnt take a chance on a guy like Kwame. Especially on a team with Stephon. I dont think Stephon will have the patience with this guy. What do you think?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/3/2005  3:05 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Hey man. I didnt know you were posting on ultimate till I talked to guns this weekend. I'm going to be looking for your posts cause I hear you are a Houston fan.

Haha yeah man I'm rooting for Houston, I gotta see Big Pat and JVG win a championship. I was under the impression that you knew that I was posting on this board already, guess Guns failed to mention that in the past when I'm always arguing with him about the Knicks and Yankees
Actually, I wouldnt take a chance on a guy like Kwame. Especially on a team with Stephon. I dont think Stephon will have the patience with this guy. What do you think?

I think you have a point there but I think Isiah really trusts Steph and vice versa and if Isiah brings someone like Kwame in then Steph will work with him as much as he can until it gets right or until the player fails miserably. I honestly think Steph has matured and is more of a leader then he was before and helping along young players is all part of it. I dont know, its a gamble, obviously but I think its worth it.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 05/03/2005 15:06:25]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
5/3/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by djsunyc:

i think he may need some brain cells, i dont know if isiah can supply them.

Only God can supply people with brain cells. So yeah, Isiah probably thinks that he can.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/3/2005  3:46 PM
He obviously can't be relied on as an important piece. If he wants the LLE as he tries to reclaim his (basketball?) life, fine. If not, see ya.
I agree with that. He'd still be a good gamble for the LLE but not for anything more.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
5/3/2005  6:09 PM
Its the NBA and drugs are very common, half the league is high is an understatement. Frankly I haven't met or played with anyone that doesn't smoke weed...

Take the chance the Knicks are ****ed, Isiah has put us in a situation we may never get out of....Whats the worst that could happen, we pay someone that isn't going to be productive....

What if he turns into a good player someone reaches him....if we can get it down for the mid-level do it.....
BRIGGS
5/3/2005  6:22 PM
Posted by MS:

Its the NBA and drugs are very common, half the league is high is an understatement. Frankly I haven't met or played with anyone that doesn't smoke weed...

Take the chance the Knicks are ****ed, Isiah has put us in a situation we may never get out of....Whats the worst that could happen, we pay someone that isn't going to be productive....

What if he turns into a good player someone reaches him....if we can get it down for the mid-level do it.....

I agree with you to some extent. I think he has brought his price down to an MLE. If we factor that Adonal Foyle and Brian Cardinal got the MLE last year, Kwame brown is a solid risk reward candidate because of his size/age/and has shown he can be dominant. I think he will be a lifetime overacheiver, no matter what, but like the loto, you never know.

I kind of thought Jerome James leaped-frogged into the number 1 MLE position, so we'll have to see.
RIP Crushalot😞
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
5/3/2005  6:44 PM
I kind of thought Jerome James leaped-frogged into the number 1 MLE position, so we'll have to see.

for us, or for the league? he's this year's dampier, except his production has been high for a series, not a season. i'd take him cheap, S&T for one of our PF's but no more than that.
Wizards basically kick Kwame Brown of the team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy